Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Problem: Incoming Call Audio Drops Back To Phone

amark16

Hey everyone,

I have a rather weird problem with my 2009 Rav4 bluetooth connection.

My phone is paired and connects without a problem to the car's bluetooth system.

I can make outgoing calls without any problems. However, when I receive a call,

the ringer is heard through the car's Speakers as it should, but as soon as i answer

the call, the audio drops back to the phone and i have to use my phone to talk. The radio

is heard through the car Speakers again.

I have an HTC Desire if that makes any difference. My old Nokia N73 did not have this problem.

Any similar experiences?

thanks

Sounds like a problem with the phone. When you are in the the call are there options to transfer the call to BT to the car? Have you poked around the BT settings, including holding down on the car pairing and selecting OPTIONS? Is your phone software up to date?

I had this issue once, when I held the answer button down too long (up arrow) this answers the phone and switches to privacy mode i.e. back to the handset.

Maybe?

Gus

The phone software is up to date. To be honest I haven't given much attention to any options during the call to transfer back to bluetooth etc. I'll have to check it out next time i'm in the car. As far as long-pressing the answer button that is a negative, good suggestion though...

Next time it does it, try pressing and holding the up arrow after it has dropped back to the phone, this should transfer it back to the handsfree. might give a clue if it is the phone or the hands free system or even try another phone?

Gus

On my android phone there is a couple of buttons on screen for speakerphone/dialpad/BT but I don';t know if HTC Sense if different. It usually saves the last used setting.

Hopefully the suggestions above will work for you.

Android is based on linux and linux's bluetooth stack (called bluez) can at the moment be problematical with some bits of kit. I know, I've been playing around with it's source code quite recently. There is a fair bit of work on going with it though.

While I'm a big advocate of open source and linux, I guess this can be one of its downsides - probably the majority of the programmers are not being paid to write the code, so it can sometimes be a long wait for a fix.

Is this the standard RAV radio or the Satnav?

Hopefully the suggestions above will work for you. Android is based on linux and linux's bluetooth stack (called bluez) can at the moment be problematical with some bits of kit. I know, I've been playing around with it's source code quite recently. There is a fair bit of work on going with it though. While I'm a big advocate of open source and linux, I guess this can be one of its downsides - probably the majority of the programmers are not being paid to write the code, so it can sometimes be a long wait for a fix. Is this the standard RAV radio or the Satnav?

Its the basic Radio, not satnav. So you think that it may be tackled in a future firmware update?

I hope so, if that is the problem - it's just a possibility.

• 7 months later...

Did you get that problem sorted?

Have any of you ever had a problem with your bluetooth where your call keeps breaking up?? I am having this problem all the time and its that bad I dont even use it anymore :( my phone connects to it fine though!