Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trying To Identify Glow Plug

steveone

I need to replace the glow plugs in my 2008 avensis 2000cc D4D.

I have been trying to identify the correct type to use but there is some confusion.

Denso, NGK anad Bosch all supply pluge for engine type 1CDFTV but the vehicle ident data for my car shows engine type 1ADFTV.

Denso, who are the recommended suppliers say they do not have this engine type listed.

Does anyone know the difference between these engine types and are the glow plugs the same?

Ngk glows plugs are grand for replacement go to your local car parts and they will supply with the correct plugs for your car by using your reg number it brings your car details up

Gave up on this as NGK say they don't have plugs for this engine despite it having been around since 2006.

Have had to buy from toyota, what a rip off.

NGK, Bosch, Denso all do not have these plugs.

DFo a reg number search and no results.

Go onto the Opie Oils web site and see what they hace listed for your car! Or give Tim a ring there as he's very helpful!...

Nothing they only list the 1CD engine that is the 110 bhp job.

Mine is the 1AD 126 bhp.

No-one lists the glow plugs or much else for this engine.

Probably a typo.

Just get the plug for the cd and when you take out the old one check it's the same. It will be.

No, they are different, I checked with the mechanic at my local toyota dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi , I had this problem last week.The NGK software at the spares shop I use Showed the wrong plug . It was 10mm longer than the original (good job i checked befor I fitted it).The shop got in touch with blueprint who supplyed the correct one £21.00 each .

• 11 months later...

Hi

Now nearly a year after this theme I have got the same problem...can't find proper glow plugs for my Avensis 1AD-FTV on eBay. Everywhere there is plugs for 1CD-FTV but they are different...

Does somebody know something new about this problem?

These are the correct glow plugs for the AD engine it's the same part for the 2.0ad & the 2.2 ad from eurocarparts all the data is in there.

There is a link from the Avensis forum at the top of the page.

Pete.

post-74463-0-92926100-1358852493_thumb.j

post-74463-0-28184100-1358852518_thumb.j

2AD-FTV and 2AD-FTH are different heater plugs, and different again to 1CD-FTV

Kingo :thumbsup:

I am in the same boat but with the 2AD-FTV and the plugs are listed for FHV. there appears to be no aftermarket suppliers of glows for any 150bhp engines in the toyota range? so unless people have been fitting the T180 plugs to the 150 and getting away with it I guess they have been having them changed at the dealer.

Hi

Now nearly a year after this theme I have got the same problem...can't find proper glow plugs for my Avensis 1AD-FTV on eBay. Everywhere there is plugs for 1CD-FTV but they are different...

Does somebody know something new about this problem?

I am still struggling to find right glow plugs for 1AD-FTV...I didn't expect it's so big problem...this is my first diesel car.

Toyota dialer offers nearly £ 30 for the original Toyota one:19850-0R010 (for labor +2 plugs about £150)

On eBay there are a lot of offers £27 to 45 per set of 4 but for 1CD-FTV. I asked few of sellers for right plugs for me and some of them gave me part numbers but after I checked them, they are again for 1CD...

I found on EurocarParts gl plugs for this engine (£22) but no real brand/part number to check myself the details...I will call them.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Toyota_Avensis_2.0_2006/p/car-parts/car-service-parts/regular-service/glow-plugs/?43882040J&1&9eb006aa3f4db1211b1b4423a8b4a71efbbb364a&000164

Hi japcar

I found the same. If you quote the type of car you will get sold, in my case, the plugs which are referenced for the T180. Only when you input the registration does it come back with no match. I suspect people have been installing the plugs without realising. Why would Toyota not try and use the same system for both types of engine and alter the power output some other way?

.I ordered on eBay BluePrint ADT31821. I see it on the French side above...so I think they are right one.

I also just fitted the blueprint plugs and although I'm not getting 20seconds of chugging whilst the revs fluctuate on cold startup (left overnight) its still not firing straight up. It doesn't appear to have improved the number of attempts to fire it up.

Oh and I think it has stopped sending out the plume of grey smoke from the exhaust as well.

So some positives but still not sorted :(

So some positives but still not sorted :(

Try to clean EGR valve and MAF sensor...

BTW I am wondering why on this engine 1AD-FTV no warning light when one or more glow plugs are out of order...?