Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2007 Head Lights Bulbs

vova88

hi every body i got an question i want to buy bulbs for auris that are the same as my LED's that i have but i see that the bulbs are HB7 and i cant find other HB7 that shine like the LED's,do sombody know witch buls i can buy ?

post-86410-0-05939100-1326027166_thumb.j

post-86410-0-75823600-1326027194_thumb.j

Hi Vova!

Which bulbs are you willing to change, low beams, fog lights or the high beams?

Low beams and fog lights are H11, low beams are HB3. There's no HB7's in Auris.

Hi Vova!

Which bulbs are you willing to change, low beams, fog lights or the high beams?

Low beams and fog lights are H11, low beams are HB3. There's no HB7's in Auris.

i want to change the fog bulbs and the normal lights on the outside of the headlight if you know what i mean and it is weird i looked in my toyota manual it sais that it is HB 7 and the fog's are H11

So with normal lights you mean low beams, the projector type ones, right?

There are some typos in the manual. My manual also states strange things about the bulbs... Don't believe everything it says.

So for fog lights I suggest using LED DRLs

H11-18-SMD-LED-01.jpg

Best solution for low beams would be fitting 6000 HIDs.

If you want full blue match, you can go for little extra and install MTEC Cosmos Blue bulbs to your high beams.

I am using a setup like that and here's how it looks:

parkithidjaledy.jpg

There are some typos in the manual. My manual also states strange things about the bulbs... Don't believe everything it says.

H11-18-SMD-LED-01.jpg

If you want full blue match, you can go for little extra and install MTEC Cosmos Blue bulbs to your high beams.

I am using a setup like that and here's how it looks:

parkithidjaledy.jpg

thx that's perfect just what i search and do you maybe know where i can find the DRLs and MTEC cosmos bulbs ?

thx

LED DRLs you can find almost in every shop selling car accessories or eBay. Just search for "H11 LED DRL".

Cosmos Blue bulbs are available here and here.

Order Cosmos Blue only for high beam lights in HB3, not in H11 for other lights. H11 is much more yellow and that's why MTEC looks good only when you use it in high beam lights. I don't know why. I tried fitting MTEC to my low beam projector lights and there was clear difference in colour, please see the pics below. Both bulbs are same, and the colour difference is not caused by projector lense.

p1060187.jpg

2lvk3dc.jpg

Hi, Speed_Chaser

How bright are the bulbs you are using compared to the originals?

I really despise the oem 'normal driving' bulbs, they just don't light up the road well and are not as bright as I would like.

I've been reading up on this thread and would appreciate some of your advice!

I'm looking for a white bulbs instead of the blues, similar to the left bulb on this clip:

If the link to the video is not allowed, please remove it, I read the Terms but unless I missed something, I think I might be fine...?

Thanks.

Upgrading lights is all well and good but pls remember other road users.

Fog lights are meant ONLY for fog and are NOT day time running lights. llegal use is frowned upon and can result in a fine.

High power xenon dipped lights can be blinding for other road users and have to have a proper levelling and wash system installed or you could face points on your license and a fine.

The new MOT due out this year does cover this issue.

and

Therefore a HID headlamp unit sold in the after market should:

1. be type approved to ECE Regulation 98 as a component.

2. when fitted to the vehicle should enable ECE Regulation 48 to be complied with

3. Comply with RVLR as far as "use" is concerned.

In practice this means:

1. The headlamp unit (outer lens, reflector, bulb) shall be type approved to ECE 98 and be "e-marked" to demonstrate this. That can only be done by the headlamp supplier - Hella, Valeo etc. who must test the headlamp in an independent laboratory.

2. Once fitted to the vehicle it must have headlamp cleaning and self-levelling (which can be for the headlamp or can be in the vehicle suspension - some expensive estate cars have "self-levelling suspension" and that is adequate). Also the dipped beam must stay on with the main beam.

3. The headlamp must be maintained in good working order, kept clean, and aligned/adjusted correctly like any other headlamp.

Under the Road Traffic Act 1988 it is an offence to supply, fit or use vehicle parts which are not legal.

In summary it is not permitted to convert an existing halogen headlamp unit for use with HID bulbs. The entire headlamp unit must be replaced with one designed and approved for use with HID bulbs and it must be installed in accordance with the rules stated above.

You might be able to see better but you may have blinded everybody else, and that is not a good idea.

Hi, Speed_Chaser

How bright are the bulbs you are using compared to the originals?

I really despise the oem 'normal driving' bulbs, they just don't light up the road well and are not as bright as I would like.

I've been reading up on this thread and would appreciate some of your advice!

Thanks.

Hi UnReal!

I am using HIDs as my driving lights, and they're noticeably brighter compared to stock. MTEC halogen bulbs are in my high beams so I don't know how will they work if you install them instead of your original low beam lights. All that I know is that they will be much more yellow in H11 compared to HB3. Because the colour temperature is different, I can't say about the brightness neither. In my high beams they've been working fine though and are bright enough. As bright as original high beams I'd say.

If you're going to buy some of these "ExtraBright +100%" lights, please bear in mind that they won't probably last for too long. I've heard that many of them work only for 2-3 months and are quite expensive too. They are also not as bright as they're promised to be.

I suggest you buying HIDs right away. They're not much more expensive, but they're bright and they will last for long. Guaranteed.

• 4 weeks later...

You Vova88 and Speed_Chaser , are you guys actual saying that you can put the H11 LED DRL on low beams and fog lights?

I did not say that :) I stated that both, foggies and the low beams are using H11. But I told Vova to use LED DRLs only in foggies. For the low beams I suggested some 6000K HIDs. Please refer to post #4.

BTW how's the process going on Vova? Did you get to install anything yet?

Upgrading lights is all well and good but pls remember other road users.

Fog lights are meant ONLY for fog and are NOT day time running lights. llegal use is frowned upon and can result in a fine.

High power Xenon dipped lights can be blinding for other road users and have to have a proper levelling and wash system installed or you could face points on your license and a fine.

The new MOT due out this year does cover this issue.

and

Therefore a HID headlamp unit sold in the after market should:

1. be type approved to ECE Regulation 98 as a component.

2. when fitted to the vehicle should enable ECE Regulation 48 to be complied with

3. Comply with RVLR as far as "use" is concerned.

In practice this means:

1. The headlamp unit (outer lens, reflector, bulb) shall be type approved to ECE 98 and be "e-marked" to demonstrate this. That can only be done by the headlamp supplier - Hella, Valeo etc. who must test the headlamp in an independent laboratory.

2. Once fitted to the vehicle it must have headlamp cleaning and self-levelling (which can be for the headlamp or can be in the vehicle suspension - some expensive estate cars have "self-levelling suspension" and that is adequate). Also the dipped beam must stay on with the main beam.

3. The headlamp must be maintained in good working order, kept clean, and aligned/adjusted correctly like any other headlamp.

Under the Road Traffic Act 1988 it is an offence to supply, fit or use vehicle parts which are not legal.

In summary it is not permitted to convert an existing halogen headlamp unit for use with HID bulbs. The entire headlamp unit must be replaced with one designed and approved for use with HID bulbs and it must be installed in accordance with the rules stated above.

You might be able to see better but you may have blinded everybody else, and that is not a good idea.

Good post, but when is this new MOT regulation coming into force?

I only ask because my car had an MOT on Friday 3rd Feb, and had no problem passing with HID bulbs fitted.

I can also drive at night without getting flashed by oncoming cars, but maybe thats because i went to the trouble of aligning them so they don't dazzle, and that could be why the MOT never even mentioned them.

I did not say that :) I stated that both, foggies and the low beams are using H11. But I told Vova to use LED DRLs only in foggies. For the low beams I suggested some 6000K HIDs. Please refer to post #4.

BTW how's the process going on Vova? Did you get to install anything yet?

Atm no progress in Belgium we got every year car inspection so it is not legal i need to put everything stock on the car :( and my car pass the inspection today so i am searching to get the bulbs but not easy in Belgium to find good stuff for auris :(

Internet and DHL/UPS are there ;) You can order from anywhere in the World. Also look in Germany, there's lots of stuff for cars!

I understand you. Here it's luckily after 3 years, then 2. After these 5 years you need to go every year. I too have lots of stuff which needs to be removed from the car before the inspection. Not nice :(

Internet and DHL/UPS are there ;) You can order from anywhere in the World. Also look in Germany, there's lots of stuff for cars!

I understand you. Here it's luckily after 3 years, then 2. After these 5 years you need to go every year. I too have lots of stuff which needs to be removed from the car before the inspection. Not nice :(

yes and i also stuck with my tail led lights cant find the bulbs to fit in i was at Toyota dealer they don't sell it the guy where i buy it from don't wanna do anything .... very frustrating

I will try to investigate... Watch this space, I'll update when I know something new :)

• 5 years later...
  • 7 months later...

The manual is confusing on this thing, recommending  H11 and  D4S  bulbs, how am i supposed to know which one i got then, without physically checking it?

Anyone know of a way to check without taking the light out? I wanted to buy a pair for when one dies.

My lights are white, like it's xenon, if that means anything.

D4S is for a xenon HID equipped car. Do you have HID?

Got no clue mate,  that's why i figured to ask here.  I checked some online places, and the Executive trim level should have xenon, but wanted to ask to be sure, i don't really want to take the thing apart when there's no need to replace it now.

I could not find a definitive answer in the manual. Any easy way to confirm?  

do you have auto-levelling & headlight wash?

How long have you had the car?

• Had it for almost a year, i have headlight wash and plenty of fancy gadgets considering the car production year. I think there is also auto leveling of headlights. 
  • I did notice it move few times, and there's no wheel to manually adjust.

You almost certainly have HIDs then by the sound of things. As a single bulb is ~£40 do you really want to buy a spare that you may never use (they also have longer life than halogen)?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links