Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo (2005-2014) Water Leaks Please Read

grahamthegasman

Hi, daughter has 58 plate aygo 5 door, had water running in to boot, new seals on light clusters, revealed tailgate light, revealed vents behind bumper, rubbers were tailgate glass rests sealed. No water in boot after hosepipe test. Have noticed passenger carpet underneath absolutely soaked not sure if been like that for a long time, put hospice on rear door couldn't see water coming in and down to carpet. If water is getting in would it be a door seal.

Hi Everyone.

Has anybody discovered these Aygo 3dr and 5dr replacement seal sets? I dont recall anybody mentioning them before. I only just discovered them a few days ago and received mine yesterday but yet to fit. They seem to have good reviews and have sold loads!

I'll attach a link for you. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-AYGO-Peugeot-107-Citroen-C1-3-Door-Boot-Tailgate-Seal-Leak-Seals-Kit/233616343694?hash=item36649e828e:g:tykAAOSwSRVe4kOZ

Or

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-AYGO-Peugeot-107-Citroen-C1-5-Door-Boot-Tailgate-Seal-Leak-Seals-Kit/233888596969?hash=item3674d8c3e9:g:kbIAAOSw7axgIS8z

11 hours ago, Ian beaumont said:

Hi, daughter has 58 plate aygo 5 door, had water running in to boot, new seals on light clusters, revealed tailgate light, revealed vents behind bumper, rubbers were tailgate glass rests sealed. No water in boot after hosepipe test. Have noticed passenger carpet underneath absolutely soaked not sure if been like that for a long time, put hospice on rear door couldn't see water coming in and down to carpet. If water is getting in would it be a door seal.

once its got wet the carpets will take forever to dry out ...mine was leaking from the brake light , trickling around the edge of the boot and soaked the rear foot wells , i proped the carpet up from jan to now stuffing news paper in there every couple of days to try and dry it , no it didnt had to take the carpets up and jet wash it all then hang out to dry  

8 hours ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Hi Everyone.

Has anybody discovered these Aygo 3dr and 5dr replacement seal sets? I dont recall anybody mentioning them before. I only just discovered them a few days ago and received mine yesterday but yet to fit. They seem to have good reviews and have sold loads!

I'll attach a link for you. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-AYGO-Peugeot-107-Citroen-C1-3-Door-Boot-Tailgate-Seal-Leak-Seals-Kit/233616343694?hash=item36649e828e:g:tykAAOSwSRVe4kOZ

Or

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-AYGO-Peugeot-107-Citroen-C1-5-Door-Boot-Tailgate-Seal-Leak-Seals-Kit/233888596969?hash=item3674d8c3e9:g:kbIAAOSw7axgIS8z

just someone selling the universal seals at a higher price ...handy if too lazy to research what you need 

5 hours ago, steveo3002 said:

once its got wet the carpets will take forever to dry out ...mine was leaking from the brake light , trickling around the edge of the boot and soaked the rear foot wells , i proped the carpet up from jan to now stuffing news paper in there every couple of days to try and dry it , no it didnt had to take the carpets up and jet wash it all then hang out to dry  

Do the carpets just unclip or do you have to take seats out to remove the carpets.

2 hours ago, Ian beaumont said:

Do the carpets just unclip or do you have to take seats out to remove the carpets.

seats out , consoles out , pillar trims off , seat belt bolts out ...about as easy as it gets really 

8 hours ago, steveo3002 said:

just someone selling the universal seals at a higher price ...handy if too lazy to research what you need 

I did think that. I thought of my daughter getting soaked at the car wash on numerous occasions and thought what the hell, the reviews are good, and the cost of genuine seals are ridiculous! 

Yet to fit them, waiting for the weather to warm up soon

52 minutes ago, steveo3002 said:

seats out , consoles out , pillar trims off , seat belt bolts out ...about as easy as it gets really 

Cheers thanks for info, I'll give it a go if can't get the carpet dry, got hairdryer under carpet at mo. 😂

are you drying the top or bottom of the carpet?  theres like 40mm of wool padding under it that soaks it up and wont dry out ...reaches under the front seats 

i tried to dry mine for 2 months and it was still sopping wet ...good chance to jet wash the carpets and freshen it up , i also put some sound deadening in mine while the carpet was out 

24 minutes ago, steveo3002 said:

are you drying the top or bottom of the carpet?  theres like 40mm of wool padding under it that soaks it up and wont dry out ...reaches under the front seats 

i tried to dry mine for 2 months and it was still sopping wet ...good chance to jet wash the carpets and freshen it up , i also put some sound deadening in mine while the carpet was out 

Managed to get hairdryer underneath the carpet, it was the wool padding that's soaking wet, seems to be working, will check tomorrow see if it feels any better.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links