Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

6Th Gen Celica (1998) Remote Central Locking

Bret1975

Hi all,

I have another quick couple of questions for the community here!

My 1998 Celica did not come with remote keyfobs so I was planning to fit an after market kit which I have used plenty of in the past. I was told today that the GT already has remote central locking but the owners manual has no reference to this.

Firstly can anyone tell me if this car does have remote central locking?

Second, if I fit an after market kit with new keys is there any way to transfer the transponders and get them programmed by Toyota?

Many thanks,

Bret

HI, NEW HERE , BUT I WOULD OF THOUGHT YOU SHOULD HAVE REMOTE FOR THIS CAR. YOU COULD FIND ONE ON eBay. BUT PROB NEED TO PROGRAM FOR YOUR CAR. TOYOTA WOULD HELP WITH THIS, THAT IS IF ITS A GT CELICA, BOUGHT MINE AND GOT GIVIN ONE AND SO DID MY OTHER HALF, SO YOU SHOULD HAVE ONE IF NOT GIVEN ONE. HOPE IT HELPS.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the update, I understand what you're saying and I'm a little surprised as my 1998 Rav 4 had remote central locking.

I guess with a car of my Celica's mileage the fobs have been damaged and/or lost over the years and not replaced. Problem is I don't have the key number either so as for getting Toyota to make new keys and provide new fobs I could be struggling.

Thanks for the advice.

All the best,

Bret

Of course if it's a JDM model it would not have a remote alarm/locking as standard anyway. UK ones would have.

I have recently bought a 'GT' and it came with two. both work 90% of the time.!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links