Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.2 Mpg

shoney

My dad just traded his old avensis in and got hold of a very clean 59 plate avensis T4 wagon with the panoramic roof, heated leather seats etc it's a 2.2 147bhp auto. My question is, what mpg should he be looking at as he's currently getting 32mpg and he's driving like a granny!!!

Ouch!.... 32mpg for any car is awful! But for an oil burner!!!! You'll take a hit on the mpg because of the cold weather and the auto box, but still I'd be very unhappy to be getting that kinda milage. How many miles are on the clock? Air/fuel filer been changed?

Ouch!.... 32mpg for any car is awful! But for an oil burner!!!! You'll take a hit on the mpg because of the cold weather and the auto box, but still I'd be very unhappy to be getting that kinda milage. How many miles are on the clock? Air/fuel filer been changed?

It's done just short of 40000, mrT have just serviced it so the filters should be ok. Gonna check the EGR but if it don't get any better he's going to have a word with the dealer.

Mine is 10MPG off the official combined and so is that. Has it been on a run or just pootling about to get 32? Trip Computer been reset?

It's done just short of 40000, mrT have just serviced it so the filters should be ok. Gonna check the EGR but if it don't get any better he's going to have a word with the dealer.

A clean of the EGR would be a good start I recon. What fuel is he using? I'd give a good Italian tune up to! Have you thought about BG244? Its helped my mpg :fireman:

The computer has been reset and he's doing a 50 mile trip everyday on B roads with no stops, he did the same trip in my 2.0 D4D auris and got high 40s!!!

Looks like thats going to be way it is, TBF its been pretty cold over the last few days though, might get better as it warms up. Its never going to be great with the official combined only being 42MPG though.

I've got the 2.2 in TSpirit trim and I would agree with the poor mpg, I get around the same as what you have suggested (32-35mpg overall) and only a little more on a long run.

It's very disappointing to be honest, especially as I don't believe the 2.2 to be very quick or responsive in auto format either.

Mark

My dad just traded his old avensis in and got hold of a very clean 59 plate avensis T4 wagon with the panoramic roof, heated leather seats etc it's a 2.2 147bhp auto. My question is, what mpg should he be looking at as he's currently getting 32mpg and he's driving like a granny!!!

Mine is a manual saloon and after around 450 miles of 80% urban and 20% country roads type driving it is returning 42.8 mpg according to the computer which after several fill to fill tests is about spot on, this may drop a little during the recent cold spell. I do recommend the Italian tune up method which i do carry out every couple of weeks when the time and place permit. The EGR valve does seem to be the culprit in most cases of poor MPG so that's what I would check first.

Regards ..... Pete.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links