Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Sprint Series 2012. Have A Go!

Tibs

My latest post in the Corolla forum reference my efforts last season, http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=124875&view=findpost&p=1180806 , has reminded me of how much fun it was.

Really hope that a few from this site that have an interest in taking part, do so this year. 2012 race dates have been announced and give plenty of time to plan and set aside some funds.

It was the first time that I had ever done anything like it, and I was made to feel very welcome and felt at home, had a really fun day and have some great memories from just one event already.

Hoping to get back on track this season, funding allowing, and hope to see a few more newbies there too.

Give it a go!

• 2 weeks later...

Yep as Tibs says preparation for 2012 is underway dates for the Toyota Sprint Series for 2012 and a link to the old site (where regs etc are) and to the new site where the latest info is.

Dates are as follows:

R1: 18th March @ RAF Woodbridge (Suffolk)(Airfield fun with changing surfaces & a mix of tight corners, long corners & some good straights)

R2: 13th May @ Blyton Park (Lincs) (excellent new track which is definitely worth a try)

R3: TBA poss RAF Wittering on 2nd June (was originally 17th) or another venue on 17th - check forum for updates

R4: 12th August @ Barkston Heath (Grantham, Lincs) (short twisty track with smooth tarmac)

R5: 16th September @ Croft (North Yorks) (full circuit, sweeping corners, nice straights, chicanes & a hairpin at the end that gets everyone)

R6: 20th October @ Snetterton (Norfolk) (Using the 100 circuit - 1 mile infield, so smooth tarmac with no doubt a few twists added)

Old site for regs etc

new site for the rest

Classes are still split into pro & street so standard tyres/interior etc don't have to race against the stripped out R888 wearing cars :toast:

Here's the class structures & all except A1 have 'street' & 'pro' sections

Class A1: Over 1600cc Forced Induction }

Class A2: Over 1600cc Forced Induction } With all of these there are various other technical regs

Class A3: Over 1600cc Forced Induction }

Class B: Up to 1600cc Forced Induction

Class C: Over 1600cc Normally Aspirated

Class D: Up to 1600 cc Normally Aspirated

Class E: Diesel

Class F: Up to 1000cc Normally Aspirated

Cost for each round is as follows:

Unregistered Main driver - £120

Unregistered 2nd Driver - £100 (good way of sharing costs if you trust someone enough to drive your car :g:

Regsitered Main driver - £100 (Registration is £120 up front)

Registered 2nd driver - £80

Registration & Payments page is here

Thanks for the additional info Janey.

Really hope we get a few more people having a go from this site, enough of us lurking, just need some to have a go!

Thanks for the additional info Janey.

Really hope we get a few more people having a go from this site, enough of us lurking, just need some to have a go!

LOL yes those lurkers definitely need to come out and have a go :driving:

A Yaris or two (1.5's) are hoping to join in the fun for a couple of rounds which is good, it's hard to get across how good the series is without actually being there or taking part but all I can really tell people is that whether your car is totally bog standard or modded to the hilt you can enjoy a day of probably the safest track action (that is unless you hire a track just for yourself for a day :lol: ) with the bonus of possibly taking home a trophy as well as a sense of pride :)

I do think it's a shame that people put up how great their car is and how much power they are putting out but never put it to use apart from in Tesco's carpark :rolleyes: (Janey waits to get totally slated :lol: )

Where's Paul and his crazy Aygo?? :lol:

Sadly Paul retired the Aygo :crybaby: and is going to do this year in the Supra again :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Supra! I haven't actually seen it yet! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

No chance for me this year , hopefully next year.

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody interested in having a go?

I fully agree with Janey sentiment above that so many people spend so much money and time on their cars in an effort for bragging rights of figures, when they must really 'use' the performance so little in comparison. This, and similar events, are excellent chances to really see how your car performs, and yourself for that matter.

Just a quick update:

Round 3 (Wittering) is definitely not taking place therefore there will be 5 rounds this year rather than the usual 6

The 1st round is this Sunday coming (18th) at RAF Woodbridge - there are a number of places still up for grabs so if anyone fancies having a go then please visit here

LOL ok then here's one just for you :D

IMG_9770.jpg

Awesooome! :thumbsup:

Woo! Go Paul! :D

Hey, can I turn up as a spectator on the day or do you have to pre-book?

(I don't think my D4D or my driving would be up for actually racing :lol:)

Awesooome! :thumbsup: Woo! Go Paul! :D Hey, can I turn up as a spectator on the day or do you have to pre-book? (I don't think my D4D or my driving would be up for actually racing :lol:)

If you want to come along & spectate you'll have to register as it's a MOD base (security & all that) it's £5 to come & watch (yes a cheek I know)

You can register as a spectator etc here

Nowt wrong with a D4D, in fact you'd have a class all to yourself ..... & you haven't seem my driving :laughing:

• 4 weeks later...

One of my many reasons for buying my Rolla is to have a go this year can't wait, I miss not doing track days.

Came along last year with Tibs with it been our local track everyone was very nice so role on Sept 2012.

" where have I put my lid" lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i did my first TSS round at Woodbridge in march,and a urge everyone to try it great fun,ive entered for all five rounds in the pro c class with my mr2

post-120379-0-74134800-1334870382.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i did my first TSS round at Woodbridge in march,and a urge everyone to try it great fun,ive entered for all five rounds in the pro c class with my mr2

Superb looking car in the flesh too, Dave! Well done on your class C result---looking forward to seeing you back at Blyton next week.

I'm afraid it's all gone a bit wrong with the Supra :huh: I thought I would save a few pennies this year and opt for road tyres, in the hope that they would be cheap and would last. However, a new pair of rear tyres were needed after Woodbridge! It was great going sideways everywhere, but the tyres delaminated.

It's been so expensive to maintain a 190000km car too. I could have bought another Aygo with the service and repair bills from the last few months. So having a bit of a dilemma at the moment.

Do I upgrade the Supra with coilovers, new bushes etc. and make it handle better, and buy competition tyres, or do I go for the cheaper option(!) and downsize?

I'm seeing a lot of facelift Yaris T Sports at low mileages and very reasonable prices for what you get at the moment. And I still have my Rays wheels from the Aygo, which would also fit straight onto the Yaris. Must admit it is tempting---some say it would not be as fast as a mk1 MR2 which is what it would be up against, but there are plenty of tuning parts available. Would be a nice challenge :D

Paul.

Hi Paul,yes see you at blyton i be camping there saturday night,why not swap your Supra for an MR2 might not be so fast but chep and they handle well. see you next sunday