Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why! What! Changes Again!

eddieinvader

Not an improvement to the site n my opinion and not likely to encourage new members either.

I do appreciate the administrators may have had no choice possibly due to software upgrades, etc.

more adverts....

I've noticed that, is there an option to opt out if your a paid member ?

some people may care, others may not but if this doesn't get changed back to a better forum theme then i'm outta here. i simply cannot cope with this shocking colour scheme and layout. only just had managed to get use to the previous version.

whatever happened to if it ain't broke don't fix it? i mean seriously...?

I thought I was the only one til I saw this topic :lol:

It was clean simple before, just how I liked it

is there no way of getting hold of an administrator to get them to change it back?

This slow,hard to nav and is getting on T!ts tbh... Lets go back to the old site as it was! Clear,fast and easy to use! I'm spending less and less time on here now than b4 :mellow:

is there no way of getting hold of an administrator to get them to change it back?

I wish there were, but it appears to be a system-wide change. The TOC sites in the US and Australia have made the change too. They seem to be mostly happy about it in OZ, but the US site is still a ghost town from what I can tell.

This site is an effort to use now. On my laptop it's slow and the scrolling is laggy. On my much faster desktop machine, the scrolling is good, but the layout is totally knackered.

I now enjoy using this new theme in the same way I enjoy being shot in the face. Please change it back.

I'm not confident of a rollback;l Everyone said similar things about the last change too!

I run PHPBB3 on my NON COMPETING forum and I never have any issues with having to change the style.

I simply update the software and leave everything else as it should be.

KP

I wish there were, but it appears to be a system-wide change. The TOC sites in the US and Australia have made the change too. They seem to be mostly happy about it in OZ, but the US site is still a ghost town from what I can tell.

This site is an effort to use now. On my laptop it's slow and the scrolling is laggy. On my much faster desktop machine, the scrolling is good, but the layout is totally knackered.

we have a good community here and it'd be a shame to lose it over something as small as a theme change on the forum but i fear users may start jumping ship to other forums.

if the colour scheme stays as it is then after i've changed my car which may be in the near future i won't be coming back to visit...

Christ one thread is fully of happy people and the other thread full of non happy people.

I will answer a few questions

• The laggy parts will be fixed.. please bear with me I am looking in to it.
  • The are no more adverts than before, they are just in different positions
  • If people want to jump ship becaue its a different colour then that is really silly now.
  • The forum update was needed and the functions are still as before.
  • The right hand menu I am looking in to having a close feature.

Can you guys please be very constructive and list what you dont like instead of making comments like "I am not coming back" because thats not gonna help.

The colour is staying.

Pitty the colour is staying it's the worst part ! It's so drab and boring :giljotiini:

The previous colour scheme and theme was becoming manageable to us. We liked the colours enough despite being a little difficult to discern posts from each other initially.

The whole thing is laggy, not just parts of it - it has now become a real effort to scroll and browse.

Now because I have the coordination of a minced badger, I often overshoot the "Homepage Button". This wasn't so bad before but now when I do this the bloody screen comes up with the menu and I have to wiggle the mouse like a goon to get it to bugger off again.

People are going to leave if the theme isn't easy enough to handle. You stated that these changes were taking place to draw more people in - it works the other way too. People don't like it, people leave.

Can't really make it much more constructive, the change is simple, go back one notch! :lol:

KP

i agree with the above. also i'd like to add that i don't know what forum system this is using but what's wrong with good old phpBB? and it's simple clean themes?

It uses Invision Power Board - a great bit of software if not pricey, and I have considered the switch from PHPBB3 however with the way things are changing I doubt I will do it any time soon.

KP

Over on RAV4World we run Vbulletin, and give our members a choice between styles--you can choose a white theme or a blue theme that mimics our old phpBB software. We can even add more styles if we like. Give the members a choice!!