Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nightmare.......... A Complaint...

CharlieFarlie

Almost every time I try to log onto this site I get the following ........

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.toyotaownersclub.com

Suggestions:

• Try reloading the page
  • Search on Google:

This is just becoming a joke.. Then after typing sometimes long replies to a question posed by another Member or perhaps another post the system crashes and loses the lot......

I would suggest someone takes a look or Members such as I will not bother....

The colour of the backgrounds i s almost intolerable. The whole site is now and I'm very sorry to say this becoming unusable.....

Anyone else ?? Please add Your names below to the list AND PERHAPS SOMEONE WILL LISTEN ??????????????????????????????????????????????

The UNHAPPY list..

CharlieFarlie.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jedi134

• CharlieFarlie

• Red Yaris 54

• Hoovie

I would say the main problem is your using chrome.. Firefox all the way :)

Its also carp for viewing on a mobile now. the old site resized to my phones screen size!

I too find the site too high contrast to be pleasant. I also have no idea what topics have new posts.

I do like that it now emails you the text of a thread reply.

Chrome is not the issue and Firefox is way too slow and bloated these days, which shows up in the fact Chrome has overtaken FF in the browser downloads.

I wish people would stop putting in comments such as "It must be Google Chrome", or "Upgrade to Windows 7 and get 8GB RAM".

That does not address the site appearance, which is one of the biggest issues.

Also, any site like this should be able to work with any popular browser. Ok, people how their own favourites but so what, doesn't mean other options are invalid.

And it should work with types of hardware commonly found - and that means working with smartphones and tablets nowadays. What is remarkable and quite unbelievable is that there USED to be great support for those devices UNTIL the change. Backwards steps in all respects.

This is just becoming a joke.. Then after typing sometimes long replies to a question posed by another Member or perhaps another post the system crashes and loses the lot......

I would suggest someone takes a look or Members such as I will not bother....

The colour of the backgrounds i s almost intolerable. The whole site is now and I'm very sorry to say this becoming unusable.....

Anyone else ?? Please add Your names below to the list AND PERHAPS SOMEONE WILL LISTEN ??????????????????????????????????????????????

The UNHAPPY list..

CharlieFarlie.

Hoovie

I would say the main problem is your using chrome.. Firefox all the way :)

I've tried Firefox and IE 8 no change .......................

Also why does NO other Forum give these problems ??

The way I see it is simple either Someone does something about it or Members will simply not come onto the Forum.. Now whether they are subscribers or non subscribers makes little difference.. Advertisers will examine how many hits / visitors or Bus stops I believe they call them a Forum has.. This will determine whether they place adverts here or choose elsewhere..

It also has a bearing on whether those who actually put their hands in their pockets each Year to give Yes a small amount or NOT ????

All this talk of this or that browser is nonsense. Many are struggling not only with logging in or out but with this frankly !Removed! awful new layout........

The UNHAPPY list..

CharlieFarlie.

Hoovie

Mistermena.

Dominic Priestley

DaveM

Rambler

I'll put my name on the list as I think this revamped forum look is awful and so slow that I go make myself a brew waiting for the page to load up!!!...

I'll put my name on the list as I think this revamped forum look is awful and so slow that I go make myself a brew waiting for the page to load up!!!...

Done it for Ya Mate... Blimey I dont arf look after You dont I ?..... :D

Done it for Ya Mate... Blimey I dont arf look after You dont I ?..... :D

You're a Diamond my mate! :D :P :yes:

Wht not start this as a poll? Then members could see how many of the members like/dis-like it? And maybe that way Steve can see how the members that keep this site alive feel? :doctor:

Have to admit,i can read the posts ( appears dark grey on white to me ) , no trouble,even with a beat up old pc like mine..but the scrolling is bad and whilst typing here i've lost curser 3 times in last minute or so, and we only seem to be loseing members..not good.

So for the sake of all our unhappy members.....count me in please.

Biggest gripe for me as I'm using a netbook, is the total waste of space down the

right hand side which makes the viewable text area very small.So you can add my

name as well Charlie. :thumbsup:

Charlie have you tried clearing all cookies/cache sometimes the format changes and with all the new settings, this may be messing with existing old files on your pc.

I would try clearing all your history first, see if that helps.

I'm having problems with my ZX81? I've stoked the fire and added some coal, what next?

I will bring this up in the house of lords Monday morning.

All those in favour!

Here! Here! :-)

• add my name charlie please.
  • And mine pls, Small Charles. I'm not having the problems that some of you are but the scrolling is jerky (sometimes freezes) and the general feel of the site is worse than the "old" edition. It certainly hasn't been devloped fully prior to launch.

I have no problems with it, logging on OK posting is in the lap of the Gods!!!!, i totally agree with Dave M regarding the right hand side of the page ( complete waste of space) I use Windows 7 on my laptop so an reasonably up to date.

The question is will Steve and the higher arcy of the forum take heed, I don,t think so. Funny thing is on nearly every Toyota forum on here nearly everybody has questioned the wisdom of the change.

Put me down as not happy Charlie, but I will always be on the forum.

Lets see if this gets double posted!!!!

Regards Clare

Just as a footnote, if you ever go on to Rav4World, that is diabolical!!!!!! When Kelly ran the show it was very good, i was weaned on their before I discovered TOC. As soon as Autoguides started to run the show it,s format changed and I for did not like it. ( I,ll incure the roth of Junebug now but who cares). I not sticking up for TOC, they have really not done enough reseach on this format but I think once the gremlins are sused out it will be OK. There you go I,m in full throttle now!!!! and I was up at 4.30 am this morning getting ready for my other job , lifes a !Removed!!!!!

Regards a Sleepy Clare

i'm in , thought it was me computer, keeps scrolling past where i want to be dammit

tony

The site is ok-ish for me when i'm using GC,but as soon as i go back to IE it is slow and jerky still.

But the very pale grey coloured text on the white background is my main concern which i did point out when it was first revamped as have a few others.

So for that reason you can add my name Charlie.

Does anyone know what is going on behind the scenes,any updates as to what is going on??

I've copied below Steve's message on the main forum with regard to the revisions of the whole schbang.

Rather than us all whingeing on here, me included, perhaps it would be best to e-mail Steve direct with concerns, suggestions etc.

Quote:

Dear Club Members,

As a majority of you may have noticed that we have undergone a big change on the forums and website.

The change of website look and feel is part of a plan to enhance the clubs throughout and adding more exciting features to the club and keep you guys engaged with the community. The forum is just a start of the process and over the next coming months new things will start to appear on the website which will in turn enhance the new template. Tere will also be many asthetic tweaks coming too.

As the new template of the site is rather new, there are still few few things that need fixing. I have been over pages over and over to get things ironed out but it can take quite a while to get it all looking perfect. So please bear with me on this.

As members of the club it would be great for some constructive feedback from you guys, report any problems and suggest some ideas. If you could take time to send me an email with anything you think may help the site.

Please remember, screenshots are very helpful if you have layout issues or be descriptive as possible.

Email me at clubmember.feedback@gmail.com

Thanks for your time and enjoy the new site.

I think the issue is more fundamental TBH.

If Steve wants to gradually 'tweak' the site then by the time those are in place there will be a lot less members to enjoy whatever those great new features are!

I would LOVE to provide constructive criticism and feedback, but .... and this is a very sad thing to say .... I really am at a loss to think of ANYTHING good to have come from this 'upgrade' :(

Charlie have you tried clearing all cookies/cache sometimes the format changes and with all the new settings, this may be messing with existing old files on your pc.

I would try clearing all your history first, see if that helps.

Well I could Mate but that wont alter the layout or help any of the others ? My history auto deletes anyway Mate...

The UNHAPPY list..

CharlieFarlie.

Hoovie

Mistermena.

Dominic Priestley

DaveM

Rambler

Roger37

Atkiman

Manxrav

Firemac

Paulus17