Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nightmare.......... A Complaint...

CharlieFarlie

I recently changed internet provider and they have given me a whizzy router. I can get in excess of 10Mb/s even at peak times. However, my laptop working wirelessly is a pain at the moment. I like to see things moving but when ones and zeros start flying about I'm hopeless. I think that some of my problem is that the anti virus software fights with these pop up adverts and I've made things better by turning off the pop up blocker and pressing the compatibility view button.

The forum seems to be better on my desk top but I have to wait a long time sometimes for the laptop. I have also lost a few posts with the messages you cited at the beginning of this thread.

I had a similar experience with the Kia forum and somebody tweeked it to make it very fast. Steve has a problem with the server which he says he can fix. I think we might be able to change background colours eventually in "my settings" as I have heard it can be difficult to see from others.

Don't worry Charlie, I'm sure Steve knows it won't be tolerated but I guess he is having the weekend off.

I don't even know what a server looks like - is it a big thing?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jedi134

• CharlieFarlie

• Red Yaris 54

• Hoovie

Please add my name to the list, not liking the new layout on either my netbook or tablet

I've just changed my browser to firefox as I was so fed up with the windows browser. Websites kept needing to be refreshed/restored over the last few days. I tried everything, scanned and no viruses found, restarted the computer, tried a few other things but it was still the same :huh: . So I decided to try the firefox, its going ok so far but I'm only after installing it a while ago :rolleyes: .

As for any problems with the forum, I think black letters on a white background would be better than grey letters which are a bit pale and hard for many people to see . Others have been having more problems with the new layout than me but I think the points which have been raised by members do need to be fixed. So add my name to the list Charlie.

The UNHAPPY list..

CharlieFarlie.

Hoovie

Mistermena.

Dominic Priestley

DaveM

Rambler

Roger37

Atkiman

Manxrav

Firemac

Paulus17

Junebug1701

Phil1985

Freestyle

Lorna2

Hav`nt posted for a while,although I regularly look in to see what`s happening.Am of the opinion that if it aint broke,it dont need fixin`.I`m running Firefox on a single core processor PC.This revamped forum logs on & runs no probs.But I do not like it.Wasted space & terrible use of text contrast.Previous posts are hardly readable,almost ghosted out.Not a happy Lizard.

Yep Lexus site has same layout

I like it I don't know what your all crying about. I have no speed issues across 3 different devices using 3 different platforms?

Infact today on my phone this site if flying.......surley that would suggest a problem with your pcs, as if the problems were forum specific every one would be suffering the same problems?

I love the new site :-)

I recently upgraded my laptop for business purposes to Windows 7 & some supercharged processor or other that I don't pretend to understand, nor do I really care, as long as it works! There have been noticeable improvements since to things like log-on speeds, scrolling, etc. on all sites & files, including the old TOC site.

However, this new site bucks all those trends. Whilst there is no particular issue logging-on, once in the site, performance is crap. Scrolling is slow, seems out of synch & then is jerky as hell.

Young jedi134 (by the way what happened to the first 133 incarnations?) may have got his PC from NASA but my boggo business laptop, which works wonderfully everywhere else, just cannot cope completely with the new layout. In my humble & admittedly PC-illiterate opinion SOMETHING IS FRIGGING WRONG!!!!!!!

My laptop is a top end Sony Vaio. the desktop I have was built by a Mate who is a really clever computer boffin. OK the weak-point of all this fancy dan kit is Me.....

How many times does it have to be said that I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS WITH ANY OTHER SITE... This has been said by many others.. We are only having problems with just this site and NO others...

The colour of the background both on open Forum and this white on black background play hell on My eyes..

The refusal of the page loading has been with Us for absolutely ages now but since the change it has got far far worse...

I'm sick of moaning about this so this is the last comment on this thread...

Many have complained !

Someone asked last week why the Forum had gone quiet and the reply s came thick and fast...

Local Hero was going to throw in the towel... Hoovie says He is about too.... There is a list above of those Who are struggling which is the majority by a mile....

I have no Idea who Steve is or how to Email Him. Its here for Him and everyone to see including the Moderators who surely should voice the opinions and any problems that arise on Forum..

As I see it its not difficult. Either something gets done about this very unpopular change or Members will either walk or like Me be less inclined to contribute or post.

We have a fairly tight or should I say close community of Folk on here. Ranging from those that no absolutely Sod all about anything to do with cars.. From those with HUGE knowledge ... Electronics ? Step forward and take a bow SCHM... Mechanics ? The Anchorman... Wit and Fun ?? Big Kev..... Our treasure from the Isle of Man... Claire. DavRav for finding just about anything ont tinterweb. ect ect ect.

Everyone contribute in a big way whether they have knowledge or not .. IT IS a bloody good forum and I hope it stays that way..

That is why I started this thread. In the hope that Members would not bugger of elsewhere when they loose patience here...

I am a mere Member here nothing more nothing less. Its up to You Guys at the top to sort this one and protect the forum....

Charlie..... I reproduce below a post from Steve (Admin) posted in General Discussions for ALL MEMBERS to see on 13 Jan 2012:

Dear Club Members,

As a majority of you may have noticed that we have undergone a big change on the forums and website.

The change of website look and feel is part of a plan to enhance the clubs throughout and adding more exciting features to the club and keep you guys engaged with the community. The forum is just a start of the process and over the next coming months new things will start to appear on the website which will in turn enhance the new template. Tere will also be many asthetic tweaks coming too.

As the new template of the site is rather new, there are still few few things that need fixing. I have been over pages over and over to get things ironed out but it can take quite a while to get it all looking perfect. So please bear with me on this.

As members of the club it would be great for some constructive feedback from you guys, report any problems and suggest some ideas. If you could take time to send me an email with anything you think may help the site.

Please remember, screenshots are very helpful if you have layout issues or be descriptive as possible.

Email me at clubmember.feedback@gmail.com

Thanks for your time and enjoy the new site.

This gives the website address that he wants you and the "Unhappy" group to send your e mails

If you care to read the whole topic in General Discussions you will see that he has subsequently updated the topic with more information as to what is being done to sort out any problems

Posts like yours in this topic really do not help solve any problems

Please send emails to Steve at the address given above quoting exactly what your problems are

As previously said he does not get time to trawl through the entire forum and relies on feedback via email

The UNHAPPY list..

CharlieFarlie.

Hoovie

Mistermena.

Dominic Priestley

DaveM

Rambler

Roger37

Atkiman

Manxrav

Firemac

Paulus17

Junebug1701

Phil1985

Freestyle

Lorna2

This is reproduced from a topic from Steve(Admin) dated 13 January 2012 in the GENERAL DISCUSSION Forum

Dear Club Members,

As a majority of you may have noticed that we have undergone a big change on the forums and website.

The change of website look and feel is part of a plan to enhance the clubs throughout and adding more exciting features to the club and keep you guys engaged with the community. The forum is just a start of the process and over the next coming months new things will start to appear on the website which will in turn enhance the new template. Tere will also be many asthetic tweaks coming too.

As the new template of the site is rather new, there are still few few things that need fixing. I have been over pages over and over to get things ironed out but it can take quite a while to get it all looking perfect. So please bear with me on this.

As members of the club it would be great for some constructive feedback from you guys, report any problems and suggest some ideas. If you could take time to send me an email with anything you think may help the site.

Please remember, screenshots are very helpful if you have layout issues or be descriptive as possible.

**THIS IS NOT A DOUBLE POST BUT HAS BEEN REPRODUCED TO ENCOURAGE THE "UNHAPPY" MEMBERS TO CONTACT STEVE(ADMIN) BY EMAIL AS HE HAS REQUESTED**

See, even STAFF are double posting :lol:

**MODERATORS NOTE**

The above posts are not a double posting but an attempt to bring to the notice of the "Unhappy" group the need to Email Steve(Admin) with observations at the address reproduced in my posts above.

THIS WAS REQUESTED BY STEVE(ADMIN) ON 13TH JANUARY

Edited by Red Yaris 54
Clarification

I have none of the problems you guys have, my works PC is the boggest of bog standards. I use Firefox

I dont like the grey text on white background but if it can be changed somewhere shortly down the line then I am happy

One of the things I dont like is the "latest post" button just does not seem to show "latest post" and I have stopped getting emails to say someone has posted on a subject i am watching, even though my settings are set to receive emails

I know what it is like to run a website, and particularly the problems it brings with compatability problems with browsers, it can be a nightmare

It would be nice to see an update from admin every couple of days with an update as to what has been sorted and any outstanding issues, it would not take long to produce

Just my observations

Kingo :thumbsup:

I find firefox makes the forum easier to use, it was a awful with windows - although most websites were freezing up on me with windows over this last week or so.

I'm having the same problem as mentioned by Kingo with the 'latest posts' button but I thought it was just my comupter.

The grey text would be far easier to see if it was black instead. Seems we have to email Steve as mentioned by Red Yaris.

I am in the process of getting info on screen appearence and browsers to try and help the site owners and I brought up TOC on my Work Laptop to get some numbers ref sizes ... the Browser on the Work PC is MS IE and that is the standard so that is what I use on that device.

As I don't go to non-work related sites, I don;t have an Ad-blocker installed and once I got to a TOC page with the ads on, I click the scroll down button once and then I literally went to get a top up of coffee from the perc, added the milk, the sugar, came back and started to type this on my personal PC, all the time waiting for the TOC screen to refresh (it did so about half way through typing this paragraph).

I should add that I can go to any other site in another Browser window while I am waiting for TOC, so it is not my PC holding things up there.

Call that refresh acceptable? Call that even acceptable even within the context of a environment under upgrade??

I work for a Computer Services company and if we put out an update that had this impact on usability, we would get it in the neck so fast you would not believe it - and if it was STILL the same 1 day later, let alone 1 week, then people would be out looking for new jobs (and I really mean that!!).

Now for a internet formum, the situation is different and people would not be looking for new jobs, but believe me, the users will be looking for new alternative sites!

I am in the process of getting info on screen appearence and browsers to try and help the site owners and I brought up TOC on my Work Laptop to get some numbers ref sizes ... the Browser on the Work PC is MS IE and that is the standard so that is what I use on that device.

As I don't go to non-work related sites, I don;t have an Ad-blocker installed and once I got to a TOC page with the ads on, I click the scroll down button once and then I literally went to get a top up of coffee from the perc, added the milk, the sugar, came back and started to type this on my personal PC, all the time waiting for the TOC screen to refresh (it did so about half way through typing this paragraph).

I should add that I can go to any other site in another Browser window while I am waiting for TOC, so it is not my PC holding things up there.

Call that refresh acceptable? Call that even acceptable even within the context of a environment under upgrade??

I work for a Computer Services company and if we put out an update that had this impact on usability, we would get it in the neck so fast you would not believe it - and if it was STILL the same 1 day later, let alone 1 week, then people would be out looking for new jobs (and I really mean that!!).

Now for a internet formum, the situation is different and people would not be looking for new jobs, but believe me, the users will be looking for new alternative sites!

Please email Steve(Admin) with your observations as he requested in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS on Jan 13th.......and reproduced in my post above for members information

Please email Steve(Admin) with your observations as he requested in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS on Jan 13th.......and reproduced in my post above for members information

WHEN I finish gathering my observations THEN I will email him, rather then do it piecemeal.

ALSO - This thread about the site has been read twice as often as the one in general discussions and has twice as many posts relevant to the topic, which is WHY I posted my comment HERE, rather then in the general discussions areas, which virtually no one goes to, unless they want to read Bad Jokes or post questions about Celicas and Yaris's in the the wrong place.

WHEN I finish gathering my observations THEN I will email him, rather then do it piecemeal.

ALSO - This thread about the site has been read twice as often as the one in general discussions and has twice as many posts relevant to the topic, which is WHY I posted my comment HERE, rather then in the general discussions areas, which virtually no one goes to, unless they want to read Bad Jokes or post questions about Celicas and Yaris's in the the wrong place.

Maybe you should be checking the information given in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS a little more often, because that is where notices about the Forum changes are posted

By restricting your postings to the RAV FORUM you will not get the complete TOC membership to see your complaints......Indeed many of the non RAV members never look at the RAV forum

I would urge all members of all forum groups to look at the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS forum on a regular basis as if they don't they well miss out on some useful information regarding TOC

There has been a growing tendency for the group forums to become rather parochial and insular......Looking in at the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS may well broaden the knowledge of all TOC members

Red. Why after all this fuss and comments of unease CANT THE BOSS TAKE A LOOK ???????

You keep insisting that We as individuals Email Steve to voice Our complaints....

Comparison......

I have a crew of Roof Tilers carrying out the Re Roofing of a School. There are complaints of noise (Usual and sadly unavoidable)...

Now Do I encourage My Foreman in these situations to advise Me of these issues ?? Or Do I encourage Him to get each and every Teacher to bombard Me with Emails ..........

Cmon lets be sensible and realistic here.. It would take Steve what ?? 15 minutes to read through this thread ?? HOW LONG TO READ THROUGH THE SAME INFORMATION IN DUPLICATE MANY TIMES OVER ??

I have never been onto GENERAL DISCUSSIONS. I come here because I have a Rav. I have no interest in other Toyota vehicles except Taffys Avensis..

I make NO apologies for the thread I started is inappropriate in Your eyes.

Perhaps if You were to take a slightly different approach in Your job as Moderator this thread would have fizzled out by now.....

Allow Me to briefly reiterate the problems that the Majority of We Members here on the RAV section are encountering ??

We DO NOT like the white background and grey letters.....

The white lettering on black background IS painful or should I say stressful on the eyes..

Pages continually refuse to load and often lengthy typed up posts or replies are lost...

Pages are slow and jerky to navigate....

The birthday list seems to have disappeared.

The way I see it is that instead of arguing perhaps You may consider sorting the issues by asking Steve to take a look at this thread ?? Your insistence that We individually Email Steve is not going down to well.........

Charlie.

Red. Why after all this fuss and comments of unease CANT THE BOSS TAKE A LOOK ???????

You keep insisting that We as individuals Email Steve to voice Our complaints....

Comparison......

I have a crew of Roof Tilers carrying out the Re Roofing of a School. There are complaints of noise (Usual and sadly unavoidable)...

Now Do I encourage My Foreman in these situations to advise Me of these issues ?? Or Do I encourage Him to get each and every Teacher to bombard Me with Emails ..........

Cmon lets be sensible and realistic here.. It would take Steve what ?? 15 minutes to read through this thread ?? HOW LONG TO READ THROUGH THE SAME INFORMATION IN DUPLICATE MANY TIMES OVER ??

I have never been onto GENERAL DISCUSSIONS. I come here because I have a Rav. I have no interest in other Toyota vehicles except Taffys Avensis..

I make NO apologies for the thread I started is inappropriate in Your eyes.

Perhaps if You were to take a slightly different approach in Your job as Moderator this thread would have fizzled out by now.....

Allow Me to briefly reiterate the problems that the Majority of We Members here on the RAV section are encountering ??

We DO NOT like the white background and grey letters.....

The white lettering on black background IS painful or should I say stressful on the eyes..

Pages continually refuse to load and often lengthy typed up posts or replies are lost...

Pages are slow and jerky to navigate....

The birthday list seems to have disappeared.

The way I see it is that instead of arguing perhaps You may consider sorting the issues by asking Steve to take a look at this thread ?? Your insistence that We individually Email Steve is not going down to well.........

Charlie.

Charlie, your comparison really bears no resemblance to the situation on TOC

Steve (Admin) posted up on 13th January in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS requesting emails if ANY members had any problems or issues with the new look site......(Not just the RAV forum)

You would be well advised to look at the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum from time to time, so that you are fully aware of what is happening on TOC in general

This thread has, I agree, gone on for far too long because IMO the members posting appear to be unable to follow a simple request from the Site Administrator to email him with any site problems

Would you like me to lock this thread?.......That is NOT a threat, merely a request

Charlie has hit the nail on the head (hopefully like his roofers do!)

I have just posted my observations in a new thread about the presentation of the site. I WILL PM steve the link to the thread, but I will NOT be repeating the whole thing in a PM to him as it is easily seen in the very popular "General Discussion" area.

This way, if any one needs to confirm or refute my own observations they can do and it will be in the same place. If they want to add their own, then great.

Is that not what FORUMS are for?? As opposed to everyone discussing everything one-to-one on PMs or in an IM environment.

I must admit, this constant request of asking to not post comment publicly, but to email Steve instead as postng a thread in individual areas is a bit disjointed is a bt of a joke, as even if there were a thread like this in 10 different sub-forums, how can that be worse then maybe 100+ seperate emails on the same topic to one person??.

Red Yaris - Why don't you put in a thread in each forum, make it a sticky and put in there a link to a proper update thread in "General Discussions" so everyone has a place to put in the comments and keep it all in a consolidated place?

TOC Screen Shots in General Discussions

Cant belive what all the fuss is about??? People are showing their true colours now!!!! :D

Its a free forum what do you expect???? :huh: you dont have to pay for the information given on here. you`ll be slagging off dealerships next :lol:

If you dont like it go else where???? I dare ya!!!! I double dare ya go on!!! :baby:

when you go leave me your star wont youhysterically_laughing.gif

Cant belive what all the fuss is about??? People are showing their true colours now!!!! :D

Its a free forum what do you expect???? :huh: you dont have to pay for the information given on here. you`ll be slagging off dealerships next :lol:

If you dont like it go else where???? I dare ya!!!! I double dare ya go on!!! :baby:

when you go leave me your star wont youhysterically_laughing.gif

Not really Your best post that Mate !!

The UNHAPPY list..

CharlieFarlie.

Hoovie

Mistermena.

Dominic Priestley

DaveM

Rambler

Roger37

Atkiman

Manxrav

Firemac

Paulus17

Junebug1701

Phil1985

Freestyle

Monitorlizard

Dwilson

Charlie has hit the nail on the head (hopefully like his roofers do!)

I have just posted my observations in a new thread about the presentation of the site. I WILL PM steve the link to the thread, but I will NOT be repeating the whole thing in a PM to him as it is easily seen in the very popular "General Discussion" area.

This way, if any one needs to confirm or refute my own observations they can do and it will be in the same place. If they want to add their own, then great.

Is that not what FORUMS are for?? As opposed to everyone discussing everything one-to-one on PMs or in an IM environment.

I must admit, this constant request of asking to not post comment publicly, but to email Steve instead as postng a thread in individual areas is a bit disjointed is a bt of a joke, as even if there were a thread like this in 10 different sub-forums, how can that be worse then maybe 100+ seperate emails on the same topic to one person??.

Red Yaris - Why don't you put in a thread in each forum, make it a sticky and put in there a link to a proper update thread in "General Discussions" so everyone has a place to put in the comments and keep it all in a consolidated place?

TOC Screen Shots in General Discussions

The request for comments to Steve(Admin) by email was a direct request from him and NO JOKE

If the members on this forum cannot follow a simple request then there is not much hope!

I have sent a message to Steve requesting he tries to find the time to trawl through the rather heavy threads now added to by your new thread.

Had the forum members followed Steves requests in the first place we probably would have avoided this mess

The request for comments to Steve(Admin) by email was a direct request from him and NO JOKE

If the members on this forum cannot follow a simple request then there is not much hope!

I have sent a message to Steve requesting he tries to find the time to trawl through the rather heavy threads now added to by your new thread.

Had the forum members followed Steves requests in the first place we probably would have avoided this mess

You're too kind :hug:

The UNHAPPY list..

CharlieFarlie.

Hoovie

Mistermena.

Dominic Priestley

DaveM

Rambler

Roger37

Atkiman

Manxrav

Firemac

Paulus17

Junebug1701

Phil1985

Freestyle

Monitorlizard

Dwilson

This is reproduced from a topic from Steve(Admin) dated 13 January 2012 in the GENERAL DISCUSSION Forum

Dear Club Members,

**THIS IS NOT A DOUBLE POST BUT HAS BEEN REPRODUCED TO ENCOURAGE THE "UNHAPPY" MEMBERS TO CONTACT STEVE(ADMIN) BY EMAIL AS HE HAS REQUESTED**

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links