Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should I Have A Jack?

Filby

Just acquired an IQ 2 (reg Sep 2011). I know htere is no spare wheel but the handbook shows a picture of the jack. The tool area has a wheelnut wrench and space for a jack - but there is no jack. Should there be one?

I think it would be useful to be able to remove a wheel in an emergency even if there is no spare. You could always take the wheel for a puncture repair or tyre change.

Yes there should indeed be a jack, which is designed to be used with the IQ.

Trip back to dealership required, if you bought it from a dealership, methinks.

There should also be some folded wheel chocks and the tyre inflator, which is accessed by taking out the oddment tray thing at the very rear of the luggage area behind the seats.

It may be reachable from the front too but i've never tried.

John does yours have the 2x side twist clips that hold in place what you call the oddment tray thingy

David

I too have a jack and it should be stashed under the seat as said above. I managed to get it out by removing the little storage box behind the seats, you need to turn and pull out a clip each side then I managed to pull the whole lump of polystyrene with jack and all up and out the back. It wasn't until later I read the manual and it says to remove it from the front, Whoops. :)

Also check you have the key for the locking wheel nuts, no point having a jack or even a wheel wrench if that is missing.

Craig.

John does yours have the 2x side twist clips that hold in place what you call the oddment tray thingy

David

Yes I do David.

Easy to lose by a careless previous owner though.

Also Filby, you also need the jack handle.

Kinda obvious but thought I'd mention it!

Duplicate post again, sorry.

You could remove the rear tray, or you could just lifft the front of the rear seats.

Fish

Oops!! Found the jack - I was looking in the wrong place! The manual says to remove the "auxiliary box" and shows the jack located beneath it. Like Craggie, I removed the "luggage box" behind the rear seats and found only the wheel brace. I didn't see the chocks and the jack hiding under the seat. There seemed to be empty spaces - a space above the wheel wrench and a rectangular slot in front of the inflator - and I assumed that was where the jack should be.

If I had read the manual more carefully I would have seen that the "auxiliary box" is in fact a plastic tray located under the rear seat cushion and accessed from the front.

It is interesting how much spare space there is under the seat in a car which has been designed to make use of every square inch. The "auxiliary box" has no apparent function and is too inaccessible to have much practical use. The box and the tools all seem to fit into a circular well which seems to have been designed for a spare wheel. Does anyone know if any IQs are sold in some markets with a spare wheel and whether a standard wheel would fit? Maybe it was intended for a "space saver".

Personally, I am not bothered about carrying a spare, but has anyone found any clever use for the "auxiliary box" space?

If you do an eBay search for Toyota iQ you will find people selling what is described as "Genuine" warning triangles and first aid kits so I did wonder if the spare spaces were for the French market perhaps and designed to carry these items?

If they were cheaper I'd be tempted to buy them and try but the spare space holds my light bulb kit just fine and a small 12v air compressor. (In addition to the Toyota inflation kit)

Craig.

I have been wondering where all this stuff is in case I get a puncture. Where is it all and is it hard to access? Can somebody take a pic for me? Thanks

• 7 years later...

I found my jack , by chance.

My advice to new buyers of this model is to take the manual to bed and read it through, more than once, over several nights.  Like the clever iQ stowage, there are some items of information tucked in little corners of that manual.

I make notes of useful stuff in my little iQ book .

This is an excellent forum for information.