Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Problems

RTJ

Firstly I am new to this Forum so Happy and Healthy New Year to all readers. Grateful for advice. My CD player in 2003 RAV4 keeps ejecting the disks despite the use of a cleaning disk. Is there any fix for this ? If not, where best to get a replacement unit. The radio works fine. Best wishes, Roger

Firstly I am new to this Forum so Happy and Healthy New Year to all readers. Grateful for advice. My CD player in 2003 RAV4 keeps ejecting the disks despite the use of a cleaning disk. Is there any fix for this ? If not, where best to get a replacement unit. The radio works fine. Best wishes, Roger

Welcome to Madhouse Roger and this may be of no help. My wife's 58812 RADIO section chucked it last year and somebody in Falkirkshire was on eBay advertising the "stock repair" for this common shutdown of radio. They are on eBay under "Rav 4 Radio Repair" and should be able to help by phone if you would like to try them.....not cheap !!!

JUST CHECKED : CD not playing is part of same fault...repair including return carriage is..... £99.50!!!

They replace central / main processor, WTF that is.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Welcome to Madhouse Roger and this may be of no help. My wife's 58812 RADIO section chucked it last year and somebody in Falkirkshire was on eBay advertising the "stock repair" for this common shutdown of radio. They are on eBay under "Rav 4 Radio Repair" and should be able to help by phone if you would like to try them.....not cheap !!!

JUST CHECKED : CD not playing is part of same fault...repair including return carriage is..... £99.50!!!

Hi Kev

Is it worth to use" CD for cleaning" time to time or not?? Because the slot has curtain that cleans each CD preventing dust penetrating inside. Or am I mistaken? Cheers/Igor

Hi Kev

Is it worth to use" CD for cleaning" time to time or not?? Because the slot has curtain that cleans each CD preventing dust penetrating inside. Or am I mistaken? Cheers/Igor

Don't think that would work or improve things, Big Buddy, but if a faulty / dirty disc suspected, I am sure he has tried more than just one disc....?

Big Kev :unsure:

Hi Kev

Don't think that would work or improve things, Big Buddy, but if a faulty / dirty disc suspected, I am sure he has tried more than just one disc....?

Big Kev :unsure:

no when damaged CD -- i ve experienced a song play starts to jump and i am forced to shift playback of the next song.

cheers

You should be see a complete unit on eBay for well under a hundred quid regularly. Alternatively, buy a much more modern unit, an ISO Adapter for the leads and a set of fillets for the sides and join the 21st century :)

Thanks for the response. I have solved it. Just sold it and bought another RAV4 !

Cheers,

Roger

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links