Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2ZZGE ECU re-mapping

Bobby

thank you Jake

lets wait and see what John has find about re-mapping our engine...

I can't wait to squeeze out 225BHP on normally aspirated...

besides it would be cheap... less than 1000 I think...

230BHP??? HOLY ****!!! thats a lot!!!

You are more lucky than me! because you live in Europe and in Europe the whole racing scene is BIG, and you guys have a lot of Pro. Tuners unlike where I live in central America theres nothing...!!!

So Jake, When Im going to be able to Re-map my ecu???

Wazzup Jake,

I just hope this whole Re-mapping thing doesn't end up being a FRAUD, and with this guys JB stealin our money...

because I cannot just send my ECU like that..., I need like proofs...

or some kinda warranty...

Hi Bobby,

read this http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/viewthr...ad.php?tid=1070 JB is a member here and works for Toyota, he's not doing the remapping, he wants his doing do, JB is a sound guy, no ones asking you to part with any money here, both i and JB will hopefully be getting are ecu's done at the same place, will post more when and if we do, but you will have to deal direct with the comapny that does them

ok mate :P

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys, dont forget me! Since I lost to that S2000 (I managed the perfect take-off, without the TRC of course, was two cars ahead when my second gear struck 8200, he was a car ahead when 3rd gear was over.. and he was alone in the car but I had a 100-kilo friend next to me.. I would've put up a better fight without him.. I should've kicked him out of the car!!), I've been looking forward to a re-map or something.. Please share any news!

Inform Me aswell!

this forum its kinda dead, people stop posting, and out of nowhere people just reappears...

damn, I hope this forum gets more active...!!!

• 3 months later...

So............. What has happened to this topic? I have just bought a 2004 Matrix XRS and would like to know if this ECU re-map is possible.

HI!!! hey any of you guys know where I can re-map my ecu?

I read about some guys re-mapping their ecu to 225BHP...

Keep me informed please!

225 is a bit much for a normaly asperated 1.8 ???? .... look at the audi 1.8 it only gets about that with forced induction

but ive found the CTS gets a bit extra with powerchips - http://www.autosport-fr.com/site_anglais/p...teforme_ang.htm

+13 hp

+14 torque

+15 Kmh

€ 460 or about £330

any one tryed it ????

losing to S2000 can be only solved by doin some force induction... that car is lighter, has more power and better torque curve... it should be faster than CTS by a long stretch

That car is not light at all. I have a customer that has an S2000 in our road racing championship here in Panama, the car weights 2700lbs and can weight in that class 2100lbs.

• 1 year later...

Hello Guys

Please most some information about the results of remapping your ECU's. I have a 2zz-ge and really want a bit more power, but I am unsre about remapping.

Later

Braddock

It can be done

the processing is known as 'flashing' the ECU, the term 'chipping' is an old one and not really accurate.

By legislation, all ECU must be reflashable to alter maps to get past emmision problems etc....they are also handy for ironing out software bugs etc.

I have seen a CTS get 'flashed' - it made no more than 10bhp.

In order to do this, you need a CAN-BUS interface, the flashing process is done via the OBDII port, and so removing the ECU is not required. The changes are NOT detectable by Toyota.

Nad

so the 220 bhp claims were bs

will you notice the differance ??

where can it be done in the uk and how much ??

Guys

I can do this around £200 a shot, but I would need around 10 people who want the re-map to justify buying in the MAP and CAN interface.

Nad

I would love to but Warrington is a long way north from the brighton area :(

so you would be able to make 199bhp ? would there be a noticable differance in the 0-100mph speed range or are we talking 0.001sec of the 0-60??

Please excuse my ignorance

• 5 months later...

Hey Nad

Where do you get the re map from?? and in what format does it come,

And does any1 know of any software mod to bring in the lift at lower revs, as this is also controlled by the ecu.

Thanks

dont know any software, but MoTeC or other similar aftermarket EMS should easily be able to handle this.

shame motec is expensive + fitting + professional Mapping!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links