Do Not Sell My Personal Information

E12 T Sport Front Demist Is Rubbish?>?>

Wende XT

Hey guys I'm new to corolla ownership and as much as I love my T sport the front demist seems really rubbish it takes ages to clear 5-10 mins to get 75% of the windscreen clear but then a further 5 mins to clear the 25% left on the driver’s side this seems ridiculous? Anyone got any suggestions or is this a common issue?

Thanks

you've probably got the infamous heater matrix problem.If so you may be able to clear it by using sink unblocker or back flushing the matrix ,if not then a costly new matrix install. I have the problem too .ive learned to live with it . one of the very few problems these cars get.

search heater matrix on here for more info .

didn't think to check the pollen filter I'll go do that & pretty sure my heater matrix is fine I get good heat from all vents its more the fans just seem really weak.

If the air flow seems really weak then id be checking pollen filter probably find it hasnt been changed at all

Where do they keep the pollen filter in these then? Have to admit our has never been changed as we didn't know where it was! :lol:

1. open and empty glovebox

2. on left hand side whip out the philips head screw which holds the little soft open air jack thingy on

3. pull glovebox upwards in like with the same angle it is at when it is open

4. remove glovebox by following step 4 and look behind where the glovebox would be

5. there is a large black plastic casing (around the size of the old VHS cassettes)

6. push the 2 tabs towards each other and remove the top

7. remove the pollen filter and change, remembering to orientate the filter in the right way (they are marked 'UP' with an arrow)

8. do the reverse of steps 1-6 and jobs a good 'un

also on the heater settings if you have got it set to recycle air in the cabin your screen won't demist. set it to use fresh outside air.

hope that helps.

the aircon might need the gas topping up, as this is used to de-mist the window

^^ it's always interested my why the aircon auto cuts in when you press the button to make the front screen demist. i was under the impression warmer air would be quickest to demist the screen? or is the a/c used to just dry the air rather than cool it?

well today I finally had 5mins to check the pollen filter and its black & full of leaves & twigs so I've taken it out & ordered a new one :) the fans are much more powerful now so many thanks guys :)

The back window Demist works fine, the front can be a problem

249325_10150623867280431_874815430_18651078_1465686_a.jpg

Also make sure that the following button is NOT activated.

When it is, the front demist won't work good either :)

dscn3930a.jpg

Grtz

well today I finally had 5mins to check the pollen filter and its black & full of leaves & twigs so I've taken it out & ordered a new one :) the fans are much more powerful now so many thanks guys :)

Checked mine too this morning as I've noticed the same symptoms as you the last couple of weeks. Same result, lots of twigs and leaves and a black filter. New one just been ordered!