Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My E11 Corollatte Project

DanialA11

Good skills, the g6/g6r grill is the dogs dangly's in my opinion!

If you were still looking for a set of TTE Mim's, i noticed on my routine scouring of flebay there is a set for sale at the moment (up for £250 if my memory serves me right) however they've been re-listed a couple of times so a possible deal to be struck there!

just thought i'd point them out as i remember all to well the desperation i had to find mine :)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DanialA11

• Steven252

• Richard K

• PaulinhoT

Are you going to add all the ideas for the previous rolla onto this one?

I don't get to check my old g6 often but I'll try to get the metal pipe dimensions the air filter is attached to.

It was originally off a 1.6 corolla sr e11. The sensor and grommet from the original airbox fitted into the metal pipe.

I'll try to upload a pic later in week.

Good luck

As promised

Pipe dimensions (mm) are as follows:

Length - 100mm

Diameter - 60mm

Thick - 2mm

Hole diameter 20mm

post-13671-0-97260700-1368183744_thumb.j

post-13671-0-35859400-1368183789_thumb.j

post-13671-0-70307900-1368183831_thumb.j

post-13671-0-15303900-1368183876_thumb.j

I intended to seal it from engine heat but I loved the noise too much.

I hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

Good skills, the g6/g6r grill is the dogs dangly's in my opinion!

If you were still looking for a set of TTE Mim's, i noticed on my routine scouring of flebay there is a set for sale at the moment (up for £250 if my memory serves me right) however they've been re-listed a couple of times so a possible deal to be struck there!

just thought i'd point them out as i remember all to well the desperation i had to find mine :)

As promised

Pipe dimensions (mm) are as follows:

Length - 100mm

Diameter - 60mm

Thick - 2mm

Hole diameter 20mm

attachicon.gif20130510_110649.jpg

attachicon.gif20130510_112124.jpg

attachicon.gif20130510_112153.jpg

attachicon.gif20130510_112241.jpg

I intended to seal it from engine heat but I loved the noise too much.

I hope this helps.

sorry lads again aint been on here,

bumped into a old friend who has got a old D reg twin cam and gifted me a K&N air filter i couldn't quite get it to fit however done a bit of diy an got it on using some evo inter cooler pipe plastic connector

also was after the tte mim's but iv lost hope now, however yesterday i seen these on gumtree which caught my attention,

not only have they al got same tyres, thread is good and iv always had a thing for these style alloys

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/for-sale-16-alloy-wheels-and-tires-4x100-130-ono/1026795118

let me get onto photo bucket and update you guys

however i still cannot get that lip to fit lads has anyone got experience putting g6r lip onto a standard rolla

so this is how the car was standing for i dont know how long null_zpsb439c881.jpg

null_zpscc2e0508.png

(screw on exhaust tip)

null_zps3bdcdf65.jpg

(Fully legal tints)

null_zps8231ca45.jpg

(interior light fitted by me also a alpine cde with mic an ipod connection)

more recent modification were followed by fitting an original K&N air filter and 23mm bonnet raisers however photo bucket is being a !Removed! atm an not letting me upload however will do as soon as photos are up :)

bonnet raiser

null_zps36334e26.jpg

here's the K&N as you can see there was a hole in the back of the air filter that allowed me to put the sensor which was on the airbox into the filter, :D the only problem is its load after 3500rpm anyway i can change this :( :P

null_zpsd4aabaea.jpg

i dont know y but sometime my air filter dissconnects itself from the black pipe i think ill have to get a metal pipe like Richard K

mine comes off too. need to sort something else out.

• Like 1

Steve is yours connected up like mine buddy?

And what do you think of them wheels on gumtree?

Yea mine is fitted in the same way. Need to make a longer tube to put it closer to the front of the car. wheels are a very personal thing, go with what you want.

well sadly my insurance will be finishing on the 22nd so car will be parked up untill i find a reasonable quotation

on the + side, i found some more pictures of my vert 1st corolla SR

bilalcorolla_zps9277b823.jpg

bilalcorollafront_zpsd7a0aef6.jpg

bilalcorollaside_zpsa3a41227.jpg

found the add i put up a few years ago on swaps, was over the moon

such a beautiful car, wheels wernt the best but was going to fast for anyone to realise :P

• 2 months later...

Anyone on here got any idea on how i can fit my g6r lip onto my corolla, doesn't line up to the standard holes underneath :S

Also just bought my self a set if team dynamic pro 1.2 16" alloys just waiting on the spigot rings of eBay and going to have to source a slim socket to fit my wheel nuts in

Air filter has been taken off as it would fall off every other day and havent had time to get round the problem

But one alloys are on then lip and air filter are hopefully next

I used about 3or4 tie wraps (linked together) through the bracket below where the original airbox was secured. I never had the filter come off, even when driving a little enthusiastically. I'm sure there's a better ways, but it solved the problem for me plus I kept the rest of packet in the car just in case. Your engine may get hotter than mine so thicker ties may work better for you.

Your filter location might not be as far over due to not having the extra pipe section, but if you look at my previous picture you'll see the tie is probably just under a inch from the end. So it may reach your filter.

Another idea depending on your kn filter size is to see if it will sit in the bottom half of the original airbox. Or modify a second hand one from a scrap yard.

Sorry I can't give a definitive single answer but hopefully you'll pick the bits that suit you and your car best.

Good luck

Richard k

well i do have a long arm from a civic might just modify that and stick it on /: not to sure

not bothered with filter at the moment alloys are my main concern

Are you putting them on prior to winter?

I used my old 14's for winter (high side and narrow) and saved my 17's for summer.

Plus it gave me a chance to wheel wax them a few times over winter.

Are you putting them on prior to winter?

I used my old 14's for winter (high side and narrow) and saved my 17's for summer.

Well i was looking for wheels for a while completely forgot about winter so might just be leaving them off

still have to buy some new wheel nuts as my standard ones dont fit

Could the lip be from a facelift sr instead?

well it was advertised on eBay a g6r front lip and does look like the g6r one as the sr one is slightly smaller

IMG-20130224-00381_zps0bd48f8e.jpg

To be honest it was a guess. That was the only reason I could think of to explain why it doesn't line up. I seen a facelift sr with this style of lip. And it already being silver too. G6R's were red or black. G6's were red, black or blue I think. Hopefully you get a good answer on here.

To be honest it was a guess. That was the only reason I could think of to explain why it doesn't line up. I seen a facelift sr with this style of lip. And it already being silver too. G6R's were red or black. G6's were red, black or blue I think. Hopefully you get a good answer on here.

so how could i fit this onto my rolla?

Unless you're willing to do Pilot holes and use self tappers or drilling plus nuts and bolts.

The only other options are expensive find another sr lip or see if the lower part of your bumper can be separated and replace

This is what I've previously seen.

http://i44.servimg.com/u/f44/16/84/68/98/fogs11.jpg

i think i would be better off selling it /: