Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Flat And Polish

Jimlad

When I was at the bodyshop today they said my car could do with a flat and polish. What's a flat when it's at home ?? They said they would do it the next time I was in. ( next week or so )

Well normally its a goin over with very fine wet and dry, then a good polish

Had any paint work done on it?

Neil

Its quite normal to have a flat and polish after a respray - leave the car in the sun to properly cure the paint beforehand.... I don't think they use wet and dry just some sort of course cutting compound.... ask what they use, you don't want them to take too much of the paint off.

I work with a car sprayer sometimes, we use VERY fine wet and dry then G3 cutting compound then good polish, comes up like new!

When was re-spray?

Neil

When I'm finishing off any spraying, I usually use some Rubbing compound. This comes in tins, and is more effective than t-cut which really isn't abrasive enough. However, be careful with it, it is more adbrasive and will cut through all paint layers if you rub too hard/too long!

As Neil says, when was the respray exactly? I think around 2 weeks ago? Did they bake the car? If not, I would leave it at least 6 weeks for the paint to fully harden. There isn't much sun/heat at this time of year!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links