• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jedi134

• CharlieFarlie

• crustyclam

• Mistermena

What are you like Jedi?

Now Dave has given you the recipe you will be in the shed making J power diesel.

Don't you go padding it out with that squashy 2 stroke oil - we want some of your 40 grade stiff stuff if you want us to buy it. You'll have Esso head hunting you next.

I have already started prospecting for oil in the garden :-)

Watch this space........jedi super fuels will be on the forecourts soon.........

"feel the force in your engine"

c'mon quoting star wars lines i'm suprised you haven't said

Faith in your 2AD, misplaced may be. As is your faith in the dark side of the RAV4.

Hmmmmmmmm just found this a interesting read!!!!

EU vehicle emissions standards section!!

To me this sounds like there is a battle between the goverments of the world (this Koyoto thing), and the car manufacturers......who have the oil companys on their side.

The Goverments want to see electric cars on the roads, The Car manufacturers dont want this....because of costs to delevop new technologys most probably, The oil companys certainly dont want to see electric cars, as thier revenue will go down, no one will need thier diesel and pertol as much.

Every year the Goverments are pushing the Car manufacturers to tighter more stringent co2 emmissions controls...........Euro1 Euro2......Euro5 etc.

If the car manufacturers dont reach these Co2 controls......They are hit with huge fines per gram/co2 over the limit.....

No doubt the car manufacturers and oil companys are sweating thier knackers off , ducking & diving, twisting & turning, juggling co2 quotas around, offsetting against other whatevers????? Just to meet the standard.........

I could be wrong here......But I think a lot of cars cannot reach the Co2 requirement specified? as such they offset it by the engine oils some how (this is where the oil companys come in, no doubt they have to reach Co2 standards too, but can offset with the car manufactures......so the overall figures at the end of the day all add up)

Creative accounting is the term I belive people use.

Does anyone think we have seen the last of the internal combustion engine as we know it?

Does anyone think the internal combustion engine has reached its technological limits?

The stuff they run on (Petrol/Diesel) is being raped of goodies left right and center.........In a few years time will we recognise it as diesel/Petrol, will it be so sanitiesed that we can actually drink it?

The oils seems to be going the same way....

Yet more MPG per less fuel is required year after year after year!!!!!!!!! By the goverments!!

The more I read the more scandelous it gets....

Or did you already know this? and im talking !Removed!!! :o

And what flavour of oil is this one you are currently using? :)

Edit: I should read the post properly next time , its the morris 5w30 semi

Has any mysteriously disapeared in 1100 miles?

None that you would notice. My last 2010 RAV didn't use any in 4400 miles.

This Morris's 5W/30 has done 1100 miles;

IMG_0533-1.jpg

Have you bought a Morris 1100 Anchs???????????

IMG_0533-1.jpg

Looking at that just reinforces that I have problems with the engine in My car.......

I would have to run mine on fully synthetic for me to make that conclusion. As I said earlier I don't know if oil can be drawn back to the sump complete with carbon.

I am also not 100% sure if your 2AD and my 2AD are the same with the exception of the block. I think you may have these later pistons;

FTV.pdf

Do you not fancy one of Audi's 4WDs instead of running 2 saloons?

IMG_0533-1.jpg

Looking at that just reinforces that I have problems with the engine in My car.......

Out of interest, Don, I just looked at my oil, as we have the same engine block (I think) and my oil is supposedly 1,600 miles old.

Mine is a LOT darker then yours (yours looks unused!)

no idea what Oil I have in the car and I am basing my 1,600 miles on the garage carrying out a full service the morning I bought the car (maybe I should have checked the dipstick on the day I picked the RAV up??)

It would be better if you checked because we bring a certain amount of supposition into the equation BUT if they did change it then my theory about what has happened with Charlies engine is could be correct.

In other words the fully synthetic oil (yours MUST have C2 oil) is capable of drawing some carbon back into the sump. Has your engine used or shown signs that is going to use any oil in that time? (has it dropped down from the full mark).

I would have to run mine on fully synthetic for me to make that conclusion. As I said earlier I don't know if oil can be drawn back to the sump complete with carbon. I am also not 100% sure if your 2AD and my 2AD are the same with the exception of the block. I think you may have these later pistons; FTV.pdf Do you not fancy one of Audi's 4WDs instead of running 2 saloons?

Yes just the one car may be on the cards.. But My long term plan when We move back south is to do a little work so having a car the size of a Rav or slightly larger would be very useful as I hope not need anther van.

Selling or PXing the Jag is just not a good idea at this time as all car values are extremely low with cars like Jags being likely hit hardest. So apart from not wanting to sell it cos I love it and its a faultless car that I have spent a fair amount of wedge getting it tuned by Spires so the warranty is not affected I would have to take a massive hit on it anyway..

Whilst I accept that I know far less than You about oil it is insisted by Toyota that the oil I am using is correct and as it falls to them to come up with a solution I'm not going to mess with it..

I can accept what You are saying though and could agree with it using just a little but it actually using quite a lot. I have carefully topped it up again just today ready for a 500 mile plus trip tomorrow and have added half a litre since the last top up 300 miles ago.....

It would be better if you checked because we bring a certain amount of supposition into the equation BUT if they did change it then my theory about what has happened with Charlies engine is could be correct.

In other words the fully synthetic oil (yours MUST have C2 oil) is capable of drawing some carbon back into the sump. Has your engine used or shown signs that is going to use any oil in that time? (has it dropped down from the full mark).

Hi Don. They are sending me the invoice/worksheet, but tell me it was Semi-Synthetic 5W/30. Receptionist did not know if C2 or not, but the part number of the oil was apparently "T08880/80845" - recognise that number?

Looking on line, I found this ... I have a feeling they used the wrong oil and it is not C2 (as I am guessing C2 is a newer standard and probably not "Toyota Econo Oil"?

From Spec Sheet ...

Toyota Genuine Motor Oil Fuel Economy SAE 5W-30 is suitable for petrol and diesel

engines, both turbocharged and naturally aspirated, requiring an SAE 5W-30, API SL, ACEA

A1/B1-04 or CCMC G5/PD2 – it also meets all the requirements of ACEA A3/B3-04 with the

exception of the HTHS / shear stability viscosity.

Toyota Genuine Motor Oil Fuel Economy SAE 5W-30 surpasses the following international

petrol and diesel engine oil performance standards and approvals:

- Certified against ACEA A1/B1-04

- The oil has the performance level of ACEA A3/B3-04

- Meets the API SL/Energy Conserving

08880-82710 5W30 Premium Fuel Efficient (PFE) TGMO 5

API CF; ACEA A5/B5 C2

08880-80845 5W30 Fuel Efficient (FE) TGMO 5 API SL ACEA A1/B1

The top part number is the C2 spec

Kingo :thumbsup:

08880-82710 5W30 Premium Fuel Efficient (PFE) TGMO 5

API CF; ACEA A5/B5 C2

08880-80845 5W30 Fuel Efficient (FE) TGMO 5 API SL ACEA A1/B1

The top part number is the C2 spec

does that mean the 08880-80845 is NOT C2 spec and so should NOT be fitted to a Euro 5 D-CAT 2.2 engine?

That's how I read it Hoovie

08880-80845 is NOT C2

That's how I read it Hoovie

08880-80845 is NOT C2

Thanks (I think!) :( I spoke to my LOCAL Toyota Dealer just now and asked what oil they would use for my car and they said they always use 5w/30 Fully Synthetic Mobil 1 for ALL vehciles (maybe they got a job lot :) ) - would that be within C2 spec I wonder?

Theres about a half dozen mobil 1 5w 30 oils which one are they using.

The cheapest one most probably...

But I bet 100% they dont know..........

And it will, belive it or not vary between dealerships with what they use....

My local Toyota dealer uses a Mobil i and i asked which one it was and they showed me a bottle of it. forget which one it was,could have been P but it ticked all the boxes not just for my petrol engine but for diesels as well.

So it seems they have in bulk as well as bottles.

Anyway i supply my own Mobil ESP 5w 30 which i got of eBay at about £57 for 2 5ltr bottles deliverd which saves a few quid on the servicing.had no trouble at dealers when supplying my own oil.

A1/B1-04 or CCMC G5/PD2 – it also meets all the requirements of ACEA A3/B3-04 with the

exception of the HTHS / shear stability viscosity.

An A1/B1 oil cannot meet A3/B3 specs as well.... as The sulpher has been removed from the A1/B1 to save the trees!!!!!

But they get round the legal side of it by stating "with the exception of the HTHS / shear stability viscosity." this means the sulpher has been removed which is an antiwear agent and protects your engines piston rings and other bits and bobs.

So basically as I read it, its the same oil but without antishear A.K.A. antiwear properties "VW TDi Pump Duze engine"

Toyota Genuine Motor Oil Fuel Economy SAE 5W-30 surpasses the following international

petrol and diesel engine oil performance standards and approvals:

- Certified against ACEA A1/B1-04

- The oil has the performance level of ACEA A3/B3-04 ******And look how this is worded Has the performance level of a A3/B3......But does it have the antiwear/protection of a A3/B3 oil***

- Meets the API SL/Energy Conserving

This has got wrong oil in engine problems written all over it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie that Castrol Magnatec is it the 5w/30 A1 that meets ford spec one? Its got a big A1 on the front?

So anyway, after about 200 replies I'm asking, what kind of oil can I put in my 2006 T180 2.2 D-CAT engine?

Thanks

Jozsef