Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

You Gotta Love Dealers

CharlieFarlie

I was today talking a PX price for My Rav against another 4x4 vehicle......

Dealer informs Me that book prices of My car actually went up during October, November and December due to the Winter on the way and a bad one forecast !!! Then January saw massive book losses to ALL 4WD vehicles due to the winter being mild so demand has fallen drastically.. He then gave Me a figure.. MMMmmm

So I say Yes I can imagine that the value of My car has fallen for those reasons. It does make sense after all .. Then I say. So why has Your car not dropped ? The car I was looking at today has been on the forecourt since early November ?? The price is exactly the same as it was in early November..

Ah well Sir that's because We have to achieve the screen price so We don't loose money .... Yeerrrrrr Right......... :D

Well with the weather forecast now Charlie they will be shooting back up in price then :thumbsup:

Havent seen a forecast Paul ?? Im swapping back to standard Wheels/Tyres tomorrow.... Should I wait ??

There is an old saying in the motor trade.

The worst time of the year to sell or trade or buy a car is the first 6 weeks of the year. I first heard this said over 40 years ago - looks like nothing has changed.

Havent seen a forecast Paul ?? Im swapping back to standard Wheels/Tyres tomorrow.... Should I wait ??

Who knows Charlie.I heared on the radio this week that this current cold spell is gonna last at least four weeks??

Temps are gonna be low all this week with snow in some areas.

We was supposed to have been getting snow tonight and tomorrow but that looks like it's going more down South east,and Wales now.

We bought the Rav on the strength of last winter.I was clearing the snow off the back and front drives nearly every day so we could get the car back in the garage,nearly killed me :nopity:

Not even a flake so far this winter :eek:

As Paul says, forecast is for a turn much colder for next 4 weeks.

I got 2 "Ice Warnings" going out this evening (and tyre temps were below zero C) and had to clear ice off the screen yesterday afternoon

Who knows Charlie.I heared on the radio this week that this current cold spell is gonna last at least four weeks??

We was supposed to have been getting snow tonight and tomorrow but that looks like it's going more down South east,and Wales now.

We bought the Rav on the strength of last winter.I was clearing the snow off the back and front drives nearly every day so we could get the car back in the garage,nearly killed me :nopity:

Sod's Law, fella!

But thanks for buying the RAV. It's meant a milder winter for the rest of us..... :thumbsup:

Sod's Law, fella!

But thanks for buying the RAV. It's meant a milder winter for the rest of us..... :thumbsup:

You should thank me too!! one of reasons went back to the RAV4 was being stuck too often last year in the Qashqai. On the day I went to collect it, there was about 4" of snow and the roads were pretty bad. Since I got it ......

Sod's Law, fella!

You should thank me too!! one of reasons went back to the RAV4 was being stuck too often last year in the Qashqai. On the day I went to collect it, there was about 4" of snow and the roads were pretty bad. Since I got it ......

Mucho gracias to you also, David. I was gonna say may the snow gods blizzard all over you but I'm quite happy with our current balmy winter.

Jim

7 degrees here today so that will be another 500 quid off the car then .....................................

7 degrees here today so that will be another 500 quid off the car then .....................................

A dealer told me the other week that a used car loses its value by £450 a month so in 2 years mine will be worthless apparently

A dealer told me the other week that a used car loses its value by £450 a month so in 2 years mine will be worthless apparently

Depends on how You value it today ?? At the dealers valuation it wont take 24 months to reach zero....

Car sales men are a different breed they assume that nobody has got any knowledge of cars and there value they think they are so clever but they are far from it.

Sod's Law, fella!

Mucho gracias to you also, David. I was gonna say may the snow gods blizzard all over you but I'm quite happy with our current balmy winter.

Jim

No problem Jim,just glad to have been of assistance :lol: :lol:

We did say when we bought the Rav we would probably have a mild winter this time round,as you say sods law :rolleyes:

Charlie do you remember that link i put up some time ago about that white Rav local to us?

Well that started off at £11490 then went up to £12500 through December,it is now back down to the original price???

Sod's Law, fella!

Jim

No problem Jim,just glad to have been of assistance :lol: :lol:

We did say when we bought the Rav we would probably have a mild winter this time round,as you say sods law :rolleyes:

Charlie do you remember that link i put up some time ago about that white Rav local to us?

Well that started off at £11490 then went up to £12500 through December,it is now back down to the original price???

I have long since stop listening to the crap that Dealer salesmen come out with... If I had been offered an even half decent figure for The Rav I would have paid the balance between the two car there and then..

I usually sell My cars privately but am reluctant to do it this time as the car has an engine issue and I am just not happy to pass this on to some unsuspecting Person despite the car still having warranty.

Dealers have to realise that We are not fools. Its can be mildly insulting when listening to complete garbage.................

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links