Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Quiet Parking Sensors

JayR T Sport

Hi Folks

picked up my T180 on Friday last week and so far fairly happy, need to clean out the egr at the weekend as i don't think it has ever been done but other than that it's been good, decent power and all the toy's i could ask for (Sat Nav, cruise etc)

any way my parking sensor's are really quiet as in if I turn on the heater anything past two I can't here them, so is there away to turn them up so that they will actually be useable.

thanks in advance

cheers

Jay

• 5 months later...

Hey man I have almost the same problem as you. I had the parking sensors installed when I bought the car and was working perfect…but 3 days ago I went the car for washing and now I can just hear them, they are very quiet. Have you found how to tern them up?

there isn't a volume control on the parking sensors, it depends on where the speaker has been placed within the car, if it's got quieter then maybe the speaker has been moved.

I had the dealer move the speaker which made it quite a bit louder.

the parking sensor module and the speker is located in boot, there should be an access panel that you would use to access the rear light cluster, within this you will find the speaker probably attached with velcro somewhere behind the panel.

hope this helps

Thanks man for your quick response. I'll have a look today.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you solve the problem with the quiet parking sensors? If so how?

Post #4 on this thread suggests the steering wheel volume controls can adjust the volume of the parking sensor beeping? http://www.toyotaown...howtopic=124503

Has anyone tried this to confirm if that is the case? Or has anyone found the dealer can adjust the volume?

Thanks.

• 8 years later...

I have just had rear parking sensors installed by our local Toyota dealer. The sound is very quiet and I had to turn the radio completely off to hear it in a quiet street. I would never hear it with other traffic passing. Going to check with the dealer because £350 is a bit much for something that doesn’t do the job.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links