Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo (2005-2014) Water Leaks Please Read

grahamthegasman

Have you discovered the cause of the leak ?

There are many posts outlining quick and economical cures.

My High level brake leaked over this last few weeks ( Can't think why... )

It soaked the boot, filled the spare wheel area with a three inch puddle.

I took out the spare pulled up the drainage plugs and dried it out, I then took the carpet indoors to dry out.

I removed the two screws and cleaned off the seal on the brake light then I added some sealant around the seal and replaced it.

All this weekends storms did nothing to cause it to leak again.

Repair cost £ 3.50

Time: 30 minutes

Result :lol:

But your 2012 car is under warranty - didn't you want to take it back? Someone on here advised against using a sealant ....

Have you discovered the cause of the leak ?

There are many posts outlining quick and economical cures.

My High level brake leaked over this last few weeks ( Can't think why... )

It soaked the boot, filled the spare wheel area with a three inch puddle.

I took out the spare pulled up the drainage plugs and dried it out, I then took the carpet indoors to dry out.

I removed the two screws and cleaned off the seal on the brake light then I added some sealant around the seal and replaced it.

All this weekends storms did nothing to cause it to leak again.

Repair cost £ 3.50

Time: 30 minutes

Result :lol:

But your 2012 car is under warranty - didn't you want to take it back? Someone on here advised against using a sealant ....

It was Kingo

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/156052-time-to-take-on-toyota/page-2#entry1316127

Blame a chap while he is out of the room why don't you ....... :lol:

• Like 1

That was quickly spotted!

I hope I didn't imply any blame ...

David

That was quickly spotted!

I hope I didn't imply any blame ...

David

Errr hang on............."It was Kingo" does imply a little bit of blame :lol: :lol:

None taken................ :thumbsup:

Now then........where did I put my fist emocion? This'll have to do..................... :boxing:

Thank you to this forum I am now able to enter the room almost tena lady free!!!

No more wet footwell

No more soaking wet boot carpet.... Just a teaspoon full now which may just be coming in through the boot seal which I will try after another hose test on light cluster.

I removed the door panel, and the soundproofing was soaked behind the speaker. Sealant and plastic later, sorted!

Removed light clusters and made grommets with sealant and let it set. Removed upper brake light and sealed too, not leaking but water in the light unit and had blown the fuse on the steering wheel mounting :-/

So my little Aygo is back in my good books.

Thank you to this forum I am now able to enter the room almost tena lady free!!!

No more wet footwell

No more soaking wet boot carpet.... Just a teaspoon full now which may just be coming in through the boot seal which I will try after another hose test on light cluster.

I removed the door panel, and the soundproofing was soaked behind the speaker. Sealant and plastic later, sorted!

Removed light clusters and made grommets with sealant and let it set. Removed upper brake light and sealed too, not leaking but water in the light unit and had blown the fuse on the steering wheel mounting :-/

So my little Aygo is back in my good books.

Good to see you took the roll your sleeves up approach to fixing the problem :), how long did it take and how much did it cost :)

Really, not long at all! The time consuming bit was when I got the plastic and sealant stuck to my hands and not the car!

I had read how to remove all the allotted bits and pieces thanks to this forum .so had my £5 silicon sealant , borrowed tools and a friends garage, who pitched in too so no more than an hour which included a coffee! Waited a bit for the sealant around the light clusters to go off so that was the only time consuming bit.

Surprised myself it all went so smoothly!

• Like 1

Really, not long at all! The time consuming bit was when I got the plastic and sealant stuck to my hands and not the car!

I had read how to remove all the allotted bits and pieces thanks to this forum .so had my £5 silicon sealant , borrowed tools and a friends garage, who pitched in too so no more than an hour which included a coffee! Waited a bit for the sealant around the light clusters to go off so that was the only time consuming bit.

I have a few sheets of newspaper each side in the boot, just under the carpets on the side,keep looking at them every time it rains, been in there 3 years and still dry :) and like you bit of time and tube of sealer.

• Like 1

Think I might do the same...good plan baldrick! Cunning even!

Call it advanced warning of sealer going off hard and cracking :)

• Like 1

Please would you post a link to the how to remove the light clusters?

Thanks,

David

I found an easy to follow tutorial on you tube in regard to removing the light cluster but not sure how to attach a link!

Also fingers crossed I've found the final 'teaspoon of water' leak....from where the tailgate boot strutt attaches to the glass. Tightened it up as was rather loose, no leak today.....whoop whooop :-D

Please would you post a link to the how to remove the light clusters?

Thanks,

David

It is literally one 10mm nut behind the light cluster from within the car.

• Like 2

Hi, my Aygo has now some water leaks too.

I was at the garage and they want 1800€ for repairs, saying that the 4 door sealants have to be replaced, one leak at the atenna, one leak at the rear top brake light and since the carpet is in some areas pretty soaked it should have a new one too.

After searching the internet for a while I fixed the rear brake light leak, the antena leak. I wil also remove my rear bumper and try to fix the venthole seals.

Now I am wondering how I can fix the door seals, both back seat foot areas where soaked after the garage "tested" for leaks. I am not sure if I have already this extra door seal thingy that toyota gave out after they found their design failure, thats why i have attached some pics.

Door Seals:

rYbs5hNl.jpg

aAGgz1cl.jpg

sEtxj1jl.jpg

cbvov6Hl.jpg

The fact that the extra sealing at the rear doors does not goes till the end is I think a problem, but I have also water problems in the foot area of the front seats, strangly near the gear stick.

Is the top seal the extra seal from toyota?

Should I remove the extra seal completely and get a new one that goes further?

The garage took partially and completely the inner sealings, that goes around, out. Will it help if I just re attach them with glue or silicon?

Oh and any tip how I can get the car complet dry again, from the inside without taking the carpet out, I also found wet areas inside the roof.

Thanks for any help

Hi Daniel, others maybe able to help more than I can but this is how cured my wet passenger footwell.

I removed the inside of the door, screw removed by door handle , popped off lighter grey cover that has four dimples in behind door handle(see photo!) then popped off the cover but levering carefully around edges .post-137833-0-34310200-1392977242_thumb.

Behind the cover see if it's wet and if it's draining out of the bottom of the door properly and not into the car. If it's wet, like mine was, I sealed behind my speaker, on the door itself, with sealant and plastic, but you can buy membranes that cover it all to stop the water getting into the car. Also check the drain holes at the bottom of the door are running free of any debris.

Hope this helps :-)

See the last post of the following topic, which details where the Aygo commonly leaks from - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/152219-aygo-door-leak-issue-is-there-a-easy-diy-fix/?hl=%2Bleaks+%2Bfrom+%2Bdoors

I'd have a look at the speaker area of the doors first before replacing the seals.

See the last post of the following topic, which details where the Aygo commonly leaks from - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/152219-aygo-door-leak-issue-is-there-a-easy-diy-fix/?hl=+leaks++from++doors

I'd have a look at the speaker area of the doors first before replacing the seals.

Thank you FROSTYBALLS knew I'd found it on here!amazing fountain of knowledge

That's what I did with the door Daniel! Rear upper brake light(I also found it had fused!) checked antenna, and also tightened up the gas strutt that keeps the boot up!

With my carpet in the boot I fabrezed it(other makes are available !) and put it in the sunshine to dry. I also put some moisture absorbing crystal thingy in the car which may help a little

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there fellow leaky Aygo Owners!!

I to have a leak in my 08' Platinum Aygo- got it Sept 13 on HP for the next four years, also purchased 1 year warranty on it. It has only leaked the once but it was a hefty puddle in drivers footwell.

Took it to the garage to be told that my warranty would not cover leaks as it is not a mechanical fault. A nice friendly sales person then approached me to try and sell me an upgrade for a nominal fee.

I provisionally booked it in but when I was told it could be "in excess of £200", I became somewhat disgruntled.

Called Toyota Customer Relations and I have lodged a complaint, they have given me a reference number which I have told my local garage to follow up, which they did quite quickly.

I now have it booked in again for a couple weeks time for the garage to asscertain where the leak is coming from, I have already suggested the drivers door seal as the rest of the car is dry, however they need to do this inspection themselves to see whether or not I can claim on the warranty. Their standpoint still remains that it will probably NOT BE COVERED and I will foot the bill.

Aside from the leak I love the car, exactly what I want/need. From reading other posts it seems like most garages will honour the warranty once you become a disgruntled customer and fight your corner a bit.

My main concern is that:

a) I will be charged to have the car inspected by the garage; and

b) They will say "Yes there is a leak, but we are not paying to fix it"; then

c) I end up with a massive bill that I cant afford to pay.

I would happily pay if I didn't have it under warranty, as that would be my own fault, but what it seems is they sold me a car with a known fault and now wanting me to pick up the bill for it- needless to say I am not too happy with Toyota at present.

Any help on this massively appreciated as I'm not too sure what the best avenue to take is- do I fight my corner a bit of do I just pay to get it fixed???

Big thanks!!