Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drivers Door Auto Locking Not Able To Open From Inside Without Electro

MacPlumb

My 2010 Avensis 1.8 Valvo-matic TR doors electronically lock at 18mph as they are supposed to. Since the car went in for an intermittent fault on the drivers electric window, I can't open the driver's door without unlocking with the electronic switch. The front passenger door opens using the internal handle still, but not the driver's side. This is a bit annoying.

My Toyota garage is some distance across London so I don't really want to take it in if there is an easy fix.

Any thoughts?

When you say electronic switch i presume you mean the one on the door that unlocks them all?

My car is the same, if this is a fault i dont know. Its in the list of quirks :lol:

My 2010 Avensis 1.8 Valvo-matic TR doors electronically lock at 18mph as they are supposed to. Since the car went in for an intermittent fault on the drivers electric window, I can't open the driver's door without unlocking with the electronic switch. The front passenger door opens using the internal handle still, but not the driver's side. This is a bit annoying.

My Toyota garage is some distance across London so I don't really want to take it in if there is an easy fix.

Any thoughts?

You should be able to open the door with the handle, sounds like they have not put somthing back correctly...

When you say electronic switch i presume you mean the one on the door that unlocks them all?

My car is the same, if this is a fault i dont know. Its in the list of quirks :lol:

Yes I have to use the one on the driver’s door that operates all doors to be able to open the drivers door. The odd thing is it was working OK before. I could understand if the rear doors did this, as I have been in a few cars that need the driver to operate the master switch. The front passenger door opens from inside as it did before but the drivers now does not.

This is the same, i havent had it from new though. So it could have had a repair, seems odd but not a big issue to me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links