Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will They Rub?

Gig-189

I m going to see a set of o-z ultraleggera wheels, basically they are 17x7 with 205x45x17 tyres and +37 offset.

I m not intending to make any mods to the rear fender lips or anything, and I m running 45mm low. Will I have any problems on full load etc??

Thanks

Hey,

The rear will be no problem.

I'm just affraid for the front.

In the beginning I was lowered 50mm on coilovers, and I had 17x7 ET42 wheels, with 205/45-17 tyres.

I rubbed the front arch when turning on a bumpy road, on straight road it was no problem.

Grtz

Thanks, than from the 5mm difference on the offset they will rub badly I think?

Thanks again for the advice

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

did you get to fit those wheels? I;m also buying ultraleggeras 17x7 ET37 and I was considering 215/45 but I believe it will rub...

hi,

did you get to fit those wheels? I;m also buying ultraleggeras 17x7 ET37 and I was considering 215/45 but I believe it will rub...

Not when you're not lowered :)

Grtz

well I'm lowered :/ bilstein b8 + Eibach. Do I need to worry about the front or the rear? I'm also running negative camber -1,5 in front which gives me 9mm more space

Yes, the wheels are on but with 205/40 tyres. On the back I have plenty of space left. And with H&R springs, till now no rubbing at all.

Thinking of installing wheel spacers on the back to get a wider look.

well I'm lowered :/ bilstein b8 + eibach. Do I need to worry about the front or the rear? I'm also running negative camber -1,5 in front which gives me 9mm more space

Camber, nice!

You got some pics of that?

I'd say, only worry about the front, but with this camber it will be ok I guess :)

Without spacers at the rear it won't be a problem either.

Grtz

hey, thanks for reply. I don't have camber bolts installed yet, but will soon. I had it on my previous t-sport and I love that, especially with stiffer rear stabilizer bar. Now it's time to tune my new t sport :)

cheers

• 2 months later...

well I'm lowered :/ bilstein b8 + eibach. Do I need to worry about the front or the rear? I'm also running negative camber -1,5 in front which gives me 9mm more space

Hi there! Did you fit your Eibachs and Bilsteins at the same time?

I've just lowered my car on the Eibach springs but still using the standard shocks, so am considering upgrading to B8's like you. I've had no major problems so far as they've not even been on for a month yet, but I have heard the tyres rubbing when going over undulating bumps at speed.

Would appreciate your input on this. :)

no rubbing problems at all, even with my et37 7x17 wheels now. But I'm runnig -1,5 camber in front, that may be necessary