Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Revs Increase To Around 1200 Revs When Blower Is On Full

steve evz

Only noticed this morning that my revs were sitting high, i turned blower off then the revs dropped to normal.. My question is is that normal? Not known this on any other car i've driven

Or is it clever stuff kicking in putting more juice in the Battery when under load?

Thing is i just got off the motorway and was sitting at lights, car had been doing 70 mph plus for thirty mins, wouldn't that be classed as a warm engine or up to temp?

Its the clever Denso trying to use the engine to heat up the cabin for you! I think its a bit daft tbh as I donet really want my engine revving at 1200rpm at -1 this morning from cold start!.... But thats the way it is.

Its the clever Denso trying to use the engine to heat up the cabin for you! I think its a bit daft tbh as I donet really want my engine revving at 1200rpm at -1 this morning from cold start!.... But thats the way it is.

Thing is i just got off the motorway and was sitting at lights, car had been doing 70 mph plus for thirty mins, wouldn't that be classed as a warm engine or up to temp?

Its all about keeping the cabin to the temp that you've set!... Its totally normal mate...

Great thanks, don't mind it being clever stuff

My 2011 car does this all the time, put the lights/air con/heated rear window etc and the needles creeps a lot.

My revs go higher when the temprature selector is as hot as it will go,move it half an inch colder and the revs drop

Only noticed this morning that my revs were sitting high, i turned blower off then the revs dropped to normal.. My question is is that normal? Not known this on any other car i've driven

Or is it clever stuff kicking in putting more juice in the Battery when under load?

an alternator generates 12V for all installation and once you switch ON your fan that takes voltage from the system and the ballance must be achieved by RPM increasing. that is why you expperience reving up. cheers/Igor

Its normal nothing to worry about only time to worry is when it does it when hot with no air con or nothing turned on, my t180 did this and was a blocked 5th injector

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links