Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo (2005-2014) Water Leaks Please Read

grahamthegasman

Your questions would be best asked of Mr T, only the garage can give you definitive answers on their service costs...

Have you checked the terms and conditions of your warranty? Usually these give a good indication as to what is covered and what isn't. Is it actually a Toyota warranty or a third party warranty? I suspect it may be a third party warranty as I haven't come across any 'upgrade' facility for the Toyota used car warranty.

As you have the car on HP, the Sale of Goods Act won't apply. Instead the Supply of Goods Implied Terms Act 1973 applies, which makes the HP company responsible for the quality of goods supplied, and gives you slightly different rights to the Sale of Goods Act.

Thanks for the response guys- here's a brief overview:

• I bought the car on HP as a Toyota Approved Used Vehicle, 2008 model with 27,000 miles last Sept 2013.
  • My warranty IS with Toyota, it goes on about Protected Parts and MOT Protected parts, which I have had a good read of, but it doesnt mention leaks or anything like that in the context of either fixing or not fixing.
  • It does mention Excluded Parts- body panels and paintwork, all interior and exterior trim including brightwork parts, and parts that ARE DEFICIENT MERELY AS A RESULT OF USAGE (which this is not), but nothing again to do specifically with leaks.

Needless to say the warranty isn't easy reading, as every so often they basicaly whack in it's up to them whether they treat the issue as worthy of the warranty claim.

Have spoken to a couple of friends who have said that because it is HP and still within warranty it should be up to the Toyota Financial Services to honour the repair for essentially trying to Finance a car with a known fault, as technically it is still their car.

By the sounds of the garages response they will not be paying for anything, so is it worth me just doing it myself, as I would not want to pay ANYTHING to Toyota for the simple reason that I feel I am being ripped off!!

Again, it's such a shame because the car is fine- I'm just getting more irritated by Toyota's response of basically tough ti**y!!

Again, all reply's welcomed!!

Thanks!! :)

In that case you need to approach Toyota Financial Services as regards the 'Supply of Goods Implied Terms Act 1973'.

Cheers Frostyballs!! Have had a look at the CAB site and have got a letter teplate for exactly this kind of business, so have one to Toyota Financial Services ready to send, will let you know of the progress!!

Big Cheers :)

My Aygo 2009 started leaking profusely at the end of last year. Toyota agreed to replace some of the seals free of charge- but insists I must pay £300 for the others! I have contacted so-called Customer Services with no joy. I don't understand how they accept some seals are their responsibility but the others aren't. I am so disillusioned with Toyota, I thought they were a company with integrity. Has anyone else had part-funded replacement? and has anyone had success emailing the Japanese office?

To be honest any e-mails to the Japanese offices would probably be referred through to Toyota Europe and then to Toyota GB, as you're in their sphere of operation. Do you know what seals they're not paying for, as these may be easily fixed by referring to other topics on this forum.

Thanks, Frostytballs, guess I just have to accept that we have been badly let down in this matter. I have a list of seals so thanks to all who have posted methods of repair. Will be unable to recommend or buy Toyota again, what a shame their customers mean so little to them.

Bear in mind that most manufacturers, once the new car warranty has expired, don't entertain helping with bodywork issues - leaving the customer to sort out any problems by themselves.

Toyota have extended their warranty on leaks for the Aygo to five years - so presumably the leaks in your car that they are dealing with come under this extended warranty.

The Aygo is designed and built by a Joint Venture with PSA (Peugeot/Citroen). I very much doubt that PSA provide the same level of assistance that Toyota do on any leaky 107's and C1's

• 6 months later...

My Aygo is leaking and puddles form in the passenger foot well after it rains. Doesn't sya much for the Toyota brand! Still let's see what the Canterbury Motorline branch say and do when I take it to them on Thursday. I will report back

My Toyota Aygo also leaks! When it rains water puddles in the passenger seat foot well. Does not say much for the Toyota brand! Anyway let's see what the Canterbury Motorline dealership say or do when I take it in on Thursday I will report back

My Toyota Aygo also leaks! When it rains water puddles in the passenger seat foot well. Does not say much for the Toyota brand! Anyway let's see what the Canterbury Motorline dealership say or do when I take it in on Thursday I will report back

Sorry to hear you have a leak, this is going to be the weather that shows up the Aygo's that stay dry and the ones that leak. If you look back over the 12 page thread you well get some good advise.

As far as the Toyota brand goes, if the Aygo had 100% Toyota content, I'm sure it would be a much better product but as its a joint venture with peugeot/ citreon, Toyota only supply the engine, the rest of the car is French :(

hope your car is in warrenty, then you can push for new doors seals and carpets.....good luck.

• 3 years later...

Hi all,  I was searching for Aygo leaks and came across this excellent Toyota site

I bought a Toyota Aygo blue back in 2009 from a local dealer, just up the road, seemed very reputable indeed. Anyhow, to cut to the chase, I had had my aygo garaged for eight years until late spring this year. No problems as such with car had it regularly serviced with the original dealers workshop. However on clearing the back seat area of coats etc before an MOT, I was alarmed to see a wet bench seat offside and slight saturation of the back rest too and a damp footwell Having read all the of the potential problems on the leaks,  I considered myself very lucky indeed but very sorry to hear all the tales of woe from others. 

Now in the same situation as you guys,and having to do all the tests advised to rectify the blasted problem :(   I'll have a word with the dealer/manager tomorrow to see if he would be willing to do any work and supply labourFOC  (would pay for seals etc. Failing that will have a go myself and see what I can do, will get back to let you know

Had the wife's Aygo for 4 years, the back always leaked water, there is a video on You Tube by an old boy that covers it....Use gundge on the following : Take out antennna and use the mastic on the underside, do the same on the rear high level tail light. Buy the rubber self adhesive tubing refenced in the video, stick it to the door frames  ( mine was a 2 door) and stick it on the rear glass hatch frame surround. as in double the existing rubber seals.

Not expensive, not difficult......... just  but a bit time consuming. It works.

On 10/03/2014 at 7:10 PM, Amazon1987 said:

Cheers Frostyballs!! Have had a look at the CAB site and have got a letter teplate for exactly this kind of business, so have one to Toyota Financial Services ready to send, will let you know of the progress!!

Big Cheers :)

i have sent letters like this to 3 mobile in the past and had been advised by trading standards to send a letter

to the company head office and also the same letter to the address where you made the purchase.

We’ve had our Aygo Sport since 2009 and I fixed the leak in the boot within a few weeks of ownership , I noticed the other day a small amount of water in the spare wheel well and on inspecting the chalk marks I left in the boot from the first fix I know it’s the high level rear brake light again.

I guess after 8 years the quick fix sealer has gone off 🙁..at the time I kept the orginal lamp unit and sealed around it but also purchased a good used and relatively new one at the time , I’ve dug this out the shed and will be using that along with some fresh RTV sealer.....just need a dry and slightly warmer day to do it 👍🏻

• 2 weeks later...

Update.....turns out it wasn’t the high level brake light but the rubber seal around the boot, I took the seal off and run RTV sealer around the whole of the grove in the seal and pushed it back on , made some chalk marks on the ledge inside the boot to check for leaks and waited for it to rain, boot now bone dry.....pleased with my efforts 👍🏻👍🏻

My aygo is in toyota guildford they are trying to fix water ingress in the boot it's been in a week so far. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

The yaris hybrid loan car they given me is not as economical as the aygo is. 

Got a call from Toyota this morning  saying my car was fixed.

When I got to the dealership it's started tipping it down so I went out with service assistant to check the boot guess what. 

Water was pouring in under the seal and running down into the spare wheel area.

The service manager said they had changed every seal now they will have to speak to toyota you see what to do next.

20 hours ago, kisbell said:

Got a call from Toyota this morning  saying my car was fixed.

When I got to the dealership it's started tipping it down so I went out with service assistant to check the boot guess what. 

Water was pouring in under the seal and running down into the spare wheel area.

The service manager said they had changed every seal now they will have to speak to toyota you see what to do next.

If it’s running in on the painted part of the boot frame near the latch then in my opinion the new seal needs RTV sealer Applied in the groove of the seal then pushed it in place ....trouble is that's not a valid warranty method so unlikely to do that 🙁

2 hours ago, Conrod said:

If it’s running in on the painted part of the boot frame near the latch then in my opinion the new seal needs RTV sealer Applied in the groove of the seal then pushed it in place ....trouble is that's not a valid warranty method so unlikely to do that 🙁

It's is near the latch.

My aygo was one of the last few off the production line you would like to think toyota would have come up with a solution for water ingress.

I've only had the car two months so if they can't fix it inchcape toyota will have to give me my money back.

Got my car back this evening!

Toyota bodged the repair they used black silicone on the boot seal looks like stevie wonder did the work.

Complained about the work they gave me £50 off the service that it was also in for and £50 off the next service. 

The service manager said they can put it back as it was before but it will leak.

So my next car will be Kia then 

17 minutes ago, kisbell said:

So my next car will be Kia then 

Your choice.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought my 2008 Aygo as a used car in 2013 from Toyota. Water started to leak into the boot and also the back seats about 6 months ago so a local garage replaced some seals. Now water has leaked into the inside passenger light and has affected the electrics - radio, light and A/C not working. the car has done 57,000 miles and otherwise is a great little car. Has anyone had any luck with Toyota fixing this problem as a good will gesture given the prevalence of leaky Aygos? If not, any idea how much it would cost to get fixed?? Any help appreciated :boat: