Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 2004 Speedo Swap

jsykes83

Hi everybody,

I'm a total newbie here and I have an issue with my Toyota Corolla speedometer.

Quite simply, I've been told by 2 garages (one of them a Toyota garage) that the Speedo is bust and needs replacing.

Problem: a new speedo costs lots of money

Solution: I can find lots of cheap used speedos for the 2004 model Toyota Corolla online, complete with guarantees.

Issue: I have been informed by a garage that the speedo cluster may contain the coding for the immobiliser and/or alarm.

Question: can I simply swap speedos with a used speedo? Or will I encounter any issues with the immobiliser/alarm?

Any help is massively appreciated.

Thanks to all

Joe

Hi Lee.

Thanks very much for getting answering my query.

So basically, as long as I order a speedomotor for my generation of Toyota Corolla, it should be fine?

Thanks a lot

2 things... the t sport clocks are different to the 1.4/1.6, so bear that in mind when buying... and the only other issue is you will have is changing the mileage as this is stored on the clocks.

Hi Taf,

Aha, by "T", do you meant T1, T2, or T3? Because I have a 1.6 T3.

In which case, do I need to get a speedo that would fit either a 1.4 T3 or 1.6 T3?

Thanks again

Hi Taf,

Aha, by "T", do you meant T1, T2, or T3? Because I have a 1.6 T3.

In which case, do I need to get a speedo that would fit either a 1.4 T3 or 1.6 T3?

Thanks again

Lol NA by "T" i mean the VVTLI T SPORT model the rev range is different on them... youve got a 1.6 t3, your good to put any 1.4/1.6 clocks.. is corolla a face lift one??? what year is it?

It did enter my mind that you may have meant the awesome fast Corolla...sadly not mine.

Thanks a lot for answering my question though, it's a huge help. I'll get on with ordering a replacement clock.

Thanks again

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links