Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Hybrid

cuius

I know they have announced the tie in with BMW over diesel engines, but that market is going to dimminish over the years, diesel will be a dead duck in years to come

Kingo :thumbsup:

Which is probably why they don't want to invest millions £'s for a declining share of engines only mainly used in the European market.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BassaJay

• Mister MMT

• timberwolf

• Yolina

Yaris Hybrid is very interesting, very impressive that the luggage compartment is the same size as on regular Yaris! Here is some information for those who are interested too! http://www.treehugger.com/cars/first-official-photos-toyota-yaris-hybrid.html

Any more info, from any one, Kingo? :disgust:

I think that it is really good that Toyota are expanding their hybrid models. The argument between the automatic/ manual crowd will doubtless continue for a number of years,However it is encouraging to see that development on more efficient systems continues.

Here is some information for those who are interested too! http://www.treehugge...ris-hybrid.html

Wow. Must be a pretty radical website :o

Content blocked by your organization

Reason: This Websense category is filtered: Advocacy Groups.

URL: http://www.treehugger.com

I think that it is really good that Toyota are expanding their hybrid models. The argument between the automatic/ manual crowd will doubtless continue for a number of years,However it is encouraging to see that development on more efficient systems continues.

Putting the hybrid drivetrain into regular models is good for those who don't want to drive a prius for whatever reason. It also provides a better automatic solution vs the mechanical auto gearbox. Smoother, more reliable and better mpg.

Automatics haven't really caught on here like they have in the USA.

Yaris Hybrid is very interesting, very impressive that the luggage compartment is the same size as on regular Yaris! Here is some information for those who are interested too! http://www.treehugge...ris-hybrid.html

Any more info, from any one, Kingo? :disgust:

Only the news from the Toyota blog, due mid year

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-yaris-hybrid-first-images-ahead-of-geneva-debut

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

There is now a follow-up article on the Auto Express website. However the CO2 figure quoted - "104g/km" - seems very high. A possible error?

http://www.autoexpre...ris_hybrid.html

Update: Just received confirmation from Toyota that the article is incorrect and they have not yet published their figures for the Yaris

According to my source in the French Prius Touring Club, post #483 and follow ups, the official average consumption has now been set at 3.4 l/100 km or 83 MPG (imperial UK)! This makes 79 g CO2. :jawdrop: From experience, we know these low values are not often attained in real life, but with some effort, CAN be. Some credibilty is added in view of the many road tests of the closely related Prius c now appearing in the PriusChat forum. 60 MPG (US) = 72 mpg (imperial UK) and better seems to be easely attainable there.

In countries like Spain, The Netherlands, France and UK, providing hefty tax reductions, this will potentially be a best-seller. In Germany, no deals as long as VW has no comparable offer....

For me, living in Germany, this means I'll have to compare the Yaris 1,3 Multidrive S, also in view of the excellent review of Honest John.

Jan :thumbsup:

Still somewhat hidden: official pre-launch information on the Toyota UK site providing insight into levels (2) and specifications. It looks like the ovarall start level is better then the Prius c in the US (between two and three). The car can be pre-ordered already!

On the Swiss Toyota site, see the "Top-Highlights" insert saying "Émissions de CO2 de moins de 80 g/km", one learns in addition that the CO2 emissions are lower then 80 g (European cycle), which corroborates the insider info of a French "Prius Touring Club" member (post #483 and follow-up) claiming 79 g/km and 3.4 l/100 km (83 MPG UK or 69 MPG US). The 69 MPG US is as usual only for users paying a lot of attention to driving style, but in the light of Andy's Prius c test report on PriusChat, sounds credible.

• 2 weeks later...

The official figures appear to have been released - 80.7mpg, whilst producing just 79g/km of CO2. With a starting price of less than £15,000, customer deliveries commence in July, and is available to order now..

or:

http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/frame_start.jsp?id=CC2-YarisHSD-landing

Wow that's an impressive figure. I wonder what the Battery tech is? Is it NiMh like the Prius or the newer LIon due in the forthcoming Plug In Prius and Prius+.

I think Toyota might be onto a winner with the hybrid Yaris - it's a small family hatch, will be easy to drive, no road tax and you'll still get 70+ mpg with ease if my experience of the Prius mpg's is anything to go by. Still waiting for the diesel fan boys comments about how their 1996 Rover diesel can manage 65 mpg and that hybrids are all overly complicated etc etc :)

I'm seriously impressed with the price!

A 1.33 Multidrive S TR is £14260 and it has a lower specification than the "Mid Spec" Yaris Hybrid, even a Fiesta 1.6 TDCI 'Econetic' Zetec (95g/km) is £15245! Also all the competitors will cost you 5-10p more per litre to fill up.

If Toyota market it well they'll sell them by the transporter load :thumbsup:

Deleted

Is anyone else having trouble with this forum running very slowly and freezing etc?

"We can exclusively reveal that the New Yaris Hybrid will be on sale this July starting from an on the road price of just £14,995." - email from Toyota this evening - presumably the Mid Grade spec.

Only problem I had with the Yaris was no cruise control

Its a great price for the Hybrid Yaris :yes: Can't wait to see one.

@Grumpy Cabbie - I haven't noticed any slowness of the forum or any freezing.

Seems like a nice price. Checked with dealer Saturday but they aren't expecting any info or stuff until April.

Isn't it a beautiful small car ?

to be enjoyed in full HD

Introducing the all-new Toyota Yaris Hybrid | Toyota Car Parts NZ

European Toyota Media Site - News

tfl_du10.jpg

tfl_he10.jpg

tfl_he11.jpg

led_tf10.jpg

front10.jpg

led_ba10.jpg

interi10.jpg

Note the shift guide is in chrome metal finish, nicer then the black plastic in the Prius c, to my eyes!

Jan

:gora:

It rains videos today!!

This is a great review of the Prius c' date=' which gives us some hints what the Yaris Hybrid will be like. Although it's not an in depth one with objective measurements, it gives us an excellent impression. And waw, beautiful surroundings around San Diego (La Jolla?).

I've been intrigued by the statement that the Prius c would be more high end then the Yaris. I believe this is somewhat misleading. At least, as far as the Hybrid is concerned, this is certainly not the case.

In fact, it's as well equipped as the Prius c 3. See the Toyota UK Yaris hybrid site. Both cars are mechanical twins, but Toyota wishes to exploit the Prius brand name to position de c as a more highend car.

The Prius c uses the slightly stretched (1.6 in.) platform of the Ractis/Verso S. Width is identical. The Yaris is 1.7 in. higher and 3.8 in. shorter. Its windshield is advanced to give it a cab forward configuration. This makes it feel very roomy and offers more head space in the back. In comparison, the Prius c is a more coupé like, slightly longer car, but it offers less space to its occupants.

The following pictures illustrate the above.

vergle10.jpg

yaris_15.jpg

And an image of the Mid Grade (black) and High Grade Yaris hybrid models. Note the specific front which looks very Prius liftback 2012 like to me and the nice LED daylight driving lights incorporated into the headlights.

both_m10.jpg

Both cars are essentially city cars and therefore SMALL. Too small for some?

Too big for me! :P

But I was really hoping they'd fix the front... The normal Mk3 looks a lot nicer from the front than the original designs I saw but the Mk3 HSD seems to have gotten the ugly stick instead :lol:

This does not look like a low end car! Watch in full HD and enjoy the music!

http://www.facebook....&type=2

And a screenshot of the seemingly unpopular shift stick (at least with Prius drivers).

levier10.jpg

I agree it would have been appropriate for the Prius c, since the joystick is like a Prius signature. In a regular Toyota model with analogue instruments, it looks less appropriate. The Camry HSD also uses a regular stick.

Having a similar one in my Avensis with a conventional automatic gear box, I can assure this is very ergonomic and practical. And in an HSD powered car, you barely use anything else but "D" while driving.

The chrome metal base plate is good value.

This does not look like a low end car! Watch in full HD and enjoy the music!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=304216799640790&set=vb.171012436264873&type=2&theater

I like the shift. Very similar to the one in my Avensis and very practical and ergonomic!

levier10.jpg

I recommend reading this detailed test of the Prius c. It is predictive for the Yaris Hybrid.

There are also nice HD pictures, also from beneath.

It seems to drive, turn and brake very well. Its fuel consumption is amazingly low for what is usual in a test drive of this kind. The testdriver prefers it by a significant margin over the regular Prius liftback...

Sorry for the Tsunami of information, but today, the Geneva show opened and the first life images appear. Thought these pictures might interest you all! You might as well take advantage for training your French... :angel:

http://www.leblogaut...brid_14.jpg.php

This is a nice opportunity for you to hear how we Flemish people speak "Flengisch" ....

This video does not offer many new infos, but it is nicely packed. Best in 1080 HD and if you don't understand my compatriote, please use the undertitles.

Jan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links