Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Hybrid

cuius

Isn't it amazing how a different front can change the character of a car?

hybrid10.jpg

I'm curious to see how the red goes with the Hybrid look.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BassaJay

• Mister MMT

• timberwolf

• Yolina

Thank you Jan for your comprehensive coverage of the Hybrid Yaris

This model may well be my replacement car for when my New Verso S gets a few years older.......By then of course, Toyota may have a hybrid Verso S available....

Well, I'm grateful for your kind attention AND encouragement. :bookworm:

I also hope the Verso S will be hybridized. It uses the same platform as the Prius c and there's the same space underneath the non-sliding backseats. This can't be a coincidence. It would be better for my old bones and an excellent replacement for our 1996 Picnic 2.0 l Automatic. The problem may be it's built in Japan, and it could be much more expensive here.

From what I gather on PriusChat, the Prius c is amazingly well appreciated by the new owners now reporting by the tens.

AND, what is stunning, no one complains about the engine revving upon accelaration. It really looks like Toyota found a way to considerably reduce the disconnection between car and engine speed, as announced in the complete press release!

A thorough review of Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) measures has also increased the quietness of the HSD powertrain. Most notably, an excessive increase in engine rpm has been suppressed under acceleration, offering a more linear relationship between vehicle and engine speeds.

In Japan, the Aqua sells at more then double the forecast (> 23,000 in February against 12000 forecast), and T. cannot follow demand. This places it already 4th on the market. >32,000 Prius III sold during the same month...

Be prepared to get a storm of user reports here as soon as this car appears on the streets. It's difficult to imagine T. will only sell 20% of total Yaris as hybrids. At least not in markets with tax incentives, line in the UK, but even beyond.

As to me, still doubting between a used Prius 3 and a Yaris Hybrid. We'll see.

Cheers

Jan

hybrid10.jpg

Beware, Polo Blue Motion & CO. Here comes Darth Vader!

sc4-darth-vader-art.jpg

star-wars-episode-4.jpg

Original idea of SageBrush in PriusChat!

As rightly pointed out by usbseawolf2000 from PriusChat, the chief designer Akihiro 'Dezi' Nagaya did a great job.

The trapezoid lower grill, the lower bar, the daylight driving LED's and the keen look made a huge difference!

I ordered a black Yaris Hybrid yesterday... Delivery in July (hopefully)

Congrats. The first on this Forum!

I could order one at a great price for delivery from June 16th

Discussing it with my wife. Still reluctant buying a car without test driving it! Encouraging though are the many excellent user reports on PriusChat for the Prius c, and the unbelievable sales figures in Japan.

I think it's going to be a sales-hit. With long waiting lists after the delivery of the demo-cars in june. Not every color is immediately availabele btw, some in august/september (the Netherlands).

Based my decision on two test-drives, the 2011 Yaris 1.3 CVT and the Auris Hybrid.

Are you in the Netherlands? If yes, there will indeed be huge waiting lists there. I drove the Auris, liked the HSD, not the car.

Testing the 1,33 with CVT MDS is my top priority!

Why did you prefer the Yaris, besides for its price?

I wanted a slightly smaller car, the Auris is a fraction to big. The new Yaris is a little longer then the old one, now it's the perfect size for me. Lot's of space inside, fewer closed compartments though, orderded the console-box to get rid of the only "problem" I could find with the car. You've got more boot-space in the Yaris Hybrid then the Auris Hybrid (Battery placement).

The 3 hour test-drive with the 1.3 CVT Yaris was a blast. Drove at different roads at all speeds, pretty impressed with the gearbox. A bit noisy on kick-down, but acceptable. Pretty low revs at constant speed (1500-2000 rpm).

Thanks! It's going to be a long wait, and you'll not stay waiting alone a long time...

I just got an offer for a Yaris Hybrid Mid Grade level (called Life in Germany), with the Comfort Package and Red metallic for 15,990 Euro (13,375 £), all taxes and delivery charge included. This is 18% off the offical dealer price!

Without these extras, it costs 15190 Euro compared to the official price of 17,900 Euro (14,970 £).

It comes standard with:

Unique front bumper with aero grill

4 disk brakes

7 airbags (it lacks the front seat anti-dive ones)

dual zone automatic climate control

Height adjustable driver seat

Adjustable leather steering wheel with distant controls

Projector headlamps with LED Daytime Running Lights

Follow me home lights (headlight switch-off delay)

Rear LED lights

Electric coloured-keyed door mirrors

The Toyota Touch providing a colour touch screen control for the audio, MP3 / ipod and telephone.

It even converts to a rear-view camera to help whilst reversing into tight spaces.

It englobes the ECO-Drive-Monitor

Height Adjustable trunk bottom

Softtouch-Elements on the Dash and front doors

central door locking per key with distant control

no start button

It has steel wheels (15 in.), but I'll keep these for the winter tires and buy the Toyota Yaris 15 in. alloys for the summer tires.

The comfort package includes:

Keyless Smart-Start System (replaces the key in the standard version)

Cruise control with speed limit

Rear electric windows

Rain sensing wipers

Dusk sensing headlamps

Auto-dimming rear view mirrors

Jan

That's a prettty good bargain. No navigation system required?

No, I use my Nokia smartphone with free Maps. Is excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen white and black Yaris Hybrid on Toyota's web site. Are the other colours same on other Yaris models?

The UK website:

- Cirrus White

- Tyrol Silver

- Deep Aqua

- Eclipse Black

- Burning Red

- Glacier Pearl

- Decuma Grey

- Sintra Blue

Yaris Hybrid ordered! Delivery to Finland end of July at the moment. Went for the mid grade with touch & go. First hybrid, replacing very fuel efficient Aygo.

• 1 month later...

Hi - has anyone seen any performance figures with respect to 0-60 on the Yaris Hybrid - I have aYaris at the moment that I am looking to trade in and want to be sure that the new technology doesnt make it to sluggish and that if I want to put my foot down at times it responds like my Yaris auto I have

Was looking to order one soone

Thanks in advance

I don't think the specs have been published for the Yaris Hybrid yet.

I looked up a Yaris 1.33 Auto 5dr it has a 0-62 mph of 12.6 seconds. Hopefully, Toyota can do better than that with the Hybrid technology.

The Auris HSD has a 0-62 mph of 11.4 seconds.

The Prius Gen 3 has a 0-62 mph of 10.4 seconds.

The Prius Gen 2 has a 0-62 mph of 10.9 seconds. This surprised me, mine still beats an Auris HSD, I guess the Auris HSD is carrying a bit of excess weight, ROFL.

Why do people think hybrids are slow? It's that Clarkson spewing nonsense and they've swallowed it.

I burnt a surprised chap off this afternoon from a roundabout. A hybrid is almost like a turbo car in that it gets a kick or boost from the electric motors when you floor it.

Gozo, suggest you take the Yaris hybrid for a spin. Once you get used to the car non actually having gears - it sounds wrong at first and that by not having gears means the power is always there right upto 70 mph+.

Well like any car it depends how they're designed. The Tesla has ridiculous speed. But really, who cares? The legal limit is 70mph!

Torque is what makes a car fun to drive - Yes that crap 1.2L petrol Fiesta may have more HP than my ickle D4D but I have twice torque and unlike a petrol engine where it peaks, I get full torque between 2000 and 3000rpm! But with an electric motor it would be from 0 rpm to 10000 rpm!! :naughty:

Hopefully Toyota will start to make more resilient electric motors and they will be able to make that the prime mover instead of the petrol engine, or even have the petrol engine solely as a generator for extended range (At least until someone thinks up a better way to store electricity or better batteries!).

(Heh, imagine going into a 'petrol' station and instead of filling up with dead crushed sea creatures, you could goto the counter and say "Evenin', I'll 'ave 2 T-sized batteries for the car, and a pack of AA's for me MP9 player please mate!" :lol: What would be less fun is when they say, "That'll be £300 please!" due to inflation :unsure:)

Hopefully Toyota will start to make more resilient electric motors and they will be able to make that the prime mover instead of the petrol engine, or even have the petrol engine solely as a generator for extended range (At least until someone thinks up a better way to store electricity or better batteries!).

The electric motor in the gen3 Prius is more than upto the job of powering the car at speed, but the NiMh Battery isn't upto the job, or at least isnt if you want the Battery to last. My understanding is that the gen3 was to be originally a plug in or at least have that option buit in, but this was delayed for some reason. Perhaps they planned it to go with a Li-ion Battery originally but didn't go with it for some reason?

But I think anyone who has experienced the power of an electric motor and/or electric car, then they'll have a job going back to petrol or diesel engines. The instant torque is amazing.

Just got a message from the dealer, my Yaris Hybrid ETA to Finland is July 12th. Shouldn't take too long to get it from the dealer, I hope. Having driven once the previous Prius, can't wait to drive a hybrid!