Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Prius (2012)

pjcowley

Good Morning All,

After hovering in the background of the group for some time, I opened my wallet and ordered a Prius T-Spirit last November. Decided to go the whole hog and order all options excluding the solar roof.

I have this morning had a phone call from the dealership confirming delivery in March, New Reg and more interestingly the new model :) .

My question is, dose anyone know what the “son of MkIII” will look like, dose it have the same options, will it have the new drive Battery, etc. etc. etc.

Your thoughts and wisdom gratefully received.

Good Morning All,

After hovering in the background of the group for some time, I opened my wallet and ordered a Prius T-Spirit last November. Decided to go the whole hog and order all options excluding the solar roof.

I have this morning had a phone call from the dealership confirming delivery in March, New Reg and more interestingly the new model :) .

My question is, dose anyone know what the “son of MkIII” will look like, dose it have the same options, will it have the new drive battery, etc. etc. etc.

Good luck. Please keep us informed as the situation develops. I (and I am sure many others) will be very interested.

My T-Spirit will be three years old in September and I will be having to consider whether any new models offer sufficient incentive to warrant a change. The plug-in has to be part of the consideration, but there is not nearly enough hard information available yet. Delivery periods being what they are currently, early decisions appear to be needed, but there isn't the information required to support such decisions. It could have a strong effect on Prius market share given that there are a number of other alternatives coming on stream.

Good Morning All,

My question is, dose anyone know what the “son of MkIII” will look like, dose it have the same options, will it have the new drive battery, etc. etc. etc.

Is it not the `plug in` Prius ?

Slight differences on front bumper/grill shape, front and rear lights, better looking 15" wheels on the T3/4 and I think they have dropped the Intelligent Park Assist on the 2012 T-Spirit.

The Plug-in will have the "Touch and Go" screen, as in the New Yaris, with internet connection etc. not sure if they are using this in the 2012 non plug-in.

• Like 1

Reading that Priuschat linked review, does only the 'top of the range' model now get HUD?

Reading that Priuschat linked review, does only the 'top of the range' model now get HUD?

In the USA.

None of the gen3 prii in the USA have HUD at the moment.

AFAIK the 2012 gen3 will still have HUD in the UK.

Phew TG for that, I am hoping to get a Tspirit mid year as replacement company car for my Gen 2 and I love the idea of the HUD!

Is this the advantage of buying a car that's originally designed for the right hand drive market or do European Gen 3 Prii have HUD?

Steve.

EU prii have the HUD as well. I think they even have it in Canada. It just seems to be the USA who don't have it. But they do have stuff we don't get.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links