Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo (2005-2014) Water Leaks Please Read

grahamthegasman

Hi all ,my wifes Aygo has sprung leaks in the boot area and passenger door area.The car is out of warranty but i rang Toyota in Bradford today and they know about widespread problem with Aygos,to my surprise the service manager said they have now extended warranty on Aygos to five years but only for water leaks.Wifes car now booked in ,said wil change door seals and fit mod to both doors.Also will remove rear bumper and refit 2 vents behind bumper and also third break light will be removed and resealed.I was so pleased as car was out of warranty 2008 model,but will now be under warranty for two years so water leaks can now be sorted with no charge to us.RESULT.Please make phone calls and see if you can get yours sorted good luck guys.

Is it your own Toyota dealer that has extended the warranty or is it Toyota them selfs have extended it. Wife drives Aug 2007 Aygo we got it Sept 2010 from toyota dealer in N.Ireland which I live beside and my neighbour is manager took it back last year after we noticed the leak in the boot. We had to fight with them to get the seal around the light fixed it had year warranty but they said it does not cover leaks, once I said I won't buy Toyota again they fixed it. But now after the rain over past weeks the back seat and boot is badly soaked. The problem is the wife is a carer in the com untie and carries supplies with her which has been destroyed on several occasions by the wet. Wil ring dealer tomorrow to try my luck.

As far as i know its Toyota who have extended warranty,cant think just dealer would do this due to costs.If you have no joy ring West riding toyota in bradford speak to them then give phone to your dealer and let them hear for themselves,if warranty extended should be extended to all.The phone no is 01274 730730,

It's another well kept Toyota secret, it's true they have extended water leaks to 5years 100,000 miles on a case by case basis,

Dealer has to submit a request to Toyota first to guarantee payment, most repair parts are currently on b/o

I only know this after after being told by the extended warranty dept about the extension

The dealer network have not been officially told about this

• Like 1

this is great to know, i am suffering from the same problem my boot is soaked through, have water leaking under rear seats and pooling on passenger foot wells. will give toyota cardiff a ring to see if my 2008 model will be covered. Thanks for the heads up.

Good to know about the extended warranty :thumbsup: Thankfully my Aygo has been dry and the other Aygo I had before it was dry too. Wonder if Peugoet and Citroen are extending the warranty for their leaking 107/C1?

Aygo was in today Toyota have agreed to fix the leak, it was the same leak that was fixed last Sept and it was also leaking around the door. They give her a checkup as well two new tyres and wheel Bering on the back wheel £354. but glad they have been good enough to fix the leak. Damage had to be reported to Toyota they decided if it is design fault or wear and tear.

Hi all,

I have been following this topic with interest as my wifes Aygo has had pooling in the near side of the boot. Thanks to all your help, i have found the high level brake light leaking and duly re-sealed it.

I checked the rear footwells after and they were both wet (nearside more so) so i have dried them out and tried to neutralise the smell of "wet dog"

My question is, do you think that the leaking high level brake light was the source of all this water or is there any other known places of ingress that may have caused this?

Also, after Toyota replace the seals/lights etc, do they replace the mats and sound deadening to stop the smell of "wet dog" ?

All help is appreciated

Hi, I have just joined due to trying to find out where my 2006 Aygo is leaking into the boot.

After having a look at your forums I think the light cluster seals on both sides might be the culprits, the N/S being the worst of the two.

How hard are they to fix myself and would I get a huge bill if I take it into Toyota?

Any advice would be appreciated. :o

Bry109.

The wife's car is 2007 Sept. Was in Warranty until Sept 2011. It's currently down getting repaired by the Toyota dealer under warranty, they took some pictures and sent them to Toyota to check would they cover it. They agreed to cover it, they are changing the top back light it's a new revision also replacing something around the two back doors, will check tomorrow when I collect it.

The wife's car is 2007 Sept. Was in Warranty until Sept 2011. It's currently down getting repaired by the Toyota dealer under warranty, they took some pictures and sent them to Toyota to check would they cover it. They agreed to cover it, they are changing the top back light it's a new revision also replacing something around the two back doors, will check tomorrow when I collect it.

I was wondering how you got on. Glad to hear they've fixed it for you and under warranty - Great! :) I knew they would get you sorted as I've always found them to be very good at D&T. Hopefully your wife's Aygo will be nice and dry from now on. :thumbsup:

Lorna

Got to say well pleased with Toyota,wifes car went in for repair on Monday and due to being mmt auto,they did not have courtousy car she could use.So Toyota paid for hire car for a week while parts were been waited for.Car now all sorted and due to be collected tomorrow (sat).They have replaced rear hatchback seals,rear high level brake light,vents behind the bumper and also some seals on both front doors and now have said i have two year extended warranty now on any water leaks in the future.ps It helped having full service history with dealers as they want to keep you loyal to the brand .But i am well pleased now and i dont have to strip car down looking for leaks.Hope all you guys have same outcome as we did.

I picked up a new but prereg Aygo Ice on Monday evening and noticed on Tuesday that the passenger side footwells were soaking wet. Took it straight back, and after a lot of pushing on our part (backed up by advice from Office of Fair Trading) the dealer has agreed to replace car. However, my confidence has been knocked, particularly after seeing that this is a widespread and well documented problem. Am I foolish to be still considering an Aygo? I previously had a Golf that leaked, and I know what a nuisance this sort of problem can be. The 5 yr warranty is reassuring but the last thing I want is to have to be going back constantly to the dealer.

Hi, I have just joined due to trying to find out where my 2006 Aygo is leaking into the boot.

After having a look at your forums I think the light cluster seals on both sides might be the culprits, the N/S being the worst of the two.

How hard are they to fix myself and would I get a huge bill if I take it into Toyota?

Bry109.

I have found my leak. It was the central high mounted brake light (as many of you suggested) but it was worse than I thought. When I took it off I found a crack where the windscreen washer was situated and the small clip holding the washer tubing was also broken off so not only was the rain pouring in but every time I used my washer, water was being pumped into the roof space. Anyway its sorted now, the part cost £68 + vat but it only took minutes for me to replace it. Everything dried out now and no sign of a leak.

I have also bought the two air vents with the upgraded seals (£10+ each) but as the old ones aren't leaking yet I thought I'd leave those till the weather gets a bit better and I've figured out how to get the back bumper off. :P

Bry109.

I have found my leak. It was the central high mounted brake light (as many of you suggested) but it was worse than I thought. When I took it off I found a crack where the windscreen washer was situated and the small clip holding the washer tubing was also broken off so not only was the rain pouring in but every time I used my washer, water was being pumped into the roof space. Anyway its sorted now, the part cost £68 + vat but it only took minutes for me to replace it. Everything dried out now and no sign of a leak.

I have also bought the two air vents with the upgraded seals (£10+ each) but as the old ones aren't leaking yet I thought I'd leave those till the weather gets a bit better and I've figured out how to get the back bumper off. :P

Cracks across the washer jet is very common, as you have seen, its a weak point, along with a cheap rubber seal.

My wifes' Aygo has gone into Derby Inchcape today to have to waterleaks fixed. I had sealed the high level brake light myself and stopped it leaking from there which the garage was told about before they started.

Initially i was told that there would be a £80+vat to find the leak which after complaining, dropped to £40+vat!

I was told that if they found a leak, that was covered by the extended warranty, then i would not have to pay the diagnosis fee.

I was called this afternoon confirming that they had found 4 leaking areas (2 x rubber bump stops for the tailgate and the 2 vents behind the bumper)

I was then told that I may have to pay for these as Toyota may not honour the extended warranty??? This was after they lady had spoke to Toyota GB warranty dept. Anyway, she promised to do her best, but i may end up paying for some portion of the repair.

I made my feelings known and she promised to keep in touch.

I was contacted later still after the lady had tried to order the replacement parts and told that because of the amount of leaks being reported and repaired that all of the parts are on back order, some due in on 11th Feb and some with no date available!

I was told to keep the courtesy car as they will not release my wifes car until all the parts have been delivered and fitted and again, water leak tested.

Now, I work for Toyota at Burnaston and feel totally peeved that customers get treated in this way, especially as we always treat all cars we build with a customer first approach. If this is the level of aftersales care that is normally expected, (cannot complain about Inchcape Derby, they have kept me informed and not their fault regarding parts supply) then i can completely sympathise with people who switch brands after losing confidence in Toyota. Moreover, to me and the lads at the factory, potentially, our jobs could be at risk due to lack of customer loyalty and repeat business.

I will be taking this matter up with TGB internally at work to highlight my worries with aftersales in general.

I welcome any comments or feelings on my predicament (either waterleaks or aftersales service)

Rant over..........and relax!

My wifes' Aygo has gone into Derby Inchcape today to have to waterleaks fixed. I had sealed the high level brake light myself and stopped it leaking from there which the garage was told about before they started.

Initially i was told that there would be a £80+vat to find the leak which after complaining, dropped to £40+vat!

I was told that if they found a leak, that was covered by the extended warranty, then i would not have to pay the diagnosis fee.

I was called this afternoon confirming that they had found 4 leaking areas (2 x rubber bump stops for the tailgate and the 2 vents behind the bumper)

I was then told that I may have to pay for these as Toyota may not honour the extended warranty??? This was after they lady had spoke to Toyota GB warranty dept. Anyway, she promised to do her best, but i may end up paying for some portion of the repair.

I made my feelings known and she promised to keep in touch.

I was contacted later still after the lady had tried to order the replacement parts and told that because of the amount of leaks being reported and repaired that all of the parts are on back order, some due in on 11th Feb and some with no date available!

I was told to keep the courtesy car as they will not release my wifes car until all the parts have been delivered and fitted and again, water leak tested.

Now, I work for Toyota at Burnaston and feel totally peeved that customers get treated in this way, especially as we always treat all cars we build with a customer first approach. If this is the level of aftersales care that is normally expected, (cannot complain about Inchcape Derby, they have kept me informed and not their fault regarding parts supply) then i can completely sympathise with people who switch brands after losing confidence in Toyota. Moreover, to me and the lads at the factory, potentially, our jobs could be at risk due to lack of customer loyalty and repeat business.

I will be taking this matter up with TGB internally at work to highlight my worries with aftersales in general.

I welcome any comments or feelings on my predicament (either waterleaks or aftersales service)

Rant over..........and relax!

I have got the push button boot catch on order at the moment. The sticking button according to the parts dept. is also a known fault, but is not covered by Toyota's extended warranty (not that it applies to me because my Aygo is 06) He says they used the wrong type of plastic on the "plastic against plastic" parts. If they openly admit to using the wrong materials (as with the hazard button) then they should replace them no matter how old the car.

I think the Aygo is a great little car (thats why we have two of them) but since looking into my water leak I have found there are alot of niggly little faults that when added up, are not cheap to sort out. According to the man at Toyota its down to the partnership with Peugeot and Citreon.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE.

I have got my wifes car back today and Inchcape tell me all is fixed.

I went out to check the work is ok and saw that there was still water in the boot!

As well as the leak not being fixed, there is steel swarf melted into the carpet by the passenger seat where it appears they have had to drill a bolt out or something along those lines. We are now the owners of 2 rear mats with blue piping! (when ours went in the had charcoal) and finally, the rear number plate light is not fitted correctly!

After having the car for over 2 weeks, i would have thought all should be as new, how wrong can i be.

Anyway, i have informed Inchcape of their errors and they are having another look tomorrow, hopefully with better workmanship and maybe the car will get quality checked before it gets handed back to me this time.

Is it any wonder that Toyota is losing customers if this is how the aftersales works?

Welcome anyones thoughts on my experience.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone confirm that Toyota indeed did extend the warranty for water leaks on older Aygos to five years? (before they changed the warranty for all their cars to five years)

If so when???

• 5 months later...

Boot leaks is a widespread issue in all aygos, 107s and C1s.

I had been fighting leaks for a few months.

1. First I sealed the lamps with silicone:

a2e0a6beb2419a61m.jpg

2. Then, still having water, I noticed drops falling down from the boot door seal:

8d9771e3ff1f826em.jpg

I changed the seal for a new one and fought the problem was over.

3. After a few weeks I, out of curiosity, looked into the boot, and saw water again. I removed the high lever rear brake light and saw a few drops of water inside, so I sealed the light with silicone:

5af59f83bec4ce0am.jpg

The silocone, as the picture above shows, clearly prevents water from penetrating the light.

4. Last week I had a look again, and was cross to see water coming down body, which I marked here:

de2648a4e5b708dem.jpg

So I knew the water must have got there through the vents. I removed the bumper and watched that area while it was raining. The water goes down the way I marked in the pic below. It just goes down straight onto the vents and the seal is crap.

695543094e051dc8m.jpg

However I decided not to remove the seal. I just put a thick rim of silicone, and water keeps away from the seal:

e2dd45d2ed631512m.jpg

No more water in the boot :) :thumbs:

Boot leaks have been widespread on Aygos but not so common on C1s and 107s.

The horizontal light clusters and different shaped tailgate have contributed to many of the Aygo boot leaks.

I have had my Aygo leaking.. they blamed alot of water on a little bit of the door membrane being missing and that it wasn't under warranty as it 'may' have been caused by a speaker I had fitted at a car audio center. Cost me £100 pound just for them too tell me that and that when it is replaced they want the car back in to do further tests to see if the problem is fixed, I know it is not leaking from there its just their way of getting money.. anyway i have purchased the part to fix the 'leak' and it cost me £7 for the membranes that they was going to charge me another £100 to replace.. HA!

The Aygo is known for it's leaks.

I had new door seals ( at a month old) and extra set of seals placed at the top door line. Has been ok since, Still maintain that it cant be hard to make a car water tight!

I've got a two week old aygo and I think I may be having the same prolem there are a few drip spots on the parcel shelf argh, if it is a leak U would have thought they would have fixed the design by now wtf, I might just be imaging ill wait till it properly rains again and see

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links