Sign in to follow this  
grahamthegasman

Aygo Water Leaks Please Read

Recommended Posts

From earlier posts in this topic, Toyota extended the warranty for water leaks to five years. Depending when your Aygo was first registered, you may still be covered by this extension. You will need to approach your Toyota dealer to enquire about this. 

If you're outside of the warranty extension, a successful approach to Toyota as regards goodwill repairs will depend on whether your car has a Toyota service history. Note that goodwill is often a contribution towards the cost of repairs, and may not be the full cost. Any repair agreed under goodwill will need to be done via a Toyota dealer. Contact details - https://www.toyota.co.uk/contact-us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had the exact same problem with my 2013 model. The boot, rear seats, footwells and carpets were soaked. With the amount of water that had come in the car started to get mouldy inside. 

I spoke with Toyota Swindon about the problem to which they said to bring the car in 4 days later. 2 days went past and they called to say they had replaced some seals and sorted out the high level brake light and the car is bone dry.

Only time will tell when I pick up the car to see if the problem has gone. Very good customer service at this branch in Swindon and we'll recommended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, K3nty said:

I've had the exact same problem with my 2013 model. The boot, rear seats, footwells and carpets were soaked. With the amount of water that had come in the car started to get mouldy inside. 

I spoke with Toyota Swindon about the problem to which they said to bring the car in 4 days later. 2 days went past and they called to say they had replaced some seals and sorted out the high level brake light and the car is bone dry.

Only time will tell when I pick up the car to see if the problem has gone. Very good customer service at this branch in Swindon and we'll recommended.

 

It's a shame that the old shape aygo's leak.

Thank goodness that toyota has a 5 years warranty

Fingers crossed it's fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That old chestnut raised its head again today ! Water in the boot after a big downpour ,turned out to be a quick fix👍🏻 Rubber bump stops that keep the tailgate glass tensioned would spin freely by hand ...so sealed then with engine gasket 😎

 

 

DFF66D28-8239-4C88-AEE6-4C6D308FD20D.jpeg

C8AF26B4-9FF6-4CFF-9576-8A4726C72D08.jpeg

8C02B1A2-84F6-4BF0-A06D-1A4107D8D85D.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't read through this thread, so if this tip has been posted before then apologies. A quick fix I have done in the past to seal leaky door seals (not on the Aygo) is to get some self adhesive draft excluder - the stuff you put round doors at home. Run it along the outside of the car seal so that it contacts the door when closed. It stops leaks. You can get it from the pound shop in enough quantity to do the job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Interesting read.......... had the same issues this was the remedy, follow all videos!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwU_JsSfviA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All

Im a newbie this site , just bought my wife a aygo platinum 2008.  Like the car so far but she reported that water was gathering in the boot near side.  Had a good look at all the related posts on this site which were very helpful.  

So I followed all the tips:  took out and put silicone sealer on the rear light cluster, made no differed water still coming in.  Took out the third break light and plastered that with silicone sealer, made no difference water still coming in.  Even took off the nut that holds the nearside glass boot lid to the body of the car, plastered that with silicone sealer and it made no difference, water still coming in.  So, im stood staring at the open hatchback scratching my head when I noticed the circular small black rubber stop that you can only see with the glass hatchback door open (level with the light cluster) which spins around freely if you try and turn it.  Took it out, put some silicone sealer around it and hey presto no more leak, even after putting it through the car wash.  Result, I don't think I've seen that on the post so Im sure it will be helpful to someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I have a 2007 aygo which I’ve noticed has some water staining to the headliner any ideas on where this an occurr from

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's either from the high level brake light or radio aerial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As above, water ingress from the high-level brake light or aerial.

Suggest the only remedy is to get them out and apply silicone gunge around them in an effort to keep the water out!

All the best.

 

B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/30/2018 at 9:14 PM, mrcrimps said:

Hi All

Im a newbie this site , just bought my wife a aygo platinum 2008.  Like the car so far but she reported that water was gathering in the boot near side.  Had a good look at all the related posts on this site which were very helpful.  

So I followed all the tips:  took out and put silicone sealer on the rear light cluster, made no differed water still coming in.  Took out the third break light and plastered that with silicone sealer, made no difference water still coming in.  Even took off the nut that holds the nearside glass boot lid to the body of the car, plastered that with silicone sealer and it made no difference, water still coming in.  So, im stood staring at the open hatchback scratching my head when I noticed the circular small black rubber stop that you can only see with the glass hatchback door open (level with the light cluster) which spins around freely if you try and turn it.  Took it out, put some silicone sealer around it and hey presto no more leak, even after putting it through the car wash.  Result, I don't think I've seen that on the post so Im sure it will be helpful to someone.

I did put that in my post (3 posts up )with photos could have saved you a good few hours ....anyway glad you have a dry boot now .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fix for most of these Aygo's is:

1: Replace the high level brake light, its modified

2: Replace those two bump stops under the tailgate glass

3: Replace the bulb holders at the back of the rear lamps

Once you have done those modifications, it cures 95% of leaks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this issue present in AYGOs from 2016? Just want to know if it's worth notifying the dealer before I collect tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, iiNNeX said:

Is this issue present in AYGOs from 2016? Just want to know if it's worth notifying the dealer before I collect tomorrow.

No - the second generation Aygo (mid-2014 onwards) doesn't have any history of water leaks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this