Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sr180 37Mpg!

RichC

335d even more fun! And like a rocket with a Tunit box bolted on...

Why stop there? Double the price again and and go for...

M5 even more fun! :P ;)

Forget this diesel rubbish :lol:

Now we're talking! Big fun...Oh yes :eat::donatello:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daveyonthemove

• Auris sr 180

• Mistermena

• cabcurtains

A blown v8 amg what u want had one in to get repaired. What a car goes like a jet fighter plane

Or a v12 twin turbo s600 scarey fast

And almost as bad on fuel as a 180 Auris :D ;)

Or a v12 twin turbo s600 scarey fast

And almost as bad on fuel as a 180 Auris :D ;)

It done a healthy 8 mpg lol a brut on fuel

That is poor for diesel in truth its pointless owning a TOY diesel

Im sure a civic type r or many other hot hatches could acheive 30MPG

lol no way a type r is a thirsty beast I had one and you would be lucky to c 20 mpg my sr 180 would have loads more power and returns 43 mpg yous boys need to lay off the right foot a bit.why did yous buy A 2.2 180 bhp car if your after good miles per gallon . More power more fuel

well we got rid of the T180 last Feb due to poor mph and got a crz, but due to the birth of Lewis we had to get a bigger car so along came type r number 2 but this time we got the Fn2 were as we used to have an Ep3. What i will tell you is we used to average around 28-32mpg max and that was driving with a light foot and Toyota claimed all was ok. Now the type r is averaging 29-34mpg for the same driving in the same places but will tell you the type r would leave the T180 for dead and currently petrol is around 8ppl cheaper than diesel but mind you the suspension is hard in the type r and does make the Auris feel a good ride

No way the type r has the torque of a snail push the type r on c what mpg u get

Both engines were made for different purposes and run different fuel to serve that purpose.

Comparing the two is pointless, and will end in a 'petrol vs diesel' debate because it will always come down to figures on paper.

what about the turbo lag which is bad on the Auris, the crz would eat the T180 of the lights but mid gear would not touch the T180 but with the type r vs the T180 / Sr180 i think is best you let the 0-60 times do the speaking

what about the turbo lag which is bad on the Auris, the crz would eat the T180 of the lights but mid gear would not touch the T180 but with the type r vs the T180 / Sr180 i think is best you let the 0-60 times do the speaking

I think I'd just turn my Tunit box up to max level 9 and run the 220bhp and give it a run for its money :lol: :D :P

I think I'd just turn my Tunit box up to max level 9 and run the 220bhp and give it a run for its money :lol: :D :P

well said mistermena it's all about the torque u have not bhp I' had a ep3 type r with full dc sports exhaust cold air aem induction and all ive to say my Toyota with my speedbuster box fitted would take the hand out of type r or a crz

what do u do until the vtec comes in have a cup of tea lol

Go round again and still beat it! :batman::chair::clap::driving:

next lap with my eyes shut the vtec hasn't kicked in

Whoops I never intended to start a debate for a type r vs t180 etc

A good mate has a DC5 integra type r he saw my average trip computer reading 33.9MPG & laughed saying if he tried hard enough he could acheive 30MPG & that its abit of a let down for diesel which I can understand where he is coming from, hence why I said maybe a civic type r may be able to get 30 MPG as its a slightly detuned version of the DC5.

In terms of performance I think wel let the figures do the talking....

You cant beat a good 2 stage high cam kick up the back side... i.e 2ZZGE or K20Z

*reminisce good old days"

I MISS THE LIFT.

Dont care about who wins, these engines gives a unique experience, excellent fun :thumbsup:

You cant beat a good 2 stage high cam kick up the back side... i.e 2ZZGE or K20Z

I MISS THE LIFT.

Dont care about who wins, these engines gives a unique experience, excellent fun :thumbsup:

Couldn't agree more :clap::yes:

Really really let down with my SR180! Best I can get out of it is 37mpg! I should be getting low 40's.

Lacks power and generally bores me biggest mistake I ever made buying this! Car is on finance and will be going back in June, thank god!

My D-CAT Auris also does around 37 mpg. It's pretty good from such a large engine. A lot depends on your right foot.

With these impossible Diesel prices here in Hungary (450 HUF), I had to revise my driving style. My MPG raised from 34 to 37.6.

I MISS THE LIFT.

I second this for sure you just don't remember how good these are until you go back for another go, maybe you might find This an interesting read as for sure this is one hell of a very quick car.

I MISS THE LIFT.

I second this for sure you just don't remember how good these are until you go back for another go, maybe you might find This an interesting read as for sure this is one hell of a very quick car.

If you run her on red d you would get double your mpg with half price derv compaired to filling station prices

That is poor for diesel in truth its pointless owning a TOY diesel

Im sure a civic type r or many other hot hatches could acheive 30MPG

Hi

I recently bought a Toyota Auris 2.0 D-4D T Spirit and the car has really let me down. Toyota cannot make decent diesel engines. I mainly do motorway cruising speeds and I am only getting 38 mpg (according to the trip computer) but I have already done 220 miles (from a full tank) and the system is showing that I have a range of 115 miles left! Doesn't make sense to me.

With previously owning diesel Audi's and Golf's, I was averaging at least 48 mpg (43 if I really put my put down) and I am really upset by the performance of Toyota's diesel engines. No power until the turbo kicks in at just over 2,000 rpm. It's really life-threatening at a roundabout when I have to pull out quickly because if I mis-time the clutch/accelerator combination I get severe (and I mean severe) turbo lag.

Finally, I also did own a Civic Type-R (CTR) and I was achieving nearly 30 mpg but usually a lot less. Besides, unless you like thrashing the car and a really really sore a$$, I'd stay away from the CTR. Don't get me wrong, the engine is fantastic on this Honda but it's the ride quality that really let the car down.

One disappointed Toyota owner. :-(