Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ohhhh Bother.. Oil Burning Again ..

CharlieFarlie

Not diesel, you can see its like the old trolley busses.

It is connected to the overhead power lines

Del

Del

:thumbsup::toast::lol:

Brilliant Dell :toast: If that is connected to the powerlines, I am not surprised where his hands are placed :blink: Stew

Del

Hahahahahahaahahahahaha! I didn't see that the 1st time I looked! So its a Hybrid and the big thing he's pulling is the Battery to power the 1hp! :lol:

It will have a oil tank where the spare wheel should be on the back :thumbsup:

Toyotas next fix :yahoo:

The all new Toyota Rav 4...4.4 revealed

LampOilTanker.jpg

LMAO! Only 1 horse power though :lol: Bet its not Diesel ;)

Not Sure :unsure: Looks like we are back to runflats though :eek:

I :wub: run flats!!! On account that I dont have any :ph34r: :P

Cleaning out the EGR (Equine Gas Recirculator) will work wonders on your Roses'

LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At last!... An EGR that works :yahoo:

You dont see that getting fed back to the horses mouth :D

You dont see that getting fed back to the horses mouth :D

:lol: Ewwwwww! :sick::eat: :lol2:

When you think of it like that, I actually feel sorry for the Rav......its got to eat its own !Removed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I've just been out to my Avensis and seen if the old girl has had a good wipe after dinner! :pepsi::blowup:

I've just been out to my Avensis and seen if the old girl has had a good wipe after dinner! :pepsi::blowup::banned::blushing:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hysterically_laughing.gif

I think in the USA they do not have all the emissions that We have in the UK.. Its not the oil burning that bothers Me. As I've said before the odd litre of oil makes bugger all difference..

But its the consequences of the Oil being burnt that presents the major problem !! It is likely to clog up the DPF filter and the Catalytic converter and in turn present hefty bills !!

In recent Years the burning of oil simply meant topping up. Now with all the fancy dan emissions its another story altogether...

Charlie.

I dunno Charile from what I read thier emmissions regulations could be worse.......They use 0w20 oil in their Ravs... I belive a 2.4 L 4 cylinder petrol, which has all the signs of the 2.2 diesels oil consumption.

I hear what your saying about not being bothered about the oil consumption if every thing else is ok and the engine will carry on this way.

But in my opinion 1L (or 1 Quart? what ever that is?) of oil every 1K miles, is a lot to me, I`ve never had a car that consumes that amount of oil without it being faulty in some way.....Either it is leaking out somewhere, or the piston rings are that shot (usually on a 150K miles car) it burns it up. There is no excuse for a new engine to burn that amount of oil.

But the manufactures are well aware of this as its wrote in the handbook that "1L of oil in 1K miles is acceptable"????

Do they get a share of oil profits or something, because when you think about it....that amount of oil equates to 10L of oil every 10K miles.??

So say you come to your routine 10k oil change, just for example you engine needs 5L of oil.

1: New oil at service time=5L

2: Top up oil =10L

this is the equivalant of 2 oil change services?.....................................Surely this is not right :(

Now I know this is not only Toyoya that has been suffering, although they seem to have come of the worse for wear.

But as far as I can remember this oil consumption all started around 2005 when 5w/30 oil was introduced......why is it all specified low ash nowerdays, its like the manufactures expect the engine to use oil? might as well go back to 2 stroke........surely buring 10L of oil every 10k miles puts out more emissions that anything else???:

It would not suprise me if the oil actually burns more cleanly than the diesel its self???

IIt would not suprise me if the oil actually burns more cleanly than the diesel its self???

Definately not, oil companies have spent a long time designing oils can maintain lubrication yet resist burning at high temperatures. :)

IIt would not suprise me if the oil actually burns more cleanly than the diesel its self???

Definately not, oil companies have spent a long time designing oils can maintain lubrication yet resist burning at high temperatures. :)

Tell that to charlies engine!!!

So whats the latest Charlie are you keeping it or selling?

Its gone quite on this topic, have you all gone to PM`s? :P

Tell that to charlies engine!!!

Resist burning not make it impossible ! :D

To burn 1L every 10k is just plain daft!!!... My Vw Polo TDi has just over 210k on the clock and between services I (At the very most) put in about 200m of oill!!! And thats with it being thrashed by Learner drivers!... A new engine will take sometime to "Bed in" but I understand that Charlie's car didn't use any oil and for xxxx miles and then started to! I've been reading a lot about Castrol Magnatec and some of the issues with it!!! Also been on some of the VW forums and Mobil 1 Turbo diesel oil (505 00 spec) has caused the cams to wear out! even though its the correct grade (Not for long drain, 507 00) for cars like Polo's ect!!!...

Its a !Removed! nighmare with some of these sodding oils!!!!!!!!....

UPDATE..

I had a call on the car today from a very genuine Guy enquiring about buying the car....

After several questions He asked.... So is it fault free now and has there been any problems at all since the new engine was fitted ??

Now I could have just said. Yeh Mate its all 100%......... But I couldn't...... So I told the truth,, Its running like a dream. Great on fuel. Nice and quiet. BUT its burning oil again.... WHY DID I SAY THAT ???

So I now have My next dates for travel to the Midlands. I will be calling the Dealer that fitted the engine and booking in for another consumption test.. I have My case number as the problem is logged with Toyota GB.

I have been very carefully monitoring the oil usage since I posted this thread, The oil I have been putting in has been measured using the very accurate measuring vessels that I have left over from My Kart racing days and My calculations show 1.175 litres of oil per 1000 miles travelled.

So I have a choice.. I can lie to those enquiring about the car.. Or go through the whole process again...

Looks like another engine some time soon then......

Charlie.

UPDATE.. I had a call on the car today from a very genuine Guy enquiring about buying the car.... After several questions He asked.... So is it fault free now and has there been any problems at all since the new engine was fitted ?? Now I could have just said. Yeh Mate its all 100%......... But I couldn't...... So I told the truth,, Its running like a dream. Great on fuel. Nice and quiet. BUT its burning oil again.... WHY DID I SAY THAT ??? .

Good on ya, I would`ve had to do the same !

Get the new engine if thats what it takes and see how it goes.

I think you've done the right thing and told the guy the truth! You know that your going to get another new 3/4 engine and can then sell the car with a clear conscience! and move back to the Audi's that I love...

I think you've done the right thing and told the guy the truth! You know that your going to get another new 3/4 engine and can then sell the car with a clear conscience! and move back to the Audi's that I love...

I think its the only way to do it Tim... Whilst not being a happy bunny at least I wont be stripping some poor bugger up..

The Dealer said on the last phone call that the engines are now sealed up while the consumption test is taking place which of course is fine by Me so long as they don't moan if it blows up..

Charlie.

So how do they seal these engines up mate? And if it does go pop then.... On there head be it!!! I bet this guy will buy your motor if he's aware that a new engine has been fitted! as its a lovely looking car that you keep so well :yes::thumbsup::clap::kewlpics:

UPDATE..

I have been very carefully monitoring the oil usage since I posted this thread, The oil I have been putting in has been measured using the very accurate measuring vessels that I have left over from My Kart racing days and My calculations show 1.175 litres of oil per 1000 miles travelled.

So I have a choice.. I can lie to those enquiring about the car.. Or go through the whole process again...

Looks like another engine some time soon then......

Charlie.

Please deny or agree with the fact that on the dip-stick, between the mark on the bottom and on the top, it is a litre?

Jozsef

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links