Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Door Auto Locking System?

Auris2010

hello!

can the auris be programmed to have a door auto locking system?

when you switch on your engine it automatically lock and when off, it unlocks?

has anyone tried it?

if possible can someone post the steps to do it?

thanks!

Maybe you should tell us exactly what your required function is?

With your plan, assume that you have just turned off the engine and leave the car. Will you now leave the car unlocked, or will you need an override to enable the remote to lock the car? To enable the alarm, you need to use the remote to lock it. Unless there is no need to lock the car or for the alarm to be set!!!

Are you trying to emulate what many European cars do and lock the doors when the car is moving more than 10kph?

Does not look a simple mod.

Good luck

@daveyonthemove and krait, thanks for the reply, i just thought somebody has done it coz looking at the toyota technical site it can be programmed to an auris fitted with TVSS. but tried it but no success, just thought someone has any luck doing it.. anyway still like the auris..

Alarm and Immobiliser?

I thought most of the range had it, I'm sure mine does as recent hailstones set my alarm off.

I don't see the attraction of having automatic locking. I don't have it in my car and its not a feature I would look specially for in my next car. If someone wants automatic locking as a security feature, would it not be better to just press the buttom that locks all the door as soon as you get into the car, instead of waiting for the car to lock itself at 10mph.

Yes. Thats what i think that all of the range is fitted with it. I think this feature is not on

By default.

I don't see the attraction of having automatic locking. I don't have it in my car and its not a feature I would look specially for in my next car. If someone wants automatic locking as a security feature, would it not be better to just press the buttom that locks all the door as soon as you get into the car, instead of waiting for the car to lock itself at 10mph.

Its not for everyone, which is why it can normally be turned on or off to suit the driver.

I like it for two reasons.

1) If my wife is using my car I have peace of mind knowing that she is secure and less likely to be a victim of car jacking.

2) I followed an expensive looking car out of a car park one day, and as the driver was putting the ticket into the exit barrier, some scumbag walked up to the boot, opened it , and helped himself to most of the contents.

It's a good security feature that alot of high end alarm systems used to have, and if you are involved in an accident, the doors unlock so you can be pulled from the car.

I know it is easy to lock the doors yourself, but it's also easy to forget to do that too, and having them lock at 10KPH (6mph) is handy if you like that feature.

Its not for everyone, which is why it can normally be turned on or off to suit the driver.

I like it for two reasons.

1) If my wife is using my car I have peace of mind knowing that she is secure and less likely to be a victim of car jacking.

2) I followed an expensive looking car out of a car park one day, and as the driver was putting the ticket into the exit barrier, some scumbag walked up to the boot, opened it , and helped himself to most of the contents.

It's a good security feature that alot of high end alarm systems used to have, and if you are involved in an accident, the doors unlock so you can be pulled from the car.

I know it is easy to lock the doors yourself, but it's also easy to forget to do that too, and having them lock at 10KPH (6mph) is handy if you like that feature.

If I'm in the car alone I press the button to lock the doors (and boot) as soon as I get in, so I'm safe from carjackers before I even switch the engine on. After all, they could try to steal a car before you even get a chance to drive off.

The reason I said I wouldn't really want it, is not fear of being stuck locked in if there was an accident, its just that I always lock the doors when I get in so I don't need it. I think once you become aware of the possibility of carjacking, you get into the habit of locking the doors.

There is a feature on my auris that auto locks once i have left the vehicle after a good 10-20 seconds.

But there is a easier solution, just get into the habit of locking your car once you get in, 1 button, quick solution and inexpensive.

That feature is on every auris. 😊 i know that automatic door locking is not for everyone but it would have been nice if this feature is available, isnt it?

I don't mind pressing a button to lock the car every time I get in, I do however mind that if I were carrying passengers in the car and they get out before me, when they go to pull on their door handle their door doesn't unlock and open - it remains locked. Only the drivers door unlocks and opens at a pull of the internal door handle.

Getting into the habit of locking the cars doors when you've entered the vehicle is a good thing.

However, I too was puzzled to find out that only the driver's side door unlocks at the pull of the door handle if the car had been locked using the locking switch.

Silly question, have you asked a Toyota dealer if it's a programmable feature?

It's on the current Verso as a programmable feature via the dealer

I dont think its a silly question,thats why there is a forum like this so you can ask opinion of others and we are talking about auris not the verso!

As the 3 door Auris and the Verso are built in the same factory in Turkey, it would be far to say that they share a lot of components under their skin. Hence my question... :unsure:

I don't think Auris has got this feature, programmable or not; for those who really need this characteristic I advise them to buy and fit an alarm system that has this kind of feature...

There is another aspect to this desirable (IMO) feature that has not been aired.

Cars with child locks in the rear doors have little switches to operate the child locks.Very often, while cleaning the car, it is very easy to move this switch to the OFF position when drying out the door. This leaves the child unprotected and vulnerable.

The auto locking feature will act as a failsafe for the childlocks.

As someone mentioned in an earlier post, the only drawback of the auto is when you stop casually to let someone out or someone in. You have to remember to release the lock or they will be struggling to operate the door.

Just an observation guys.

Well if its possible or not I don't know I asked both a dealer and Toyota Europe and the answer was no. Toyota Europe even gave a solution for this which was to buy their alarm system.

If they are both liying or unware of this I have no idea.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links