Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Plesae Help Hilux Limp Mode

steveo.123

toyota hiluxt 02 plate d4d 2.5l common rail injection, the engine management light comes on and puts the truck into limp mode when the revs are low, when I'm slow moving , took it to toyota came up with fault code p1226, was told to replace main pump, but at £1000 plus vat . i need to be sure, anyone come across this problem before. so far i have cleaned the scv,replaced filters, drained and flushed out tank not sure what to try next.

toyota hiluxt 02 plate d4d 2.5l common rail injection, the engine management light comes on and puts the truck into limp mode when the revs are low, when I'm slow moving , took it to toyota came up with fault code p1226, was told to replace main pump, but at £1000 plus vat . i need to be sure, anyone come across this problem before. so far i have cleaned the scv,replaced filters, drained and flushed out tank not sure what to try next.

I`d have guessed the EGR/MAF but ask the lads on here Steve

http://www.hpoc.co.uk/community/

thanks dave, im sure someone must have hade this prob before, toyota uk are not very helpfull, seems to me thay just want to take yer money.

thanks dave, im sure someone must have hade this prob before, toyota uk are not very helpfull, seems to me thay just want to take yer money.

Thats what they`re in business for bud, money,money,money !

I love it as well :gora:

• 1 month later...

update on my hilux , turns out that one of the injectors was shot and the other three were on there way out, so was addvised to renew all four , at a cost £2300 . should get her back wednesday, bennetts of watford ,top blokes

• 2 weeks later...

= = = = = = = = =

i am surprised with such verdict :)

- you have cleanned SCV ---- whether they were dirty ??? Have you measured their solenoid coils resistance???

A bit of theory ---- each SCV is normally closed valve -- and in order to be open each valve solenoid is under voltage leading to constant heating and in summer --overheating. the life time of each one is like human's - diferent. When coil wire is close to be burnt out - the lifting force becomes less closing diesel entry hole and sometime pulsating. The limp mode is sometimes function from SCV performance.

- as to filter replacing --- i am sure you ve assembled it correctly giving no chance for an air to be inside;

- EGR -- have it opened and inspect whether it is full of carbon deposits --clean it and be sure it is flexible and not stuck open.

(all trucks are equipped with hill brake meaning the similar solenoid valve passes an exhaust gases inside the engiine and stalling it leading to brake the truck and safe braking pads from fast wearing. THe same effect might be available in your case.

You should be very carefulll and feel what goes wrong .....

Cheers/Igor

• 10 years later...

did you ever find the problem? my hilux is doing the exact same thing and also is giving me the same fault code. many thanks fr any help!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links