Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Exhaust Giving Warning Lights, Help!

mikehudson

Hi guys, I've owned my 54 plate facelift Tsport for a month now and touch wood it's not given me any problems what so ever. I've just got round to my first mod which was a new exhaust and it's given me a bit of trouble.

I bought a brand new custom made Cat Back system from MIJ performance in Walsall. I went for the loudest option they give and it does sound like a beast.. very happy with the noise (maybe a little too loud but great fun)

I drove it a lot the night the afternoon I had it done and a lot the following day and at lunch time the following day my dashboard lit up like a christmas tree. Having found a nice empty long stretch of road I hit lift in 1st, 2nd and 3rd before calming back down to a normal pace which is when I realised that my dash was showing the ENGINE MANAGEMENT, TRC OFF and VSC lights lit up. They remained on after restarting the car etc so I decided to unplug the Battery and reset the ECU. The lights went away until the following day when they returned with a vengeance which was when climbing calmly through 2nd gear in town.

My friend plugged his reader into the car and checked the fault codes and said that the code was for some sort of sensor which he said was air flow related and was definitely caused by the exhaust but I can't remember what the code was exactly. He reckoned that to solve it I could do with a piggy back ECU but that sounds a little expensive and unnecessary to me..

If any one has experienced the same problem with installing a new non-restrictive cat back I'd be very grateful to hear how it was solved.

Cheers for reading,

Mike.

i would take the code reader and hit your friend over the head with it..lol

can you get the exact code....but as above prob due to the 02 sensor under the car

Yeah good idea, I'll see if he can tell me the exact code or plug it back in again and get it again.

If it does turn out to be that sensor, would it just be a case of replacing the sensor to solve the problem?

Since he reset the warning lights using his plug in thingy'm'jig the lights havnt actually come back on (that was a week or so ago now) but I'm asuming they will strike again given time so still gonna try and find the solution..

If it's the lambda they may have damaged it or simply dislodged it when you got your new system. Don't ask me where it is on the T-sport but, because I, quite frankly, don't have a clue. :P

Hmm makes sense I suppose! .. I think I'll look into that and see if it solves the problem..

As expected the lights are back in all their splendour so need to get on it and get it sorted really :(