• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jedi134

• CharlieFarlie

• crustyclam

• Mistermena

About the £700 mark I recon...

Thank you..... firs step one additives: Millers Diesel Power Sport 4

Millers is good stuff! But not as good as BG244 in my view...

But will these additives help or do damage to the DPF ?????????????????????

I get Front and back end burn... Front when eating a good Vindaloo. Back whe..................... :D

Had one last night just waiting for the `secondary ` burn now

Remember they are different products one is a `once a year` and the other is `at every fill` additive. ;)

They can only be beneficial to a DPF by helping the car to run cleaner similar to premium diesels.

Well i have the most unbelievable piece of news.

My Rav was picked up last week by the Jaguar Dealearship due to issues with the steering. It was then taken to a Toyota Dealer in Durham to be fixed.

My car was delivered back to me yesterday fixed and clunk free from the steering, with no record of what was done. It had a healthy 42.5 on the MPG.

I rang the Jag dealer to ask if they knew what was done, my answer came back this morning.

Intermediate steeering shaft for the clunking issue, that was expected and as a few posted on another thread i created.

Now the best bit, oh and they have also done an engine rebuild for you under the Toyota extended guarantee.

How amazing is that!!......I didn't even mention it.

So i have one thing to say thank you very much to the jardine motor group. I can't sing thier praises enough.

I am gobsmacked.

How amazing is that!!......I didn't even mention it.

So i have one thing to say thank you very much to the jardine motor group. I can't sing thier praises enough.

I am gobsmacked.

Typical innit........Where is Jedi when you need him ;)

A dealer doing there job correctly, nice one :thumbsup:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Nah...sorry....losing the plot here, and so much of this posting is "mildly off topic" so ah cannae be bothered reading ALL of it, but the question must be asked, and not of Lee, but of Toyota........WHAT ENGINE REBUILD....? Or is that the terminology used by a less than plugged in Toyota service person....?

Am I going nuts, ot have they reverted to DEALER REBUILD instead of the replacement SHORT ENGINE....? Have been off my computer recently (so apologies Charlie for my lack of contact...) and using wife's netbook, but surely shouldnae have missed that wee snippet re engine rebuilds, again.....?

Konfused Kev

BG244 have used two-three weeks ago.....good and help for me, but not 100%.

Lee

This is a good news! :thumbsup:

Nah...sorry....losing the plot here, and so much of this posting is "mildly off topic" so ah cannae be bothered reading ALL of it, but the question must be asked, and not of Lee, but of Toyota........WHAT ENGINE REBUILD....? Or is that the terminology used by a less than plugged in Toyota service person....?

Am I going nuts, ot have they reverted to DEALER REBUILD instead of the replacement SHORT ENGINE....? Have been off my computer recently (so apologies Charlie for my lack of contact...) and using wife's netbook, but surely shouldnae have missed that wee snippet re engine rebuilds, again.....?

Konfused Kev

If it had a rebuild in the past Kev, it is likely to get a rebuild again if it goes wrong

If it is a new case, it will get a 3/4 engine. That's my interpretation of it anyway, although I rarely get involved in the warranty side of things, I can poke anywhere but like to be pokeless in such bemusing departments

Confuddlementation over?

Now thats what i call a result!... Well done the dealer for sorting this one out! :D

But will these additives help or do damage to the DPF ?????????????????????

I believe that these will help!... I dont think they can do harm! I've never had any problems with either product! The only thing I'd avoid is anything with PTFE in it!... Although if the EGR valve and pipe were coated in the stuff I bet that valve would be a lot cleaner...

Konfused Kev

If it had a rebuild in the past Kev, it is likely to get a rebuild again if it goes wrong

If it is a new case, it will get a 3/4 engine. That's my interpretation of it anyway, although I rarely get involved in the warranty side of things, I can poke anywhere but like to be pokeless in such bemusing departments

Confuddlementation over?

DIsconfuddled, J....gracias beaucoup.

Big Kev

ALthough not having a diesel engine car i did own pre commonn rail VWs fo 20+ years.

I kmow not all of the owners have experianced headgasket/oil consumption problems, but those who have not and read these forums (and a lot of owners dont,and ignorence is bliss) must be wondering if they are going to suffer some sort of failure each time they drive the car,which i imagine is not a very nice feeling.

and i do sympathise with them. Yes if it does happen toyoyta will fix it free of charge,but who likes there car being pulled about. never mind the inconvenience caused.

I spoke to someone in the service department at Jaguar where i bought my car from, the information was passed on by the Toyota garage.

He mentioned piston rings, gasket and something other things i can't remember. He said this would have cost a few thousand pounds.

He mentioned he used to work at Lexus and he knew of the issue

To be honest i was in shock so didn't take it all in, i was just over the moon

but who likes there car being pulled about. never mind the inconvenience caused.

Inconvenience was another big one for me, when using dealerships

I had to take time off work, :eek:

Fight my way through traffic to dealership :driving:

Listen to their stories :meet:

Arrange a lift home as Courtesy car not aways avilable :ermm:

..........................Then in reverse...........................

Take time off work

Arrange lift to dealership

Get stuck in traffic on the way there

Listen to more waffle :sick:

Get in car and drive off (sometimes £`s lighter if not in warranty)

Get home to find same fault still there.............or a new one has appeared :ffs: not to mention a missing floor mat, scratched leather seat and swirl marks all over paint work, after the courtesy car wash.

Sometimes its like Ground hog day!!!!!!!!!!! I have to repeat this proces until they fix it.

Sorry not for me i`m affraid.................................................

:D

but who likes there car being pulled about. never mind the inconvenience caused.

Inconvenience was another big one for me, when using dealerships

I had to take time off work, :eek:

Fight my way through traffic to dealership :driving:

Listen to their stories :meet:

Arrange a lift home as Courtesy car not aways avilable :ermm:

..........................Then in reverse...........................

Take time off work

Arrange lift to dealership

Get stuck in traffic on the way there

Listen to more waffle :sick:

Get in car and drive off (sometimes £`s lighter if not in warranty)

Get home to find same fault still there.............or a new one has appeared :ffs: not to mention a missing floor mat, scratched leather seat and swirl marks all over paint work, after the courtesy car wash.

Sometimes its like Ground hog day!!!!!!!!!!! I have to repeat this proces until they fix it.

Sorry not for me i`m affraid.................................................

I was happy to be inconvenienced i had a 61 plate Luxury Jag XF Diesel for 10 days.

What would a DPF change cost?

Jozsef

on my the service documentation i got with the car its showed

DPF change as S/FIT NEW PARTICULATE FILTER £179.

VALVE ASSY, EGR - £235

What would a DPF change cost?

Jozsef

on my the service documentation i got with the car its showed

DPF change as S/FIT NEW PARTICULATE FILTER £179.

VALVE ASSY, EGR - £235

I would have thought a DPF costs much more than that. never mind the labour.

DPF arn't that cheap! On my invoice for my car they are £688.63 and I believe that without VAT or fitting!... My mate Acetip is correct...