Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maf Connector Required

chris1712

OK so as in this thread, http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=131624 I still need to fix this. With the changes to MOT's from jan 2012 my car will fail because of this (!) so I need a solution!

The existing connector is not fixable, the remaining wire inside is too small to bodge, it's snapped very deep into the connector. I went to Mr T today with the part numbers in the sticky and no luck, similarly found nothing just searching through diagrams either. The bloke insisted you could not purchase individual connectors.

Where can I get one? Anyone have a spare from a typhoon extension or similar? Help! Got 2 weeks until my MOT expires :/.

Here's how to get the wires out at the sides of the plug is a small tag on each side gently ease the tag up so the rubber seal slowly comes out then ease the white clip from inside up and out at.you can now see the wires there is a small black tag retaining each individual wire lever the tag out gently and you can now pull the terminal out repair it and push it back in tomorrow.hope that helps.

Ps forget about removing the rubber seal and move straight to the white plastic clip and lever out repair.the seal doesn't need to come out.

I put those part numbers on about 4yrs ago now, at the time it was a struggle getting the dealer to order them as they insisted it would be wrong. The correct bits did arrive. I wonder of they have now been discontinued as they haven't made a CTS for 6yrs.

Did the dealer say the number is longer on the system?

that part is common across many toyotas and subarus, its basically a standard nippon denso connector.

try the subaru dealer if the toyota dealer doesn't work.