Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Noise From Engine/gearbox

ste372

Noticed this last night driving with radio off. If I rev the car with the clutch in it sounds normal, if I rev the car as I pull the clutch up there is a chattering/rattling noise coming from engine/gearbox area

Anyone any ideas please

Just sounds like the normal rattly ts box to me not the quietest of cars that way.

not got round to doing anything with it yet ill check the gearbox oil this weekend and take it from there.

could it possibly be clutch pressure plate, release bearing??

not got round to doing anything with it yet ill check the gearbox oil this weekend and take it from there.

could it possibly be clutch pressure plate, release bearing??

It could be the release bearing! Good luck with it and let us know how the checks go over the weekend :thumbsup:

Been quoted £87 for a luk clutch kit so might just throw it in if there is no change after I change the gear oil.

Been quoted £87 for a luk clutch kit so might just throw it in if there is no change after I change the gear oil.

Thats a cracking deal for a LUK (Same as MR T original) thats for a 3 piece kit? I paid £120 for a LUK for my Polo from byparts,co,uk

Yh thought it was cheap when he said it. I paid 175 for a clutch kit on my fabia vrs.

Does anyone know weather a standard clutch can be used with a lightened flywheel?

had some spare time at work today checked gearbox oil and was clean and topped upto max level. identified the noise as the thrust bearing.

contacted dealer who i got the car from 3 weeks ago they have agreed to fix it free :D happy days

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links