Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Place To Get My Pads Changed?

wangtastic

Afternoon! :)

I have an 'orrible squealing noise coming from the rear when I brake and my pads do indeed look to be gone :(

I have new pads at home but do not have the necessaries tools or time atm to fit (moving house).

Where's the cheapest place to get them fitted do you reckon?

I hear Kwik Fit only change pads and discs together so that's out, perhaps just a local garage?

also are the front pads the same as the back?

as the company accidentally sent me two sets of pads and said I could keep the others as spare! :D

if they're the same I might as well get the front done too.

(I drive a 52 Plate PFL for those who don't know)

Hey,

Well in the time you spend phoning round to find a place that will just do the labour only, then drive down there ,wait and return you could have changed the rear pads twice over - its only an hours job ot worst, no special tools needed - see pics of doing it in the stickys.

The rear pads are different from the front - also physically check the new pads you have are exactly like the ones on your car, there are a few differnt sizes around in the corolla range.

You don't mention the disc thickness, have you measured them, partic if they seem to have shoulder worn in them around the edges

I took mine to my local garage (he does mainly mots and small jobs) cost me £40 for changing all discs and pads front and rear.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links