Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dome Fuse

shylad

Hi All,

I have a slight problem and was wondering if someone could help me out.

My interior lights, boot light and clock aren't working (clock resets to 12.00 each time the ignition is turned off), was told to check the dome fuse but cant seem to locate it.

I have removed the small flip out panel just to the right, below the steering wheel but cant see any fuses behind it.

Any ideas??

Cheers,

Simon.

Check out this pdf. You didn't say wich year your car is from so I used the file for mine. I hope it will help anyway.

fusebox 6.pdf

Check out this pdf. You didn't say wich year your car is from so I used the file for mine. I hope it will help anyway.

WOW, that was a quick reply :)

It's 2006 on a 55 plate.

I have found a small fuse panel behind the glovebox, is that the one i'm looking for??

Cheers, again.

HI

to locate the fuses you have to remove the cover to access the pedals. the box is next to the obd .

Same problem but self-inflicted as I was changing the useless Toyota courtesy light bulbs for LEDs and managed to blow the fuse in the process. Struggling to locate the fusebox so many thanks Shylad for the very helpful diagram. The Toyota handbook is frankly confusing with guidance on fuses spread over multiple sections. Why are there 2 fuseboxes in the Avensis cabin and both so difficult to access - very surprised that Mr T hasn't designed a more ergonomical car.

Not only has my clock reset to 12:00 but there are also other niggles with the computer readout where I have to reset fuel consumption when I turn on the ignition. Is it safe for me as a rank amateur to change the fuse myself or is it best to get a mechanic to do it? I'm afraid of doing untold damage to the electronics. By the way, the handbook mentions a fuse removal tool but I can't see where it is.

Simon, please can you report back if you manage to change your fuse and if everything is back to normal again?

Cheers

Hi, sorry for the delay, just not had time to mess with the car :(

Will try and have a look a bit later on today.

Hi all,

Sorted :) . Managed to find the fusebox under the steering wheel and found the blown fuse.

Was marked as fuse 7, 7.5 DOME, now my interior lights, clock, and headlamp warning beep are all working fine.

Thanks for all the input and advice all.

Simon :)

• Like 1

Simon, that's good news. Bu can you exlplain how exactly you accessed the fusebox: is there a plastic cover around it and does it just pull off. I tried to look at it after dark with a bright torch and it makes no sense to me - can't see what might look like a fusebox to me. Did you have to lie down on your back inside the footwell to get at it?

Hi Galad,

Really sorry for the delay in getting back to you, i was back at work (week on week off).

Heres a couple of pics from below the steering wheel, hope these help.

IMG_0554.jpgIMG_0557.jpg

• Like 1

i had this problem too when changing my door curtosy lights to leds. i didnt want to go opening stuff with the airbag being so close. managed to locate and change the fuse last night tho and alls working well again. cheers mate

• 1 year later...

Hi I seem to have the same dome fuse problem. But I cannot find the fuse box on the driver side. I removed the small plastic panel which has the fuses marked on its back but can't see any fuses.

Any help appreciated

• 3 months later...

hi shyla, thank you very much, this prob wasdoing my head in,even a mechanic didn't know how to fix it,thanks again

Hi All,

My interior lights, boot light and clock aren't working (clock resets to 12.00 each time the ignition is turned off), was told to check the dome fuse but cant seem to locate it.

I have removed the small flip out panel just to the right, below the steering wheel but cant see any fuses behind it.

Any ideas??

Cheers,

Simon.

Hi All,

Any ideas??

Cheers,

Simon.

hi

Hi all,

Sorted smile.png . Managed to find the fusebox under the steering wheel and found the blown fuse.

Was marked as fuse 7, 7.5 DOME, now my interior lights, clock, and headlamp warning beep are all working fine.

Thanks for all the input and advice all.

Simon smile.png

• 1 month later...

Had the Problem of no interior lights, Warning beeps, clock resetting and central locking stopped locking using the key fob but managed to find the fuse thanks to this topic, thanks for the help.

• 6 months later...

hi, i have the same problem..when i checked the fuses they all fine ,i have tested all the fuses ,,any idea where i can look next ..thanks

• 2 years later...

Hi.

I have the same problems with dome light and zero clock every time i start, i changed the blowen fuse with new one but it diddent help

having same problem ... any help

I saw a wiring diagram showing that dome fuse and ecu-b fuse are connected to something named (short pin) , the short pin p/n 82824-20140 ( according to post i read on net ...

but cannot locate it

any help

thanks

• 4 years later...
On 2/3/2012 at 4:58 PM, shylad said:

out

Would this be the same as an 2005 Toyota avensis d4d? I'm also  having  this problem..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links