Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying My First Toyota In The Coming Week

Mikael Grön

Swedish greetings to all Toyotians!

I'm just about to buy my first ever Toyota. It's gonna be one of these below, and I can't really decide on which. Any advice? They're ordered by likelihood now. They're all Toyota Avensis station wagons with 1.8l engines, and all are sold by various 100% Toyota dealerships in towns near me.

Black metallic, 2008.

A 15cm scratch on one door.

Business kit.

Mileage: 6000 km (3728 miles).

Price: 149'000 SEK (£14030).

Beige metallic, 2007.

Business kit.

Mileage: 10800 km (6711 miles).

Price: 129'900 SEK (£12230).

Black metallic, 2006.

Executive kit.

Mileage: 12900 km (8016 miles).

Price: 119'000 SEK (£11200).

We've got the -08 at home until wednesday for testing now, but are planning to go check the -06 out this afternoon. The -07 one looks really nice, but I'm in love with the black metallic.

And for the new member introduction:

I'm a 30 years old web and iPhone developer in Sweden. I'm married and we have 2 kids. Currently we're driving this butt ugly Renault Laguna from -01 which really needs a new cam belt, and some other crap.. We're planning on almost giving that away as soon as we've settled on an Avensis.

Hi Mikael and welcome to the club.

The scratch ob the 2008 model should be fixed by the dealer before you take delivery.make this part of the deal before buying.

Had a simuler scratch on my car before buying plus a kirbed alloy wheel.

told them i would noy buy the car unless they were fixed,and they were.

Alright, fair enough. I was looking at that as a bargaining point! Hoping to take the price down a bit... But, of course, I'd have it fixed myself instead, which'd put the price right back up there.. :P

Hi you really have a lot of choices and all of them are really good. Good luck to you.

Thanks all!

It's now leaning towards the -06 Executive. It's a much better price, and although the GPS is from -06, it's still awesome to have a GPS built in!

I'll let you know how it goes. Monday I'll have papers signed on one of these.

Oh, and the executive isn't black metallic, it's grey metallic and it looks absolutely gorgeous!

Anyone have an executive with the GPS in a fold-up thingie on top of the dash?

I'm wondering what that hatch's dimensions are. If it's big enough and the GPS is crap, I might mod it and install an iPad with Navigon on it instead! :D

Signed and done! I'm now a Toyota owner! I decided on the grey metallic Executive 2006 and got a really good price in my opinion. Two sets of wheels (cause we swedes have this thing called winter) and the next service included in the price. :)

I'll get it in a week all polished up and ready.

I got a look at the GPS and got all nostalgic. Where online can I find info on how to get new maps for it? Does it need to be via a Toyota dealership, or are there third party maps/software providers?

I'm sure I'll get answers myself in a week or so, when I get the car and can read through the owner's manual, but I'm so excited I want to know everything now! :)

Anyone?

Also, are Avensis owner's manuals available online somewhere?