Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cental Locking Prob

Logie

Ok I done a search but didin't seem to find anyone with this same problem. My central locking has stopped working over night. Normally everything works fine using the fob ie it unlocks and the alarm disenguages at the same time bit this morning the alarm deactivated as normal but the vehicle remained locked so i had to use the key in the door lock to gain entry but it only unlocked the drivers door not all the rest as it should. The immobiliser works fine still so i can still drive it but its a nuisance walking around the car locking and unlocking all the doors, the interior central lock button on the inside of the drivers door wont lock the doors either. Ive looked in the owners manual top see if there was a fuse for this but there doesn't seem to be one, also its only been a few months since i changed the Battery in the fob so i dont think its that either. Could anyone throw some light on this before I go nuts and spend lots of money getting someone else to fix it. Many thanks

ok ive done a bit more research via google and i read it could be the "DOME" fuse? its located in the fuse box in the engine bay next to the Battery. Does this sound right to anyone?

Dome is Sunroof I think.

yeah sorry its a 4.1 (1999 5 door) and yes the interior light is working so is the electric windows and sun/moon roof. all of which share the same fuse number 36. ANY other suggestions are welcomed and needed please.

well today its working fine so i think it was moisture building up inside the drivers door causing this problem. the car is sitting in direct sunlight and is warm so i think this has caused the water to evaporate. Happy days. i'll take off the door card and spray some waxoil in there

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links