Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Electric Windows Technical Question

siu16

Hi haven't posted on here for a while so I first want to say Happy New year to all. Now I would like to ask for some advice.

I have a 98 Corolla E11 hatch. The story is I obtained the electric window kit from a salvage corolla E11 (Regulators & loom) and have just fitted them but not working. Anyone hav any experience in this or know whether I need any special relays or fuses? I am a total noob and I am having a mind block right now.

How did you determine that the motor was bad? Did you test the switches?

You need to fit an electric window relay and the fuses that go with the system too.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the switches and they dont work. i have had a look and i do believe I need the relays and fuses so will go to this guy I know who is breaking a corolla to get the bits soon. will keep posted

• 2 weeks later...

Electric Windows are done and working great. For those who plan to do this all you need is:

*Window regulators

*Door looms

*Just the passenger side Relay ( its is a RED colour relay fitted behind the glovebox, just remove glovebox and you will see it easily) Drivers side should already be fitted as mine was.

*Window switches.

It was so great to see them working, all that hard work finally paid off. Strange how the simpliest things can make you happy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links