Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lack Of Torque At Low Revs - T180

SMH13

Hello

T180 very slow in 1st & 2nd gear, is this a fault of ECU or Turbo ?

Could the existing chip be re-tuned ?

Thank you for your help

: )

You need to get a fault code done mate! And no the Denso ECU can not be cracked yet, you have to use a piggy-back box...

The last one I had like that was the EGR stuck wide open. No warning lights and no codes just painfully slow.

Let me know if you want it cleaning. You can have a ride over. If the engine needs changing I can probably organise that too.

Thanks, for that.

Still got a lot of poke when you 30 and over.

EGR has been cleaned as I had a problem when it was painfully slow.

Been told by mechanic that it could be the particulate filter?

Can the chip be re mapped ? (flash over it ?) Have been also looking at Lindop chip.

Thanks, for that.

Still got a lot of poke when you 30 and over.

EGR has been cleaned as I had a problem when it was painfully slow.

Been told by mechanic that it could be the particulate filter?

Can the chip be re mapped ? (flash over it ?) Have been also looking at Lindop chip.

No as Mistermena above has said the extremely complex Denso ECU has not yet been broken into...

The Lindop chip is definitely the way to go.. I may have one for sale soon. Its not yet 9 months old and still under warranty.. My car is going through the engine issues again and once sorted the car is to be sold and the Lindop kit and a few other goodies will go up for sale..

PM Me if it of interest and You can have first refusal if You like,,

Charlie.

No Jedi, oil is fine.

Will PM you Charlie if I don't get rid myself !!

Thanks

What are you replacing it with ?

Stella

No Jedi, oil is fine.

Will PM you Charlie if I don't get rid myself !!

Thanks

What are you replacing it with ?

Stella

Almost certainly an Audi A6 or maybe an Allroad.. I have to sort out the engine issues before I will fell happy about selling it before I either PX it or more likely sell it privately..

Nice, friend has just bought an allroad - very impressed!

I have always had German cars and have never had any trouble, this is the first Toyota and if I'm truthful will go back to German cars after this one ! Only problem is you never get all the extra goodies like the Toyota's

Need a 4x4 due to where I live, the BMW's X3 never seem to get a good write up.

Just been looking at the Audi Q3.....

it looks like you have contra exhaust gas pressure because of EGR partly clogging/

cheers/Igor

• 3 months later...

Hello

Well I'm still having problems and want to get it sorted once and for all.

When I bought the rav it was fine, I'm really try to workout exactly what the problem is ?

As soon as the turbo kicks in its fine, but in 1st and 2nd especially it runs rough !

It also does no more than 26.7 !!

Any help is appreciated :) Let me know if anyone is interested in buying my T180, getting something smaller!

Thanks

Hello

Well I'm still having problems and want to get it sorted once and for all.

When I bought the rav it was fine, I'm really try to workout exactly what the problem is ?

As soon as the turbo kicks in its fine, but in 1st and 2nd especially it runs rough !

It also does no more than 26.7 !!

Any help is appreciated :) Let me know if anyone is interested in buying my T180, getting something smaller!

Thanks

You really should take it to Toyota to get a full diagnostics as it may well be the engine that is at fault here..

Selling a T180 at the moment is extremely difficult and painful ! I have advertised My one several times and have had no interest at any price. !! My car is absolutely MINT and has just about every extra and still lowish miles...

Auction price was ridiculous !! I have actually given.... Yes that's right Given My car away !!

Take it to the dealers and let them at least give an opinion as selling will be very tough......

Thanks Charlie, that might be a good idea.

Always had German cars up until the Toyota, never had to take them to main dealers as a lot of people had the diagnostic programmes, never found one yet for a Toyota !