Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nightmare.......... A Complaint...

CharlieFarlie

PC problems remain the same. But being a little soldier I struggle on ... :P :D :P

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jedi134

• CharlieFarlie

• Red Yaris 54

• Hoovie

I don't really have any technical problems, it just looks ****.

1) Grey fonts are rubbish, change it to a simple black.

2) Remove all the black and grey backgrounds, it's depressing.

I made a site like this 15 years ago when I thought I was a hacker, then I grew up and realised it wasn't user friendly.

I agree with previous observations that the site has become comparatively slow and cumbersome but by using a series of filters in AdBlock Plus I've managed to remove most of the superfluous trimmings surrounding the actual forum and so improve page-load times.

FWIW I have Firefox, Safari, IE, and Chrome available on the same machine so don't try and bull**** me about browser settings. This skin is simply rubbish and management need in the very least to provide an alternative 'Classic' skin for those of us who don't enjoy eye-strain.

If someone wants to forward that to whomever 'Steve' is then go for it with my blessings, however I believe criticisms have more chance of being addressed (and not simply deleted) when they are aired in public.

Maybe in the future you Will have the option to change skins.......this is the most upto date and state of the art forum I have ever been on.

The mobile site is brillient also

I don't really have any technical problems, it just looks ****.

1) Grey fonts are rubbish, change it to a simple black.

2) Remove all the black and grey backgrounds, it's depressing.

Hi,

I am not a massive fan of the new style, but don't mind it too much (excepting the wasted space on the right, which I think is under review). It was the speed that bugged me most and like you I have blocked ad-sense that makes a major difference.

A recent update was to add true Mobile Device Support to TOC and that is possibly the best mobile website I have come across - looks great.

Reason for telling you this? You could try the mobile Site on your Desktop .... It is much lighter in appearance and very fast. You lose a touch of flexibility in some areas but gain in others - could be worth considering?

Here is a screenshot of my Netbook Windows 7 system running TOC using the Mobile Site ....

MobileOnWindows7.jpg

Yep got to agree thats the best mobile site I have ever seen......so mobile friendly.

How do you get the Mobile site to show on a Desktop PC?

Yep got to agree thats the best mobile site I have ever seen......so mobile friendly.

How do you get the Mobile site to show on a Desktop PC?

I could tell you, but then I would have to shoot you!

Hmmm, think.gif .....Actually ..... This is how you do it .... :naughty:

Sorry, you don't understand my explanations anyway :)

Well after all the promises NOTHING HAS IMPROVED IN FACT IT HAS GOT WORSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Logging in takes an age and that is when I can log in ..... Joke this is now !!!!!

Must admit I am not getting any problems at the moment. Sorry Charlie!!!

Regards Clare

Only complaint i have is when sometimes you click on last post it goes to the first.

Annoying.