Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Door Seal Split?

Amy Marie

Hiya everyone,

I have a Corolla 2004 T3D, and the driver's side window seal (that should go around the window glass) is split at the top at the back and therefore making an awful whistling noise.

I presume that Partsking can get me the seal but has anyone had this problem and fixed it? I'm worried about how big of a job it is, I've only ever put a wing mirror on her.

Thanks

Amy

x

Hiya everyone,

I have a Corolla 2004 T3D, and the driver's side window seal (that should go around the window glass) is split at the top at the back and therefore making an awful whistling noise.

I presume that Partsking can get me the seal but has anyone had this problem and fixed it? I'm worried about how big of a job it is, I've only ever put a wing mirror on her.

Thanks

Amy

x

Hi

If your not afraid to take things apart and are good with your hands you can do it, if you have any doubt though take it to a garage. You'll have to remove the drivers door card to change the seal as it goes into the door as it's the runner for the window. Yes you can get a replacement seal from parts king.

Here's a guide on how to take the door card off,

Door card removal.

Once off you'll need to remove the foam padding to get to the window. Secure the window from dropping by wedging some cardboard inbetween the door and window glass. Im not sure on a corolla cause I haven't stripped a door down on one yet, but usually the window will be held in place by some plastic pegs that go through the bottom of the window. You'll need to get these out be very carefull not the break the glass! Once you've removed the pegs feed the window back up through and out of the door and set aside safely. Remove and replace the new window seal. Re-fit in reverse order making sure everything still works, the window goes up and down and seats as it should before putting it all back together!.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links