Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

6 Cd Autochanger

Bearcat

At a guess, I would say no, since there would be little point in having a 6 disc mp3 CD player (unless you wanted to store literally thousands of songs). Additionally, standard car audio equipment is often some way behind the bleeding edge, well for Toyota anyway.

If you've got some money to burn and are after an MP3 compatable 6-Disc changer, have a word with ure local ICE store ( would say Halfords if i wasn't a disgruntled ex-employee) and get your hands on a sony unit + sounds on top lead that should allow any CD changer compatable toyota Head Unit to operate a sony Disc changer. If you do go down to halfrauds they'll try and give you a T69 unit + lead but it is not that changer you want, make sure they order the MP3 compatable unit.

Pete

At a guess, I would say no, since there would be little point in having a 6 disc mp3 CD player (unless you wanted to store literally thousands of songs). Additionally, standard car audio equipment is often some way behind the bleeding edge, well for Toyota anyway.

I fitted a Sony 10 disc mp3 changer in my mr2 haven't managed to fill it yet

would the hard drive head unit be cheaper than the MP3 changers, Im working on a wireless system for my car, but it only works upto 300metre(I can play track from my home PC, about 500gigs), in Preston they hava a wireless ISP, I could use that but it will only work in preston

I fitted a Sony 10 disc mp3 changer in my mr2 haven't managed to fill it yet

oh i'd love one, I hate having to lean forward and swap MP3 discs. I could do with some kind of sub too, the Livesound in my ST171 gives excellent mid and high range but practically no low range response.

got a 12" 600W Kenwood with box with a 220W amp, if you want it just name ur price

Until student loan day (19th of feb) I can't afford to put fuel in my car let alone buy anything, thanks for the offer tho :D

would the hard drive head unit be cheaper than the MP3 changers, Im working on a wireless system for my car, but it only works upto 300metre(I can play track from my home PC, about 500gigs), in Preston they hava a wireless ISP, I could use that but it will only work in preston

no hardiscs are still about 700-1500 quid! mp3 changers are approx 160-230

:thumbsup:

I'm sure I remember seeing a Kenwood MP3 Auto changer recently as well as the Sony one.

Kenwood also do something called the "music Keg" which is a hard drive which slots into a bay in the car and obviously stores MP3's to be played back through a compatible head-unit.

yes kenwood do

it has a little cradle it uses to plug into the PC aswell to load the tracks on

There are 2 possibilities that can be fitted in certain Toyotas with an adapter:

Sony CDX T70MX

Alpine CHA-S634

Both are 6CD MP3 changers. Check out the Audio forum here in TOC and look for a post from DUSAYES or myself. I haven't yet found the solution for my car, as I want something that integrates seamlessly into the existing stereo.

Dame: there are loads of people who'd love to have 6 (or more) CD's worth of music in their car. I am one. I do a load of miles, and having music makes it bearable.

have you ever considered an RF modulator unit Ian?

Yes and rejected it out of hand because:

lack of quality

lack of integration with existing system (need an additional screen to see track names and a remote to control it)

(Nice spoiler BTW :thumbsup:)

fair enough i do agree that a loss of quality can be more than expected but that depends on the OE head unit to be honest

and the alpine one has a very compact and neat little controller aswell

(cheers on the spoiler! :thumbsup: )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links