Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Change Headlight Bulb?

BALIKBAYAN

It is ridiculous to have to ask this question.

Last week I noticed that the left headlight was not working. I bought new lampbulbs. I changed the broken one and then I planned to change the other one. I thought if one is gone the other don't have much time left of its life.

But I could not find any way to get enough space to change the bulb on the right hand side. It feels like I have to remove the windscreen wash bottle and also the abs stuff that is placed near the washbottle. Am I correct or is there a much easier way to reach the headlamp bulbs on the right hand side?

By the way I had remove the Battery on the left side to be able to reach that bulb.

It was much easier on the old Carina E.

It is possible to change the offside bulb. You need a pair of long nosed pliers and a flat bladed screwdriver. With the pliers turn the grey cap anti-clockwise a quarter turn noting its position for replacement. Bend the filler tube of the washer bottle back just far enoung to remove the light cap with the pliers. Lever off the connector with the screwdriver and using the pliers disengage the spring retainer on the bulb and lift it out with the pliers. Replacement is the reverse of this. I've done it in about ten minutes including removal of the covers over the radiator etc.

Fitter

Thanx for your answer. I'll give it a try later today.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links