Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Hsd Techniques To Maximise Mpg

smuddell

I realised that when I drive at 60 consumes much less then when I drive on 70, Try to drive a little bit under 70 and It works! and Yes turn the heating off and it will be much more productive! as well if you have 15" or 16" You have better M P G! the 17" looks nice but It makes your Auris HSD much slower!

Have anyone notice that the windscreen doesn't freeze?? Is this because of the sensor?? This is great!! anyone who can share any experience with their Auris HSD will be great!!

Took delivery of my Auris HSD Active (T4 UK?) last Friday, and had to drive from NW Spain to the SE the next day. 950km at a fairly steady pace (105 kph/65 mph) due to intermittent fog patches. Just did the first fuel top-up after an interim partial fill on the way down. The OBC was showing 5.1 l/100km - brim-to-brim calculation 5.4 l/100km (51.9 mpg UK). Not bad - it was fairly cold most of the way +1C, and there are a couple of mountain passes en-route.

Very impressed with the car generally, and now that I'm in a warmer part of Spain, hopefully the mpg will improve.

Your mileage/mpg's will certainly improve as the car beds in. You should certainly get much better economy than that in summer. Me and the mrs went from northern England to Bordeaux and around France and home and averaged about 63 mpg for one of the tanks of 450 miles or so.

Just keep checking those tyre pressures as that they can change and affect economy big time.

If you try you really can squeeze some amazing mpg's out of the hybrids. I have the gen3 Prius which is pretty much the same running gear as the Auris hsd and at a steady 50 mph on the motorway construction zones I can get 75-80 mpg. The best mpg run I managed was last summer where I returned 91.1 mpg over 11.4 miles between Alwoodly in Leeds and Harrogate (up and down hills). I don't wish to repeat this as I would die of boredom trying, but it shows that that you can achieve silly mpg's out of an automatic petrol car that can carry 5 adults and do 0-60 in 10 seconds.

I agree, by trial and error, I have been able to modify my driving style to enable me to achieve better fuel consumption figures than the manufacturers state,however, driving at higher speeds in nose to tail rush hour motorway traffic in cold, wet climate conditions is never going to yield good economy figures and niether is driving in heavy traffic in traffic calmed areas.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links