Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nightmare.......... A Complaint...

CharlieFarlie

Rather than us all whingeing on here, me included, perhaps it would be best to e-mail Steve direct with concerns, suggestions etc.

David,. This subject has come up many times since the changes took place.. Many Myself included have either stopped posting have slowed down consideraby

I am trying to draw attention to this and not having a whinge..

Many are very unhappy and I believe will abandon the Forum a few have threatened to do this already..

This will /would be a shame and detrimental to the Forum overall..

If it takes a whinge then so be it......

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jedi134

• CharlieFarlie

• Red Yaris 54

• Hoovie

Yes Charlie but my point is that Steve can't possibly have time to trawl all the various posts across the forums in the club to guage opinion so just e-mail him directly with concerns/suggestions.

I've just done so......................

The trouble is that nobady likes change. We get used to something then we are given something new and it takes time to get used to it. I personally don't mind the new look and I sure as hell wouldn't like the job of sorting it out.

None of us likes to wait but I'm not about to make a fuss and I'm grateful to Steve for trying to sort us out with one of the most modern forum images that is packed with features. Some forums don't let you add files and adding photos is a nightmare.

It will get sorted out.

personally i find it works ok for me although i find it a little pale. I dont post a lot but usually short when i do, i have found no issues when posting and the forum runs smooth for me as it always has. maybe the new look is putting more stress on some processors or certain browser issues. i use firefox myself

The trouble is that nobady likes change. We get used to something then we are given something new and it takes time to get used to it.
This. Always when a forum changes people complain. I just wish it wasn't so aggressive on the eyes and wasteful of space.

OK folks, here's the reply I've just received from Steve:

Hi David

Thanks so much for the feedback.

Most of the problems you have have been listed to sort out next week. We do realise there are issues and as the skin we used is bespoke this is why we have a few teething issues.

On the Jerky Scrolling can you tell me if this is only on the actual post pages and not the main forum categories? My system renders fast so its hard for me to see where the Jerky pages are. So if you guys can help me and explain where you suffer with this (post a url of the pages)

The slow performance is down to a server issue we are having, this will be fixed when we do some optimisation in the week.

Double posting is due to the quick reply box not reloading, I have logged this and will get the software company to come up with a solution.

If you could reassure the guys a lot of those issues are trying to be resolved and are being fixed.

What part of the design do you dislike the most?

if i have any other questions may i come and ask you?

regards

Steve

Toyota OC

As Don says, Steve has a thankless task and, like Don, I wouldn't want to be the one sorting out the issues.

Add me to the list too, mobile viewing is now a horror, and the site lags so much on my netbook. the only ok experience is on my desktop pc. Not happy!!

Just as a footnote, if you ever go on to Rav4World, that is diabolical!!!!!! When Kelly ran the show it was very good, i was weaned on their before I discovered TOC. As soon as Autoguides started to run the show it,s format changed and I for did not like it. ( I,ll incure the roth of Junebug now but who cares).

Clare, don't worry, you won't "incure the roth" or even incur the wrath of Junebug, because I haven't any. I hated the R4W facelift, (still do in fact), and much preferred the phpBB system, but Kelly sold out to autoguide and that was that. I believe Kelly later regretted selling out and eventually resigned as admin.

Likewise, I hate this new TOC facelift, but as I stated before, they did the same thing to the TOC Australia and US sites, so the chances of them rolling back only this site are nil.

Charlie, please add me to the list of unhappy campers!

The UNHAPPY list..

CharlieFarlie.

Hoovie

Mistermena.

Dominic Priestley

DaveM

Rambler

Roger37

Atkiman

Manxrav

Firemac

Paulus17

Junebug1701

Phil1985

Freestyle

Yep Lexus site has same layout

I like it I don't know what your all crying about. I have no speed issues across 3 different devices using 3 different platforms?

Infact today on my phone this site if flying.......surley that would suggest a problem with your pcs, as if the problems were forum specific every one would be suffering the same problems?

I love the new site :-)

ekoj a ton si siht ON dna///snoitseggus ynA....drawkcab lla enog evah i ees nac uoy sa tub ylper a tghir ot gniog sawi

I think it is the most modern looking forum I have seen and look forward to the bugs being eliminated.

Stew. That wasn't pipe tobacco that punter gave you ^_^

I think it is the most modern looking forum I have seen and look forward to the bugs being eliminated.

Stew. That wasn't pipe tobacco that punter gave you ^_^

No I was not trying to be funny, every now and then my computer writes backward and if i click on reply my cursor runs backward thru the whole script, turning my PC off and re-starting (as i have just done) clears the problem, just wondered if anyone knew why it does It... :help2: Stew

Stew that was a classic backwards post!!!!! Me being half Chinese could read it straight away. Now thats got you thinking?

Regards Eralc

Just as a footnote, if you ever go on to Rav4World, that is diabolical!!!!!! When Kelly ran the show it was very good, i was weaned on their before I discovered TOC. As soon as Autoguides started to run the show it,s format changed and I for did not like it. ( I,ll incure the roth of Junebug now but who cares).

Clare, don't worry, you won't "incure the roth" or even incur the wrath of Junebug, because I haven't any. I hated the R4W facelift, (still do in fact), and much preferred the phpBB system, but Kelly sold out to autoguide and that was that. I believe Kelly later regretted selling out and eventually resigned as admin.

Ref RAV4World, I must admit I don't mind that layout at all - I missed out on the change as didn't visit for, oh, 18 months or so while not a RAV4 owner, but it looks the same in structure so not sure what changed there layout wise? What I do see there is a decent speed in navigation, and just about 100% of the screen real estate devoted to the user (which is a key thing as you go down in size)

If this TOC layout has already been put into place in Oz and the US and on the Lexus site, how come there are various tweaks or whatever needed to improve things - what is needed should already be know. And why ask for suggestions if the layout is already tried and tested(?!).

Maybe Yedi did all the user testing with his amazing PCs that no one else has, so he does.

I'll stick to sites that don't **** me off every time I try and use them I think from now on.

I like it I don't know what your all crying about. I have no speed issues across 3 different devices using 3 different platforms?

Infact today on my phone this site if flying.......surley that would suggest a problem with your pcs, as if the problems were forum specific every one would be suffering the same problems?

I also have no real problems with the site......It works well on my laptop, my IPad , my IPod and my phone

Must agree with the above that some of the"Unhappy" brigade may have issues with their computers.......Steve has requested that those with problems send an email with screen shots highlighting your concerns

Ref RAV4World, I must admit I don't mind that layout at all - I missed out on the change as didn't visit for, oh, 18 months or so while not a RAV4 owner, but it looks the same in structure so not sure what changed there layout wise? What I do see there is a decent speed in navigation, and just about 100% of the screen real estate devoted to the user (which is a key thing as you go down in size)

If this TOC layout has already been put into place in Oz and the US and on the Lexus site, how come there are various tweaks or whatever needed to improve things - what is needed should already be know. And why ask for suggestions if the layout is already tried and tested(?!).

Maybe Yedi did all the user testing with his amazing PCs that no one else has, so he does.

I'll stick to sites that don't **** me off every time I try and use them I think from now on.

I hope that last paragraph does not mean what it says ...

Me? Well I will be around but once in a while now and not often... Sorry I just find this layout very hard to use and am having severe difficulties logging in....

Many have complained. No real answers have been given. I had hoped that just for once those that run the site might have listened to the majority. Obviously not.

Charlie, for someone such as yourself a frequent user, rightly or wrongly i never log out, so don't have the problem of logging in, also increasing the zoom level to125% makes things a whole lot clearer...Stew

I hate the grey writing on white - please add me to the unhappy list

David

Well i have just made a couple of posts in my Mudflap post using IE and it was really slow for me.Very frustrating.

But i have gone back to GC now and it is running pretty quick now for me on here.

I am no puter genious,far from it,but someone told me to do this when a change happened on another forum i used to go on and it worked there as well.I also tried Firefox but that was even worse for me??

So why should it work with one systyem and not another i haven't a clue. :huh:

I recently upgraded my laptop for business purposes to Windows 7 & some supercharged processor or other that I don't pretend to understand, nor do I really care, as long as it works! There have been noticeable improvements since to things like log-on speeds, scrolling, etc. on all sites & files, including the old TOC site.

However, this new site bucks all those trends. Whilst there is no particular issue logging-on, once in the site, performance is crap. Scrolling is slow, seems out of synch & then is jerky as hell.

Young jedi134 (by the way what happened to the first 133 incarnations?) may have got his PC from NASA but my boggo business laptop, which works wonderfully everywhere else, just cannot cope completely with the new layout. In my humble & admittedly PC-illiterate opinion SOMETHING IS FRIGGING WRONG!!!!!!!

Me? Well I will be around but once in a while now and not often... Sorry I just find this layout very hard to use and am having severe difficulties logging in....

Many have complained. No real answers have been given. I had hoped that just for once those that run the site might have listened to the majority. Obviously not.

Charlie, Have you sent your email to Steve yet?

He has requested URL screenshots where users such as yourself appear to have problems

Steve has not the time to trawl through the forum looking for complaints.....So please get your email off to him!

Charlie, Have you sent your email to Steve yet?

He has requested URL screenshots where users such as yourself appear to have problems

Steve has not the time to trawl through the forum looking for complaints.....So please get your email off to him!

I understand your point, Red. Nevertheless do you think that someone "in authority" (or even in the "hire arcy") on this illustrious site could take a few minutes to post a general comment explaining why it was necessary to frig around with what was a quite satisfactory layout?

The rest of us might then feel inclined to persevere with the forum. Bear in mind not all of us have the time either to send various URL samples to Steve........

I recently upgraded my laptop for business purposes to Windows 7 & some supercharged processor or other that I don't pretend to understand, nor do I really care, as long as it works! There have been noticeable improvements since to things like log-on speeds, scrolling, etc. on all sites & files, including the old TOC site.

However, this new site bucks all those trends. Whilst there is no particular issue logging-on, once in the site, performance is crap. Scrolling is slow, seems out of synch & then is jerky as hell.

Young jedi134 (by the way what happened to the first 133 incarnations?) may have got his PC from NASA but my boggo business laptop, which works wonderfully everywhere else, just cannot cope completely with the new layout. In my humble & admittedly PC-illiterate opinion SOMETHING IS FRIGGING WRONG!!!!!!!

My laptop is a top end Sony Vaio. the desktop I have was built by a Mate who is a really clever computer boffin. OK the weak-point of all this fancy dan kit is Me.....

How many times does it have to be said that I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS WITH ANY OTHER SITE... This has been said by many others.. We are only having problems with just this site and NO others...

The colour of the background both on open Forum and this white on black background play hell on My eyes..

The refusal of the page loading has been with Us for absolutely ages now but since the change it has got far far worse...

I'm sick of moaning about this so this is the last comment on this thread...

Many have complained !

Someone asked last week why the Forum had gone quiet and the reply s came thick and fast...

Local Hero was going to throw in the towel... Hoovie says He is about too.... There is a list above of those Who are struggling which is the majority by a mile....

I have no Idea who Steve is or how to Email Him. Its here for Him and everyone to see including the Moderators who surely should voice the opinions and any problems that arise on Forum..

As I see it its not difficult. Either something gets done about this very unpopular change or Members will either walk or like Me be less inclined to contribute or post.

We have a fairly tight or should I say close community of Folk on here. Ranging from those that no absolutely Sod all about anything to do with cars.. From those with HUGE knowledge ... Electronics ? Step forward and take a bow SCHM... Mechanics ? The Anchorman... Wit and Fun ?? Big Kev..... Our treasure from the Isle of Man... Claire. DavRav for finding just about anything ont tinterweb. ect ect ect.

Everyone contribute in a big way whether they have knowledge or not .. IT IS a !Removed! good forum and I hope it stays that way..

That is why I started this thread. In the hope that Members would not bugger of elsewhere when they loose patience here...

I am a mere Member here nothing more nothing less. Its up to You Guys at the top to sort this one and protect the forum....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links